Yes, I believe and don't go to Church20%20% - 88
I'm an Athiest - booyah26%26% - 116
I know there's something out there..16%16% - 71
Nothing is out there14%14% - 65
Total: 436
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
I personally do. You? Please state WHY you chose whatever it is you chose.

I believe in Christianity and so forth..
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
NIGHTMARE!!! Groundhog day mark 1000000 here we go! Seriously, use the search button.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-28 16:30:13)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6495|dunno
Yes
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

The_Killer wrote:

Yes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Yes and i think he fucking hates me.

Wow what a shit day.
WyrdNyrd
+6|6456|Mesa, AZ
Voted Atheist even though I consider myself agnostic. They both get grouped together all the time. I'm just sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens. If there is, YAY, something to look forward to after I die. If not then nothing.

Time to prepare myself for the hate towards my opinion.

Last edited by WyrdNyrd (2006-08-28 17:07:16)

bobby177
+129|6443|Texas.. getting out asap
I really dont know but I have been heavily leaning towards no for my whole life.

I don't want to waste all those hours and days praying for.... nothing. I just need some proof.

Last edited by bobby177 (2006-08-28 17:02:53)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6456|Melbourne

I dont belive that one god created Everyting i think evolution is more explainable.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
P581
Monkey
+44|6439
I am confused about the point of your poll, do you want to know how many people go to church? How many people believe in god? I'll just take a quick second  to make a terse comparison poll.
Imagine I asked this in a poll:

Do you like fruit?

1. Yes, I eat fruit all the time
2. No, but my mommy tries to feed me them sometimes.
3. I like fruit, but I don't usually eat it.
4. I LIKE APPLES!
5. I believe that I eat fruit.
6. There is no such thing as fruit, therefore i don't eat it.

You just need to add a bit of "clarity" to your poll. You should remove "I know there's something out there.." since it is essentially the same as saying "I believe in god but don't go to church".
Also take out "I'm an Atheist - booyah" because Atheism is actually a form of belief (like saying you're a Buddhist), whereas the rest of your questions are general statements, that do not question the poll takers religion. Seems a bit out of place. Also it's the same answer as the last question in your poll "Nothing is out there".

Next time you write a poll do some research, and really think about what you are trying to discuss, rather than just pulling 6 random questions about religion out of your ass.

I hate these "controversial topics" that no one really gives a rats ass about. Someone is just waiting for someone to say "I believe Jesus is my personal savior" so that they can flame them with stuff they read on some the liner notes of some Tool CD.  At least give us some sort of coherency when you try to start flame wars.

Edit: Also possible to expand this poll if you want to know the religions of people here.

Last edited by P581 (2006-08-28 17:17:09)

CyrusTheVirus
E PLURIBUS UNUM
+36|6443|United States of America
In God We Trust
dalexa
+4|6575|portugal
I'm an Athiest
i believe that this is a very touchy subject. too many questions can be made to mess up peoples mind...

examples...

- if there is a god and he created everything... who created him?
- if life appeared from the big bang... what created what maded the big bang or even where it occured?

like these there are plenty of question with valid points...

but no... i don't believe in any god... when we die we are just like any other animal or plant... our body just decomposes and no soul is goes to hell or heaven...
i do believe in other hand that we only know a part of the world we are living and that many other kinds of lifeforms may be present sharing our space...
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6637|Austin, TX

CyrusTheVirus wrote:

In God We Trust
That needs to be revised to "In a intangible figure we trust".
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
BCspeed34
+6|6528

dalexa wrote:

I'm an Athiest
i believe that this is a very touchy subject. too many questions can be made to mess up peoples mind...

examples...

- if there is a god and he created everything... who created him?
- if life appeared from the big bang... what created what maded the big bang or even where it occured?

like these there are plenty of question with valid points...

but no... i don't believe in any god... when we die we are just like any other animal or plant... our body just decomposes and no soul is goes to hell or heaven...
i do believe in other hand that we only know a part of the world we are living and that many other kinds of lifeforms may be present sharing our space...
QFT - IMO

I'm an Atheist
P581
Monkey
+44|6439

dalexa wrote:

So you believe in aliens, but not god?
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6637|Austin, TX

P581 wrote:

dalexa wrote:

Alien life is more believable then an invisible figure that created EVERYTHING. Our galaxy has over a million+ solar systems. If we are the only solar system with life in the entire galaxy, what a waste of space.
Mafia47
+27|6710|Chicago
what happend to the "I don't really believe in god but at the same time I don't know if he/she exsists and i'm not going to deny that he/she could or could not exsist." option? lol Just like the option said i'm not going to deny someones beliefs because I don't know enough about religion to say. But at the same time, to me, science makes more sense especialy along the whole evolution line. . . but thats just my opinion

and to add to what dalexa said also how can you answer these questions:

If god created the universe then who created him? Was he always here or did he create himself? Science says that matter cannot be created or destroyed but if their is a god then is their science? If god always was here then how can someone or something of always been here infinity years ago?

Questions like that i doubt will get answered in millions of years, if ever. Maybe questions like that cannot be answered by us because we are taught that infinity in a way doesn't exsist? Idk their are WAY to many questions that can come off this and excuse me for ranting. . .

Last edited by Mafia47 (2006-08-28 17:22:32)

jonsimon
+224|6465

P581 wrote:

dalexa wrote:

Aliens, defined purely as complex lifeforms outside of our planet, has a statistical advantage over god.
P581
Monkey
+44|6439

duk0r wrote:

P581 wrote:

dalexa wrote:

Alien life is more believable then an invisible figure that created EVERYTHING. Our galaxy has over a million+ solar systems. If we are the only solar system with life in the entire galaxy, what a waste of space.
Have you ever seen an alien?
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6637|Austin, TX

P581 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

P581 wrote:

Have you ever seen god?
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

I've never been religious so no i dont believe in god, as for an afterlife, the whole heaven and hell thing seems too conveniantly constructed to keep the masses in line so thats strikes me as BS too.

Only point of view that has ever made sense to me is actually one of science. As you may or may not know its generally believed and basically proven that energy cannot be destroyed, it can only be changed into a different form of energy (theres a name for this but ive forgotten it, its late and ive been drinking).

As you may also know the human brain functions through the use of electrical signals, so in theory, when you die and these signals cease its stands to reason all that electrical energy inside you has gone to "another place". some may choose to call this your soul, and in a way because of this there is something for us after death (a lot of anime bases itself around this way of thaught too), but life after death? no i think not
dalexa
+4|6575|portugal

P581 wrote:

dalexa wrote:

yes... but what does god have to do with another lifeform?
isn't god supposed to be the all mighty, all compassionated creator of all things?*
aliens are lifeforms like you, me or anything else and notice that i said anything... we are not better than cats, trees, wales, parrots or any other living thing in the planet... and there must be lots and lots of different life forms that we don't know... in our planet and in others...

*not every god is the creator of everything but you know what i ment with that...
WyrdNyrd
+6|6456|Mesa, AZ

P581 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

P581 wrote:

Have you ever seen a god/goddess?

Go roundabout logic!!!!

Last edited by WyrdNyrd (2006-08-28 17:24:16)

BurlySmurf
+1|6724|Nellis AFB
I don't doubt some kind of God, but I doubt that YOUR God is the one and only almighty.
P581
Monkey
+44|6439

duk0r wrote:

P581 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

Have you ever seen god?
If we are going to have this discussion we have to know two very important things. What is god, and what is "seeing".

As for god, we all have different definitions. I am pretty sure the world subconsciously sees god as the white robed figure standing in front of the golden gates in that Simpson's episode. You remember, the one where homer dies and gets a second chance? Well maybe it's best left for another discussion, but I get the feeling that a lot of people who consider themselves "atheists" are sick of people preaching at them, and people bowing down to the cheesy m*therfucking Simpson's god. I don't think thats a good reason to stop wondering about creation.

Back to topic; I believe what I was asking you was if you had ever physically seen an alien. Which your answer obviously is "no".

I will not contest that your belief that beings from outer space. What I am curious about is that you have the intelligence to realize that there is more to reality than you can see in front of your face.  Yet you categorically deny the existence of a higher power, simply based on statistics. If the vastness of space is so great, how can there not be a significant chance that it was created by a force higher than you? Most people believe that "seeing is believing" and in that respect I understand why people find it easier to believe in aliens than god. There is a possibility that you will see aliens, heck I saw them on TV last night. However you will probably (I say probably, but I mean almost certainly) never "see" god. How can you see the subtle changes on time and space as they expand and contract? How can you see the single component that comprises everything? You can't. Therefore it is much more convenient for us "rational scientific societies" to believe in nothing. It is a fallacy to think that all this scientific progress we have made has really even scratched the surfaces of the nature of our world (reality). I cannot convince people who do not want to be convinced of a higher power, I do not intend to do so. Still I hope you can see some of my points not as rhetoric, but as an open discussion.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6664|San Francisco
Rock on, here goes another one of these discussions...

I'm an Atheist, by the way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard