SPC.Egley
+0|6482
intersting thing happend, i d-loaded it...fine......then i ran it.....fine......tried to join a server....not fine. it says that i do not have one of the maps in the current rotation, and it says this for all of the servers., what am i doing wrong?
eagles1106
+269|6606|Marlton, New Jersey.
Can you guys say frogfoot=complete ground target ownage? I can. I LOVE flying it! Its bombs are so damn powerful that a direct hit on a tank with just ONE will kill it and 2 bombs dropped on a tank close enough will always kill it with area damage, and when I run out of bombs, ill use the bomb mode to see a target, then will switch to guns (the guns own also, and are capable of killing armor in one pass if you know how) and will blast the hell out of them.  I then usually use the rockets when spraying an enemy flag because they can cover a lot of area, the jet fucking pwns.  I also shoot down helos in it with ease because of its ownage guns..
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

yeh the balancing is good, way more thaught gone into it than BF2, all the aircraft and chppers have obvious strengths and weaknesses no 2 are really the same yet all are matched pretty well, choppers have had a massive overhaul. Pilot now has lock on AT missles (4) and standard dumb fire rockets (20) one set of each then back to reload, gunner has the gun (obviously) and AA Missles (4) again one set.

Havn'y seen much of the artillery system, spotted a few thing and then watched the guy controlling the arty promptly miss lol I dunno if that was my fault or his as i havnt tried the arty out yet.

Anyone know if theres a site with info about the pickup weapon locatons?
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6760|Pakistan/England

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Anyone know if theres a site with info about the pickup weapon locatons?
i know from exploring that the default locations are at the home bases of each team, usually inside or right next to buildings. ive only succesfully found them on a few maps though. if a person picks up a kit, goes far away, then dies, the kit stays where he died...i dont know if a new kit gets spawned in te remainder of the round. i guess thats bad for us but good for the sake of balance.
eagles1106

SPC.Egley wrote:

intersting thing happend, i d-loaded it...fine......then i ran it.....fine......tried to join a server....not fine. it says that i do not have one of the maps in the current rotation, and it says this for all of the servers., what am i doing wrong?
When you extracted did you mess with the map pack file it showed, because your not supposed to do anything with that or delete it..

@ the pickup kits, yes they do respawn but it takes a big longer then lets say a vehicle or something, my guess is maybe like 2 minutes

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-26 16:07:29)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

SPC.Egley wrote:

Did you have the map pack and the installer file in the same place? i think it might get screwy if you dont keep them together
SPC.Egley
+0|6482
yah, its all in the same place, i even d-loaded the server files too see if that worked, and nothing.
eagles1106

SPC.Egley wrote:

yah, its all in the same place, i even d-loaded the server files too see if that worked, and nothing.
my best guess is to install the mod again because your map pack probably somehow got fucked up..
SPC.Egley
+0|6482
and wait all that time again? damn, all i want is a new map pack! not the whole damn download
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6760|Pakistan/England

SPC.Egley wrote:

and wait all that time again? damn, all i want is a new map pack! not the whole damn download
do it when you go to bed
SPC.Egley
+0|6482
ya, i guess, thnx for the all
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6667|Ohio

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

who are the armies? and maps? and guns? Im downloading it, so ill probably go look these up, but there good topics to discuss.
look at the flags dummie
images off

and on another note, I cant install it, it says the maps.cab isnt in the temp folder with the installer. could this be because i saved the zip in another folder?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6728|Antarctica

eagles1106 wrote:

Ive seen all these threads about downloading the mod and asking if it was good or not, but theres no discuss thread!  What I mean is, for those who have played it, desribe what you like, what you dont like, what owns, what doesnt own, etc.  This is a "discuss the gameplay" thread.  So, like i said, discuss.

I played it last night due to the leaked password, and just loved it.  I love the infantry fighting, and think every handheld weapon is VERY good.  I love the jets (especially the frogfoot, it just obliterates ground targets), I think that the helos own, especially for the pilots because unlike vanilla, you dont just get rockets.  The armor battles are insane, the maps are great, and overall I think its just a great mod.

So, what do you guys think?  Discuss gameplay and what or whatnot you like to do/use (vehicles), what maps you play on the most, etc...
That pretty much sums it up.  I don't think I'll touch vanilla BF2 for a long while.
MECtallica
+73|6526|jalalabad
the game is fun, on the german army, UKRs voiceovers and vehicles suck>_>
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

way more thaught gone into it than BF2
You have got to be kidding me?  Way more thought went into a mod then actually building an entire game?
eagles1106

usmarine2005 wrote:

You have got to be kidding me?  Way more thought went into a mod then actually building an entire game?
I think what he meant was that PoE2 released smoother and more reliable content...
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6685
where can you pickup that NTW sniper rifle? like which maps and where?

ive been lookin and cant find any.lol
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6507|England
Can people post some screens please?

Much apreicated.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
Is there a way to guide the gunner's missle int the attack chopper? Never could figure it out.

Apart from that, absolutely amazing, especially the arty.
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6772
to the post above about the frogfoot not rearming - i had that same trouble - landed taxied etc ...
but on othermaps it was ok - so im gussing its either a map feature ... ie the euro fighter is actually used effectively .. or its a mapping mistake - however ill do more testing on it .. but its unlikely to be a mapping failure as they playtested them so much.

as for the gameplay -= loving it // guns which actually fire how guns should . helecopters that are ballenced - huge firepower but sluggish - or low armour and fast ..
the transport hele with rockets - great for taking your squad in with rockets flying to plant your guys by a flag or on the outskirts so they can run in.

and Oh mY Gosh  - the teamlay . on our server (search FFTF- with nocomo) when were all on TS its awsome - 
but im gussing thats due to the fact that we all play in the FFTF tournament - www.fightforthefuture.us - and so we are used to backing up players working as a team and as squads... and as for FALLEN -- Pure carnage .. its an apsolute blast...

and hey if u dont like it u canjoin in the ASW mod tourney im in in my sig.

lolm FFTF and POE2 for teh W1n !!!!111!!!1 //

glad everyone else loves it too ..
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6652|Washington, DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Is there a way to guide the gunner's missle int the attack chopper? Never could figure it out.

Which chopper. Trying from memory:

Eurocopter has a cannon and AA missiles. The AA missiles are like BF2, just aim, lock on, fire.

Hind has AT and AA missiles. Both are lock on and fire.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Which chopper. Trying from memory:

Eurocopter has a cannon and AA missiles. The AA missiles are like BF2, just aim, lock on, fire.

Hind has AT and AA missiles. Both are lock on and fire.
Ah, they lock on, I was just screwing with them in single player.

Thanks!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

usmarine2005 wrote:

weapons that are all different yet all balanced varied vehicles and aircraft that are all still comparable, decent maps, better sfx, fuck theres nothing bf matches it on, mods been over a year in production so yeh... more thaught indeed... well possibly not more just more coherant thaught. lets face it bf2 is pretty poor in comparison.

The ppl who make decisions for balance and game play adjustments at DICE/EA have never come close to what the PoE crew have achieved, PoEs basically a game replacement rather than a mod, other than the underlying game engine nothing is the same and all of it is better. PoEs only down side is the fact its forced to run on an unstable janky mess of a game like BF2 so it still suffers from the ever popular "there is a problem with ur connection" bs.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720
This is fuxed up. I downloaded it right? Now theres supposed to be some extracting....but i mean, there is no extract option.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

open the archive, put both the files inside it on ur desktop, run the executable one and stick in the pass key. done.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard