eagles1106
+269|6589|Marlton, New Jersey.
Ive seen all these threads about downloading the mod and asking if it was good or not, but theres no discuss thread!  What I mean is, for those who have played it, desribe what you like, what you dont like, what owns, what doesnt own, etc.  This is a "discuss the gameplay" thread.  So, like i said, discuss.

I played it last night due to the leaked password, and just loved it.  I love the infantry fighting, and think every handheld weapon is VERY good.  I love the jets (especially the frogfoot, it just obliterates ground targets), I think that the helos own, especially for the pilots because unlike vanilla, you dont just get rockets.  The armor battles are insane, the maps are great, and overall I think its just a great mod.

So, what do you guys think?  Discuss gameplay and what or whatnot you like to do/use (vehicles), what maps you play on the most, etc...

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-26 14:05:04)

eagles1106
I think you could also post any problems you see in the mod or any glitches...
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6724|Las Vegas
Favorite map so far:

Fallen.
https://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9568/fallen64la6.jpg

It's a pure infantry map that takes place in rolling forest land.  It was pure mayhem with 64 people in there.  The trees are dense enough that you could see a flash of one guy and as you come running at him you suddenly see 6 or even 10 guys rushing through the trees.  It definitely keeps you on your toes.

I have not come across any weapon pick ups but there are other weapons not in the kits around the bases that you can pick up with the G key.  Anybody found and used any of them?  Also, hows the artilery/spotting system?
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6599|Iceland
tell me the best connection options on BitLord cause it allways at 60 KB/s : /
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6704|U.S
how do i put in the password to open the file
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6650|Ohio
who are the armies? and maps? and guns? Im downloading it, so ill probably go look these up, but there good topics to discuss.
eagles1106

travisb05 wrote:

how do i put in the password to open the file
Did you download the torrent?  If so, open the file, right click on it and hit extract (or use any other extraction program you have) and extract to my documents or desktop (i extracted to desktop).  After you click extract, it should say something like "This file is password proctected", thats where you put the password.

lol @ tyler, last night my torrent downloaded it at 250-300 kbs the whole time, and I finished the dl slightly over 2 hours, I can imagine it sucks to be in Iceland when it comes to downloading stuff doesnt it...

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-26 14:41:59)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6599|Iceland

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

who are the armies? and maps? and guns? Im downloading it, so ill probably go look these up, but there good topics to discuss.
look at the flags dummie
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6704|U.S
it doesnt say anything about a password it had a toreent but no option to extract the file from the torrent it also shows a picture of the IE symbol instead of the standard thing
eagles1106

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

The armies are Ukraine and Germany, heres some info links

The renders
The storylines, yes, that Vietnam one hooks in with the bf2 one
The maps, just scroll down a bit, you'll see the overheads

@ Travis, when the file in the torrent completes, right click on it and click open or something like that, then follow my process I listed before.

Now, back to discussing, keep discussing about the mod guys.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-26 14:43:46)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6676|UK
why cant you rearm jets by flying over airfields?

I even landed taxied to the hanger and still nothing!

Surly a jet cant be worthless if you runn out of bombs/amnmo?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eagles1106

m3thod wrote:

Um, they can rearm by flying over the airfield, what are you smoking?  Ive been playing the mod since last night thanks to the leaked password and have played probably at least 10 or so rounds by now and have flown many planes, they do rearm.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-26 14:48:03)

ShellShock.PwN
+31|6792|Barrie Ontario
2 hours left
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6676|UK

eagles1106 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Um, they can rearm by flying over airfield, what are you smoking?  Ive been playing the mod since last night thanks to the leaked password and have played probably at least 10 or so rounds by now and have flown many planes, they do rearm.
wtf are you sure?

just Benson and Hedges, gold.

I was in the frogfoot on some snow map Guardian i think it was called.

I swear to god, damn thing wouldnt rearm, regardless of what i tried.

Ima gonna have another go.

BTW any idea why spec ops have a walkie talkie?!!!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eagles1106

m3thod wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Um, they can rearm by flying over airfield, what are you smoking?  Ive been playing the mod since last night thanks to the leaked password and have played probably at least 10 or so rounds by now and have flown many planes, they do rearm.
wtf are you sure?

just Benson and Hedges, gold.

I was in the frogfoot on some snow map Guardian i think it was called.

I swear to god, damn thing wouldnt rearm, regardless of what i tried.

Ima gonna have another go.

BTW any idea why spec ops have a walkie talkie?!!!
Yes, take the binoculars out, zoom in on something like an enemy position or tank (anything you want artilleried) and left click.  After you left click with the binoculars, take out the Walkie Talkie and left click, it will send artillery coordinates to any player in the mobile artillery for a manual artillery strike.
MECtallica
+73|6509|jalalabad
yea its a rather overhyped mod... most guns are alike, and , the benelli is a semi auto maneater, you  can kill anyone with it from any range WTF, and also the planes are more overpowered than BF2 standard jets, they can lock on to anyone, basically.
eagles1106

MECtallica wrote:

yea its a rather overhyped mod... most guns are alike, and , the benelli is a semi auto maneater, you  can kill anyone with it from any range WTF, and also the planes are more overpowered than BF2 standard jets, they can lock on to anyone, basically.
No, the benelli isnt overpowered, and no, the planes cant lock on to anyone.  And the AA can give the planes a run for their money because the AA in the mod is very effective against them, like it should be.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6705|MoVal So-Cal
Put some time in with the Hind. Pilot has massive firepower, 70 rockets that fire rapidly when thew mouse button is held. Cannon that dealz massive damage to ground troops and light vehicles. Too bad its so damn sluggish to fly
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6743|Pakistan/England

ShotYourSix wrote:

I have not come across any weapon pick ups but there are other weapons not in the kits around the bases that you can pick up with the G key.  Anybody found and used any of them?  Also, hows the artilery/spotting system?
ive used the MG3, NTW-20 (huge-ass sniper rifle), M82 (semi-auto version of the M95), vintorez (silenced sniper rifle), both AA and both AT pick up kits. i think thats most, if not all, of the pick ups. theyre all awesome, except for the silenced sniper rifle which is a bit inaccurate for my liking.

the arty system was hard to use, both to spot targets and to hit them with the arty piece. i prob just need to read the manual to understand how it really works (yeah i didnt bother reading it).
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6703
Does it crash though?

Which is a good sniper map? And is it true one of the rifles is a one shot kill?

Last edited by xX[Elangbam]Xx (2006-08-26 15:44:09)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6625|Mhz

For those who dont like torrents and those who cant find the password

(from another thread)

ShotYourSix wrote:

Here ya go, direct download: POE2 1.0 Client

http://www.mygm.org/mygm/downloads/inde … amp;id=120

Key:

..]POEv1.0.0[..]BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhasSUPPORTEDus]..
EDIT: Or if that link dosn't work use this one

http://www.no-clan-zocker.de/downloads/PoE2_v1.0.0.zip

Its the one i used got a steady 250KBps

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-08-26 15:48:58)

Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6546|Bristol UK
Its a very good mod IMO played bout 5 rounds on it. It needs a patch or 2 to sort out some minor things but gameplay is really good.

BTW it will CTD if you load guardian on low texture filter i think.
tahadar
Sniper!!

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Does it crash though?

Which is a good sniper map? And is it true one of the rifles is a one shot kill?
i think both the M82 and the NTW-20 are one shot kills.
M82:
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/TahaDar/screen402.jpg

NTW-20:
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/TahaDar/screen394.jpg

Last edited by tahadar (2006-08-26 15:52:12)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6703

tahadar wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Does it crash though?

Wow, i haven't heard much complaining then. Is it balanced in anyway though?

Last edited by xX[Elangbam]Xx (2006-08-26 15:51:22)

tahadar
Sniper!!

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

tahadar wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Does it crash though?

Wow, i haven't heard much complaining then. Is it balanced in anyway though?
yeah its pretty balanced actually. you have to FIND the one-shot-kill sniper rifles, you spawn with semi-auto, 3-shot-kill rifles if you just choose the sniper kit. therefore theres only one badass sniper per team at any given time with a one-shot-kill weapon, so its not too bad at all. and its not like everyones after the pick-up-kits, so theyre not that hard to get if you look for them.

oh, and you HAVE to be prone to shoot the pick-up sniper rifles, game wont let you shoot them unproned.

Last edited by tahadar (2006-08-26 15:57:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard