Poll

If you lived in New Orleans after Katrina, would you vote for Nagin?

Yes. Did the best he could for the City.36%36% - 16
No. He doesn't deserve to lead the Big Easy.63%63% - 28
Total: 44
13rin
+977|6521

FesterTheMolester wrote:

blame BUSH, not Nagin
How so?  Bush offered help.  The Governor turned him down.  The mayor turned him down.  2 days later they hit the media saying where is the help from the Federal government?  The State pushed a Democratic Party partisan upon the US using Katrina and its aftermath.  It was sad.  It's also sad you ate it up...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6584|Texas - Bigger than France

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Pug wrote:

I work with a guy who lost his house during Katrina, moved to Texas.  He voted for Nagin.  Reason: the guy running against him was about "twice as bad as Nagin, and was corrupt".  He said he would have rather voted for someone else, but no one else stepped up.

Hard to believe that someone can be worse than that guy...based on his on air antics...
Yea.  A guy I'm paying to mount a ringneck duck I shot is dealing with it too.  His brother-in-law was there for katrina.  Lost his house.  Finally got a check to rebuild from his insurance.  2/3'rds done building his new house and has a stroke.  Dead at 41.  Sad.  Hard to imagine anyone worse than Nagan though..
On my end, my co-worker's house is four blocks from one of the levy breaks.  He's brought up websites showing the flooding and pointed to one roof - that's mine.  His property tax bill this year was about $25.  It's normally about $4500.  He decided to move because he has a five year old, and there simply wasn't a place to go outside and play.  He lost his house and his job.  He also said the local news said the hurricane was going to hit in Florida when he went to bed.  He got a phone call at 5 am to get out of town, so he thru what he could in his truck and went North - he had about three hours to get out of town.

As soon as he got here he did get some good news - his wife's pregnant.  They're having some issues now because of the strain - its said that a new job, moving, and a new child are some of the most stressful things that people can deal with.  It's intensified because his wife lived on the same street for her entire life, except for college.  Her parents and sister lived within walking distance.  It's really hard to watch...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6732|Tampa Bay Florida
I find it a little dumb how there are only 2 options : He did what's best and He doesn't deserve to be the mayor.  There are few politicians these days who really do what's best in most situations
13rin
+977|6521

Pug wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Pug wrote:

I work with a guy who lost his house during Katrina, moved to Texas.  He voted for Nagin.  Reason: the guy running against him was about "twice as bad as Nagin, and was corrupt".  He said he would have rather voted for someone else, but no one else stepped up.

Hard to believe that someone can be worse than that guy...based on his on air antics...
Yea.  A guy I'm paying to mount a ringneck duck I shot is dealing with it too.  His brother-in-law was there for katrina.  Lost his house.  Finally got a check to rebuild from his insurance.  2/3'rds done building his new house and has a stroke.  Dead at 41.  Sad.  Hard to imagine anyone worse than Nagan though..
On my end, my co-worker's house is four blocks from one of the levy breaks.  He's brought up websites showing the flooding and pointed to one roof - that's mine.  His property tax bill this year was about $25.  It's normally about $4500.  He decided to move because he has a five year old, and there simply wasn't a place to go outside and play.  He lost his house and his job.  He also said the local news said the hurricane was going to hit in Florida when he went to bed.  He got a phone call at 5 am to get out of town, so he thru what he could in his truck and went North - he had about three hours to get out of town.

As soon as he got here he did get some good news - his wife's pregnant.  They're having some issues now because of the strain - its said that a new job, moving, and a new child are some of the most stressful things that people can deal with.  It's intensified because his wife lived on the same street for her entire life, except for college.  Her parents and sister lived within walking distance.  It's really hard to watch...
Dang.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6694|USA

Spearhead wrote:

I find it a little dumb how there are only 2 options : He did what's best and He doesn't deserve to be the mayor.  There are few politicians these days who really do what's best in most situations
I agree but what is more absurd is one of those politicians who is lacking in leadership during a crisis and has the loudest voice in screaming incompetence from someone else.
13rin
+977|6521

Spearhead wrote:

I only put two options on there because on a ballot, there isn't a "well maybe", "kinda", "yes AND no" option
CaptainKris
+54|6518|Safety Harbor, Florida
I would vote for Chuck Norris, he'd be the only one to actually make New Orleans back to the Big Easy.

Captain "Son of a Chuck" Kris
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6694|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/08/28/e … index.html

Wow, what a neat idea!!!.....Actually prepare for a hurricane, who woulda thunk it!!

Look out New Orleans, Nagin....The Federal govt has launched another minority killing hurricane, from there super secret, weather generating machine. Looks like they got it set on Miami this time and not New Orleans, so go back to doing what you were doing before........Nothing

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-28 19:14:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard