a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas
WTF?!?! anyone else tried to gun the attack chopper yet? You cant steer the tv missile for jack! the slightest nudge sends it whizzing by at 300mph... that thing is  majorly jacked.. no more left clicking .. you just move the mouse..  and like i said it travels at the speed of light.. i actually managed to hit a couple of things from fairly close range with it (dont ask how) but it didnt kill them either... soooo.. yeah. your thoughts? if you havent gunned yet try it...  you still activiate it with a right click in the gun seat.

I DO like the new transport chopper though.. you all have guns and can use them... in little swing seat thingies... then when you bail no chute is required.. you fall out in a pod or something...
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6600|Your attic
The TV missles in the attack choppers (yes they are choppers, no matter what DICE want to call them) are pitiful, it gives out almost no damage and I haven't seen anyone use it well yet, I'm sure once 2142 is released and people get the hang of it they'll become more usefull, but for now I still miss my cobra.
a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas
ok.. if someone can successfully guide this thing i will paypal 20 bucks... for a lesson on how to do it myself.. and like you said it doesnt hurt anything. jeez i only hit the titan b/c i was broadside to it point blank..
tried just to see if i could.. if you hit something with that thing as squirrely as it is you should get an f'in medal.
teh_slackerer
+2|6482
i dont know what you guys are talking about, the tv missile is the best weapon in game, kills anything in 1 shot, i've manged to hit other choppers with it consistantly, they pretty easy, goto http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … tv+missile to some videos xfire me a_rabid_std and i'll teach ya

Last edited by teh_slackerer (2006-08-25 20:26:51)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6704|Vancouver BC Canada
Not BF2, BF 2142, Dur.
cowcow
+0|6666
People need to read sometimes, he means the tv missles in battlefield 2142
teh_slackerer
+2|6482
o nm i just noticed wrong forum, errrrrr srry
topthrill05
+125|6587|Rochester NY USA

teh_slackerer wrote:

i dont know what you guys are talking about, the tv missile is the best weapon in game, kills anything in 1 shot, i've manged to hit other choppers with it consistantly, they pretty easy, goto http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … tv+missile to some videos xfire me a_rabid_std and i'll teach ya
Haha tardsakle.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6728|Las Vegas
On the beta forums people were bitching about the TV missiles being nearly impossible to control and some EA guy just kept defending them and saying you'll just have to learn to deal with them.  Not exactly painting a picture of EA being interested in feedback there. 

What killed my excitement for the game was when I noticed that the Red/Blue bug is still present as well as missiles going through targets.  The fact those bugs are present in the beta does not bode well for the game.  How can they be at beta stage and still not have fixed these yet?  Probably gonna see these in final.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-08-25 20:33:41)

Proxus
+4|6464

a_rabid_std wrote:

ok.. if someone can successfully guide this thing i will paypal 20 bucks... for a lesson on how to do it myself.. and like you said it doesnt hurt anything. jeez i only hit the titan b/c i was broadside to it point blank..
tried just to see if i could.. if you hit something with that thing as squirrely as it is you should get an f'in medal.
qft...

ill see his 20 bucks and raise you a beer... if you can actually fly those damn things... wow lol :X
a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas

Proxus wrote:

a_rabid_std wrote:

qft...

ill see his 20 bucks and raise you a beer... if you can actually fly those damn things... wow lol :X
Amen.. hell i'll match the beer too.. as long as the lesson on how to do it is included or what hack i need.. damn.. talk about impossible.
a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas
oh and about them defending it saying its gonna stay that way.. well, i bought an xbox 360 opening night. and COD2 to go with it.. the multiplayer SUCKED so everyone bitched and emailed/wrote the company that made it and got BS answers, but everyone persisted and they FINALLY released a patch.. i had already sold everything by then so i dont know if it fixed it or not.. but if its ghey when it comes out then we just need to bitch to EA and dice and spam them with complaints and threats to never buy another product again and they'll crack...
BurlySmurf
+1|6764|Nellis AFB
Flying them isn't the problem. It is doing damage with the little bitch missiles strapped to the sides.
a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas
what are you talking about burly?? the chopper or the actual TV missile .. or what i call it for lack of a better word.. it replaced BF2's TV missile.. now i DO like the fact that its easier to hit targets as the pilot with the rockets.. but the tv blows.. how are you flying it then if you were talkinga bout the tv?
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6772

Someone lend me their 2142 beta tester status and I'll teach you how to use the tv missles.
a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas
haha ok gotmex.. im a GOOD gunner in BF2..  you just TRY it in 2142 when the open beta comes along in a couple of weeks. THEN you let me know how easy it is..
or just go pay 6.00 at file planet for a 1 month subscription, download it, get your key, then cancel that jammy.. a 6.00 early beta.. cant beat that.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6815|Portland, OR, USA

GotMex? wrote:

Someone lend me their 2142 beta tester status and I'll teach you how to use the tv missles.
Trust me, it's impossible. It moves with your mouse (no clicking) and is super hard to control.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6536|London (At Heart)

Meh, when my game stop's CTDing I'll give it a shot.
a_rabid_std
+16|6612|Arkansas
these sh*ts still arent fixed... damn.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
actualy I find the TV missles in 2142 to be good
Why?
They have spalsh damage like C4, in the beta I could take out guys on the ground that were grouped together.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6705|South Africa
I think i hit an enemy attack chopper once. So i've got 1 kill with it

But OMW they are ****ing difficult to guide. And they accelerate too.
After about 10 meters, their speed increases from 300 KM/h to about 600 KM/h...

Seriously tho, really hope thy fix them in the full. TVing is like my favourite thing in BF2... vehicle wise at least.
Simon Moon
+13|6679|Canada

a_rabid_std wrote:

Pretty easy. Have teamspeak or ventrillo with the pilot. Now remove your mouse form the desk so its nowhere near possible for it to move. Guide over speech your pilot to give make small sweeps, slowly and click in the right moment then watch the thing fly striaght as an arrow to the target.

The other optio is to tone down your mouse sensitivity and then you can move it only so little that the method above is actually more sucessful.

Pay up
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51

Simon Moon wrote:

a_rabid_std wrote:

Pretty easy. Have teamspeak or ventrillo with the pilot. Now remove your mouse form the desk so its nowhere near possible for it to move. Guide over speech your pilot to give make small sweeps, slowly and click in the right moment then watch the thing fly striaght as an arrow to the target.

The other optio is to tone down your mouse sensitivity and then you can move it only so little that the method above is actually more sucessful.

Pay up
I can change the sensitivy on my mouse ingame, and I set it to 400 dpi, the slowest sensitivity and still I wouldn't hit jack.. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.
Microwave
_
+515|6664|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I can guide them well.... really!

All you need is good comms between you and your pilot (teamspeak)

then you put in to action a simple tactic (work it out for yourself ) and you can take out anything in one swoop.

There's an art apposed to a skill to guiding them you just have to suss it out.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6542|Denmizzark!!

teh_slackerer wrote:

Read!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard