Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6493|United States
All I can say is wow, wow wow!
Flying jets with a joystick is absolutely amazing. Its made me a 300% better pilot overnight. Was a bit hard getting used to it after flying with a mouse for a year, but I just recieved the Logitech extreme 3d pro off newegg, for $30.

I really like flying the MIG with a joystick, it just handles unlike any other jet. Now when I play daqing i'm actually able to evade the J-10 in the f-18 once in a while and even take it out. I think my sensitivity a bit low though, its at 60% w/ a deadzone of 15% on both X and Y axis. Settings up on bombing runs is a tad bit difficult still, since alot of the time my brain gets confused because I gotta steer the jet by twisting the joystick + lineing up the jet...im getting the hang of bombing though/

I havent had any serious issues with it yet. There was some confusion with setting it up in Bf2 but I got some help here with that.

But if your flying w/o a joystick it should considered a mortal sin hehe....

Last edited by Gentlesouljah.e (2006-08-25 09:34:18)

loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6566|Valhalla
Well done to you
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6684
Glad to see that my guide has converted at least one pilot
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

i think my joystick will be permanantly retiring in the next few days. My jet days are over
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6716|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
wow stryyker funny sig hes a fudge packer IMO but what ev now to the realy subject i am hungry as fuck...ok

i bought a joy stick no lie from walmart i had 30 dollars so i bought a Saitek ST290 pro an it nice i still use the key board for shift and flares but thats about itits helps evading j10 missle in thats nerfed peice of shit some people call a plane
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

Tushers wrote:

wow stryyker funny sig hes a fudge packer IMO but what ev now to the realy subject i am hungry as fuck...ok

i bought a joy stick no lie from walmart i had 30 dollars so i bought a Saitek ST290 pro an it nice i still use the key board for shift and flares but thats about itits helps evading j10 missle in thats nerfed peice of shit some people call a plane
Al Gore invented the internet.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6496|Life in a vacuum sucks
congrats man
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6840|Marathon, Florida Keys
i have a saitek x52 that i got last christmas, but i dont use it because i can use a mouse/keboard 300% better =/
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6616|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
3D pro owns hard.  Same one I have, got it for a good price too.  Although I cant see how ppl have a hard time getting used to switching from mouse/keyboard to joystick, its so much more natural.  I fly helos with it too.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6787|Scotland

Can it be used for a left-hander? Because the EVO can, and if you say it is very good, i might get it, but only if it is an ambidextrous joystick.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6493|United States
Just owned up RUS oman 24/7
22-0, 23-0 & 34-3....3 rounds in a row

I just cant engage helicopters very well....so alot of my kills are dog fighting w/ a few bombing in between
alpinestar
+304|6627|New York City baby.
Keyboard and Mouse  = suckage
Shadow893
lel
+75|6723|England

alpinestar wrote:

Keyboard and Mouse  = suckage
Truer words have never been spoken
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6524|N. Ireland
Well it is called a JOYstick.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6493|United States
I uped the sensitivity to 70% on both X and Y axis. May go a bit higher... But my turning radius is already insane.
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6616|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

I uped the sensitivity to 70% on both X and Y axis. May go a bit higher... But my turning radius is already insane.
Ya, that makes you more manueverable, but you shouldnt turn it too high.  Then it becomes too sensitive and you have trouble lining up the gun shots.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6726|UK

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Was a bit hard getting used to it after flying with a mouse for a year
A year? And your a staff sgt?
yesca
+0|6483
How do you change the deadzone and sensitivity on the extreme 3d pro? My Saitek had a deadzone app but can't find it for the Logitech.
L0pht=TAG=
+2|6503
Mouse and keyboard are 10x better than joysticks
Cr4zyM3x1c4n
+5|6516
ahh nice i have a 3d pro it owns !!! i dont like using it with choppers it sucks but jets own except the so called j-10 nerfed too much it sucks. i like the mig and the f35 and f18
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6493|United States

L0pht=TAG= wrote:

lol are you kidding me....its idiots like u that keep doing circles to avoid me....not realizing i can out turn you...eventually i come up behind u...no lock, MG you down. I bet its a terrible feeling knowing ur so bad an enemy pilot can actually MG you down without useing missles.

With a joystick its a 100% constant smooth motion...with a mouse u need to pick up the mouse to replace it to keep turning. its those seconds that u pick it up that I out turn u.

Anyway...since I last posted this, bombing is just as easy as dog fighting now...and anytime im in the air im able to keep the enemy jets down.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6726|UK

L0pht=TAG= wrote:

QTF
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6493|United States

Cr4zyM3x1c4n wrote:

ahh nice i have a 3d pro it owns !!! i dont like using it with choppers it sucks but jets own except the so called j-10 nerfed too much it sucks. i like the mig and the f35 and f18
Ya I cant use it with choppers..very hard. I juse use M/KB for helo's.
I love the MIG. Its god like. It handles beautifully. It also has a better turning ability than the f-18...so anytime im in it on Kubra dam, the f18 typcially doesnt last long in the air....

Im not amazingly good yet, but i'd consider myself skilled now. Its the only the very good pilots that evade me.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6726|UK

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

L0pht=TAG= wrote:

lol are you kidding me....its idiots like u that keep doing circles to avoid me....not realizing i can out turn you...eventually i come up behind u...no lock, MG you down. I bet its a terrible feeling knowing ur so bad an enemy pilot can actually MG you down without useing missles.

With a joystick its a 100% constant smooth motion...with a mouse u need to pick up the mouse to replace it to keep turning. its those seconds that u pick it up that I out turn u.

Anyway...since I last posted this, bombing is just as easy as dog fighting now...and anytime im in the air im able to keep the enemy jets down.
Mouse >>**AND**<< keyboard meaing some of us use a button the KB to turn which is just as good as a joystick + its easier to aim with the mouse
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6729

stryyker wrote:

i think my joystick will be permanantly retiring in the next few days. My jet days are over
Why?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard