B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

well, Recons under camo can still be spotted by UAV and since the SL now has a portable UAV available, I think it's all about teamplay and squadding up in 2142. I don't think it will become that big of a problem.
Twinn
+3|6532|Milwaukee, WI
The Camo is perfect in game. Theres no way you can miss the blurry refraction running down a corridor, let alone the red tag that sadly does show when pointed at, it only truly shines when you flank from the sides or are completely still. Perfect for getting behind armor and setting explosives, but not so overpowered as to walk right up to you and stab you in the face without you ever seeing a thing.

There is also an unlock that specifically counters the camo , plus a new feature that will show units on the 3d map when spotted.
B.Schuss

will the camo stop working when you shoot the guy ?
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6504|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Reminds me of Harry Potter with his invisible coat.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I thought it was a bug the first time someone ran by me with it..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
I think that recon soldiers should get thermal goggles to counter this. The camo adjusts its temperature to your surroundings when you stand still, but when you're on the move it only hides you a little bit. That way you can't just hapilly walk from one CP to the other straight across a field in the middle of a dozen enemies.

B.Schuss wrote:

will the camo stop working when you shoot the guy ?
No, it doesn't. untill they pull out a weapon or their camo energy runs out they remain cloacked.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-08-23 06:10:48)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I'm sure it'll be fun. It'll certainly help with a knife badge should there be one
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6570
It's still a BETA and you guys are already whining and requesting DICE to nerf stuff...

Please go and end yourself.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

fierce wrote:

It's still a BETA and you guys are already whining and requesting DICE to nerf stuff...

Please go and end yourself.
huh?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
starman7
+15|6726
Hmm... seems to be more situational than I thought.  It sounds as though if you're paying attention, and in a squad, it should be fairly easy to spot active camo, but when they're more concerned about a battlewalker than near-invisible guys sneaking up from behind and knifing them...

And hitting active camo the instant you hit the Titan deck is a good idea.  You will have a few seconds to get your bearings, while the other members of your squad will have to hit the deck running and gunning.

Plus, sometimes you really just want to sneak away from that tank without getting the **** blasted out of you.
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

How long does the camo last? Your making it sound like you can run across the whole map with your camo on.
[KS]RECON
+35|6564|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda
Recon Forever !!! LOL
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Ya I was thinkin the same thing lol

I guess it'll be fun sneaking around trying to knife their commander
MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad
what if the commander is running around in the camo? XD

and yea, theres gotta be an unlock that lets you see/ kill the cloakers (IE rail gun that only works on cloakers...? would own:p)

Last edited by MECtallica (2006-08-23 13:42:27)

TheEvilCubivore
+1|6588
Lol I guess im Gonna be shotgunning a lot of Camo soldiers

"OMG I AM THE ELITE STEALTH- WTF KICK! HE JUST TURNED AROUND AND <Whatever jackhammer is>ed me!"
CaptainKris
+54|6478|Safety Harbor, Florida

Spearhead wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

IDIOTS!!! ITS AN INVISIBLITY CLOAK!!! Lmao I can't believe I recognized the difference. That would be an odd game. EA Games presents BattleField: HOGWARTS! Lmao Dumbledore vs Voldemort. Ah shit thats right he died. DAMN YOU JK ROWLING!

Captain "Stupid Books" Kris
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

CaptainKris wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

IDIOTS!!! ITS AN INVISIBLITY CLOAK!!! Lmao I can't believe I recognized the difference. That would be an odd game. EA Games presents BattleField: HOGWARTS! Lmao Dumbledore vs Voldemort. Ah shit thats right he died. DAMN YOU JK ROWLING!

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=19028
CaptainKris
+54|6478|Safety Harbor, Florida

Spearhead wrote:

CaptainKris wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=19028
Ah crap. I just got owned. Touche.

Captain "Where's my wand?" Kris
zachstu8
+1|6643
camo lasts forever noob without the game. Just keep holding down the fire button and it lasts forever noob.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

zachstu8 wrote:

camo lasts forever noob without the game. Just keep holding down the fire button and it lasts forever noob.
No, it doesnt. it lasts for about 30-45 seconds before it needs to recharge
manitobapaintballa
+32|6620

Spearhead wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

well, is it so much of a problem it will ruin gameplay?  I mean, it's a cool idea, but if it really is THAT easy to just hit the switch and go kill 10 people without even realizing you're their, than it will A. get nerfed or B. ruin the game

The entire point of titan gameplay is that you have to fight your way in in the first place.  It will honestly suck tons worse if you can just walk in and blow it up. 

I hope they nerf it, by the way you're making it sound
Omg its not even out and we get people asking for things to be nerfed already sweet jesus give it a rest its only beta at moment .
knowing the nature of online gaming, it's not a very wise thing to add INVISIBILITY.  He just said all you have to do is walk into the enemy titan and blow it up, so ya kthxbye
easier said then done
manitobapaintballa
+32|6620

zachstu8 wrote:

you say noob way to much
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

stryyker wrote:

M_Harrower wrote:

My bad.
zes no problem, without sprint, i never would have gotten [image of me knifing chuy in the head] delicious decoration
>.<
B.Schuss

lol....can anyone confirm that support can use their EMP grenades to disable the camo ? after all, it is an electronic device...
Delphy
+45|6587|Bristol, UK
God, i'm going to hate invisible assholes c4ing my tank... grr.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard