[FIS]-Thor
+0|6744|Vienna- Austria
getting teamkilled and after that u are moved to the other side, when u just didnt even take off a shot in karkand.
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6771|Columbus, Ga.
in spite of things like jet/helo rapage, i'd have to say the thing that grinds my gears is somone that drives off from a point in a vehicle by themselves and refuses to take anyone with them.  so, what i do now is this, if they take off without ppl and the ppl are calling for a ride, they can expect an eryx up the rear end of the buggy/hmv/jeep/whatever.  i now gladly take the TK/Team vehicle damage/whatever....damn that kinda stuff gets me pissed.

(i didn't look to see if someone posted something similar, so if they did sorry )

Last edited by [CPD]588 (2005-11-12 19:02:54)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838
I was Sniping Away Before I had an unlock, I was doing well too. Stayed Alive Shoot n scoot ETC. the Enemy Comander droped a Suply crate on my head near the End of the game. I thought it was a pretty cool Move really.
mars111
+0|6772
have dead so many times trying to get the basic explosives badge...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
You know what really grinds my gears?

Gunners who can't gun.
Gunners that bail leaving you without a Gunner.
Pilots who bail without warning their crew.
Pilots who rush to get in front of you to grab a heli and then do nothing but fly to the uncappable enemy base and bail with you still in it.
Pilots that try to be cool and do flying tricks with a full crew and end up killing everyone.

I've gotten so used to pilots bailing in mid flight that me switching to pilot and flying doesn't even bother me anymore. I hate those fuckers though.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
RadeonII
+1|6776
I take that back Sorry I was just pissed off  lol///

Last edited by RadeonII (2005-11-14 14:23:33)

Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6763|Gilbert, Arizona
i play infrequently, so what if i have a low global score and take BH's just to get off those goddamn Carriers?
most of the time there's 1-5 people waiting for a jet or just touching themselves.

so in a general statement, GET OFF ME! I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GAME!

i'll still play, i'll learn in the space of playing at my friend's, and to make picky people happy i will spend a minute going down to the bay and getting a fucking boat so i can chug along to the fucking shore instead of taking your BH's and ditching them later.

wait, FUCK YOU PICKY PEOPLE!

i'll waste a BH looking like a n00b to get to my goddamn tank if i wanna! and maybe, i will play nice when i actually get the game and hardware to run it.

my score is irrelevant you crusty dildo!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-

Mr_Self-Destruct wrote:

i play infrequently, so what if i have a low global score and take BH's just to get off those goddamn Carriers?
most of the time there's 1-5 people waiting for a jet or just touching themselves.

so in a general statement, GET OFF ME! I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GAME!

i'll still play, i'll learn in the space of playing at my friend's, and to make picky people happy i will spend a minute going down to the bay and getting a fucking boat so i can chug along to the fucking shore instead of taking your BH's and ditching them later.

wait, FUCK YOU PICKY PEOPLE!

i'll waste a BH looking like a n00b to get to my goddamn tank if i wanna! and maybe, i will play nice when i actually get the game and hardware to run it.

my score is irrelevant you crusty dildo!
That was... interesting.

No, please, go on...
Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6763|Gilbert, Arizona

kilroy0097 wrote:

You know what really grinds my gears?

Gunners who can't gun.
Gunners that bail leaving you without a Gunner.
Pilots who bail without warning their crew.
Pilots who rush to get in front of you to grab a heli and then do nothing but fly to the uncappable enemy base and bail with you still in it.
Pilots that try to be cool and do flying tricks with a full crew and end up killing everyone.

I've gotten so used to pilots bailing in mid flight that me switching to pilot and flying doesn't even bother me anymore. I hate those fuckers though.
i agree. i have died several times on Wake and the like because an entire other Squad will just let me tag along and their b1tch a$$es bail and snicker while i am there finally noticing that they bailed all too late.

but now i keep a sharp eye on that little HUD where the greens and blues show and leave.

doing tricks is for when you have downtime in a server waiting to actually start and you want to actually see if you can do it, IMO. but if you can actually do it without fucking up...keep doing it. but the first time you kill us both because of those maneuvers, or all of us...that's where i draw the line.

i also hate getting TK'd for a vehicle because some crybaby doesn't want me to take it. finders drivers dammit.

i also hate getting TK punished for some dipshit that doesn't bother to realize what the red skull means.

there's more. i just don't feel like typing it all.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

You know what grinds my gears? Getting stuck on a ladder on the way to an enemy sniper where there's a claymore on top. You see it, you don't climb any higher, you've already spent ages getting up there, (Hotel in Gulf of Oman,) and there's a numbnuts on the ladder behind you. I like it though when its on the top of some stairs and you're engineer. you take it out and kill the sniper and the snipers like, "What the fuck?"

But you know what really grinds my gears? You America, FUCK YOU!

Family guy rules. I am honoured to share the name Peter.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RadeonII
+1|6776
The  complaints that go on and on like a fricken book  thats what grinds my gears
FLaXCarnage
+1|6787|Florida
People who stand up and turn around when im about to knife them then bunny hop away from me then blow my ass off while im to shocked to take a weapon out.
UberStarWarsFan
+1|6747
One little anoyance that I have is this.  If a sniper is prone and obviously shooting at the enemy.  What would posess you to run right in front of him then drop down into the prone position right on top of him.  I know that I am not the only one that has had this happen to him.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
My gear grinder is not knowing if it's just that I suck that bad, the other person is that good, or the fucker is cheating with some hack that he bought off the web.  And spawn camping, vehicle whores that do nothing but sit with a good shot at a paticular spawn point and cap people before the victim can even move.  I swear to God I die more often to that than anything else.

Last edited by Burning_Monkey (2005-11-15 15:41:22)

nating75
+0|6778

Tyferra wrote:

You know what grinds my gears? Getting stuck on a ladder on the way to an enemy sniper where there's a claymore on top. You see it, you don't climb any higher, you've already spent ages getting up there, (Hotel in Gulf of Oman,) and there's a numbnuts on the ladder behind you. I like it though when its on the top of some stairs and you're engineer. you take it out and kill the sniper and the snipers like, "What the fuck?"

People from New Zealand are always distempered since it's the ugly step-child of Australia.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-15 15:42:07)

Pineapple_Pez
+2|6745
America...FUCK YEAH!  So lick my butt and suck on my balls! 
Terrorists your game is through, cause now you have to answer to...America, FUCK YEAH!
Its the dream that we all share, its the hope for tommorrow!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

nating75 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

People from New Zealand are always distempered since it's the ugly step-child of Australia.
Nasty bastard. I said that last part because it's a quote from the Family guy movie, not because I genearally agree with it.... I guess...

Did you know New Zealand was origonally planned to be a state of Australia? Interesting prospect huh?
But I guess people realised that NZ was just too good to be joined with some crappy desert-filled country like Australia.

I can go on for hours bro, maybe you were right about me being distempered.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
nating75
+0|6778

Tyferra wrote:

nating75 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

Nasty bastard. I said that last part because it's a quote from the Family guy movie, not because I genearally agree with it.... I guess...

Did you know New Zealand was origonally planned to be a state of Australia? Interesting prospect huh?
But I guess people realised that NZ was just too good to be joined with some crappy desert-filled country like Australia.

I can go on for hours bro, maybe you were right about me being distempered.
I feel I must appologize for my quote... I'm sorry, you just got me worked up and all you know (I didn't realize it was from Family Guy [edited: I just noticed you did mention Family Guy, I'm the dumbass], if you would have said that I wouldn't have taken any offense). I'll make sure to look for you in the game and give you my support.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-18 21:26:02)

killazpdx
+-2|6736|Portland,Oregon
What really pisses me off is when someone outruns you to the attack helo and then jumps in the gunner seat. Then the pansy asshole has the audacity to give you the, "Get In!" and "Go Go Go!" All the while you are thinking about how it will only be one TK...... I mean who boots for only 1!?
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6788|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
When I'm in the middle of an incredible round and the wifey starts hounding me to see some damn house on HGTV, some recipe on Emril, some crap sob story on Oprah blah..blah...blah.

But of course I get up...go down stairs and bite the bullet. It's called a guilty consciense (sp?). She keeps the beer and whiskey flowing so I dont have to get up and dosnt give me th piss for playin so much. BUT it grinds my damn gears b/c her timing always sucks. NEVER inbetween rounds or server changes, always when I'm in the groove.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
i fucking hate it when you join a game and go to join a mates squad on usmc, you go to press the sqaud button but click a bit to high and click MEC, it swaps you and gives you -2 and wont let you swap right back!!!!!!!! this has been the reason for many a shutdown!!
Mafia47
+27|6742|Chicago
When you go driving down a street in a humvee screaming "get in!" to all your teammates around you and beeping your horn like crazy and then you swerve to avoid your teammates and they run in front of your car and you tk them even though its their own fault and they know it and then on top of it all they punish you for it and you get banned for having to many tks

Last edited by Mafia47 (2005-11-18 23:23:45)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
You know what grinds my gears? That I can only play BF2 on my bro's comp and it tends to somehow not let me play BF2 (Graphics Card failure, etc). What's worse is that I don't have my bro's password and I can only play when my sister types his password for me. I want a new computer...

Another thing is how BF2S forum members refer to car bombing as 'jihad jeeping'. I find this very painful, for jihad does NOT mean blowing yourself up and killing dozens of people. Islamic radicals who believe so obviously think that they are serving the greater good, but are actually desecrating the name of Islam and unknowingly opposing the whole concept of Islam. This religion is based on peace, and practitioners of it have always preferred negotiations and peaceful ways to solve problems. A better term to use would be 'kamikaze-ing'. So, please refrain from using the hurtful term.

Last edited by Tetrino (2005-11-23 04:45:41)

FUTOOYABUM
+0|6743

the_heart_attack wrote:

i fucking hate it when you join a game and go to join a mates squad on usmc, you go to press the sqaud button but click a bit to high and click MEC, it swaps you and gives you -2 and wont let you swap right back!!!!!!!! this has been the reason for many a shutdown!!
If you could swap right back people would use it as a cheat to find out where the enemy is. I have seen people join squads and leave quickly just to find them on the other team in text when i get killed. I think there running two pc's.. Damn bastards.
Sud
+0|6749
Another thing is how BF2S forum members refer to car bombing as 'jihad jeeping'. I find this very painful, for jihad does NOT mean blowing yourself up and killing dozens of people. Islamic radicals who believe so obviously think that they are serving the greater good, but are actually desecrating the name of Islam and unknowingly opposing the whole concept of Islam. This religion is based on peace, and practitioners of it have always preferred negotiations and peaceful ways to solve problems. A better term to use would be 'kamikaze-ing'. So, please refrain from using the hurtful term.
Jihad means "Holy War". To most peace loving nations, this is an oxymoron, and truly a religion that supports peace shouldn't take any insult from the term "Jihad Jeep" because the term Jihad to begin with should be distasteful to them.

As this suggests, jihad is "holy war." Or, more precisely: It means the legal, compulsory, communal effort to expand the territories ruled by Muslims at the expense of territories ruled by non-Muslims.

The purpose of jihad, in other words, is not directly to spread the Islamic faith but to extend sovereign Muslim power (faith, of course, often follows the flag). Jihad is thus unabashedly offensive in nature, with the eventual goal of achieving Muslim dominion over the entire globe.
From http://www.danielpipes.org/article/990

If you hold the word Jihad as special to you, then you buy into the philosophy that muslims have a right to conquer territories that they do not occupy?

I think Jihad Jeep is actually a clever term under that definition. You're using the jeep to take over land you didn't own before (usually because there was a tank or whatnot guarding it)

Last edited by Sud (2005-11-23 10:11:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard