M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6750|Peoria, Illinois
BUCHAREST, Romania — Romania said Iranian troops opened fire from a warship and seized a Romanian oil rig Tuesday off the coast of Iran, holding its workers in an incident stemming from a commercial dispute.

Sergiu Medar, a national security adviser to Romanian President Traian Basescu, said the seizure resulted from a commercial dispute Iran is treating "in an extreme way." He gave no details.

Romania's Foreign Ministry called on Iranian authorities to immediately free Romanian crew members being held by the troops who took over the rig. The rig operator said seven Indian crew members had been released but 20 Romanians were still detained.

"We are dealing with a commercial dispute that is being treated in an extreme way by the Iranian authorities," Medar told Realitatea TV. He added that Iranian authorities had not confirmed the incident. Iranian officials and state media offered no immediate statements.

Excerpted from: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/ … 33423.html
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
sounds like the price of a barrel just went up
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6579
I guess they are feeling a new zeal after their victory over Israel.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
so they DID do something on  August 22nd...
jonsimon
+224|6514
I wonder why they took it.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
to bate the west into retaliation so they could say that they are the victims of imperialism.

not at all different from kidnapping IDF soldiers, expecting repurcussions

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-08-22 10:20:04)

M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

to bate the west into retaliation so they could say that they are the victims of imperialism.

Either that or to fuel their new rising military:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/08/ … _Games.php

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-08-22 10:24:03)

comet241
+164|6784|Normal, IL

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

DING DING DING!!!!!!

get the west to attack first, then they are just defending themselves when they fire rockets at america.

We're smarter than that. We'll never take the bait.

Iran WANTS war with the west, everything they have been doing for the last year or so has been towards that goal. Why give weapons to hizbollah? Why declare that Israel needs to be wiped off the map? why seize random oil rigs? It's all part of a plan.....
jonsimon
+224|6514
Those answers are silly. Romania isn't even a western nation. I also doubt they expect to be able to run the rig themselves, it would be a difficult stunt to pull off without the kind of propaganda machine Israel possesses.
comet241
+164|6784|Normal, IL

jonsimon wrote:

Those answers are silly. Romania isn't even a western nation. I also doubt they expect to be able to run the rig themselves, it would be a difficult stunt to pull off without the kind of propaganda machine Israel possesses.
wow, your post made now sense at all......
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6665

comet241 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

wow, your post made now sense at all......
I know. I've been noticing that with most of jonsimon's posts. He's just trolling. Ignore it.
Erkut.hv
+124|6754|California
I heard the Romanian army is mobilizing it's 1st Airborne Gymnast Batallion to parchute/backflip/somoersault/triple axle into iran.

Ed: I just realized Iran fekked with Dracula's people. Bad move. Vampire Gymnasts flying in at night. The ultimate Spec Ops group.

Last edited by Erkut.hv (2006-08-22 10:57:38)

11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6478|behind my rifle
but romania is also an allie with the united states
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

jonsimon wrote:

Have some education:

http://www.nato.int/structur/countries.htm
dalexa
+4|6624|portugal

Erkut.hv wrote:

Ed: I just realized Iran fekked with Dracula's people. Bad move. Vampire Gymnasts flying in at night. The ultimate Spec Ops group.
naaa... never gonna happen... there are no young/minor vampires... or adult gymnasts on romania for that matter...   sorry mate...
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6478|behind my rifle
hahaha vampires hahaah that would be awesome to wipe out iran's army with vampires
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6715|NJ

comet241 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

DING DING DING!!!!!!

get the west to attack first, then they are just defending themselves when they fire rockets at america.

Iran WANTS war with the west, everything they have been doing for the last year or so has been towards that goal. Why give weapons to hizbollah? Why declare that Israel needs to be wiped off the map? why seize random oil rigs? It's all part of a plan.....
I don't think they have any rockets that can reach america. But if we invade Iran, Korea might fire there rockets.
starman7
+15|6744
Now... I'm not entirely sure about it, but isn't it quite possible that Iran has just embroiled all of NATO in a war?

Edit: On an unrelated note, how the hell are Katyusha rockets defensive weapons?  Those are weapons which can maybe hit a city.  This is one bit of the hypocrisy involving Hezbollah; they accuse Israel of being monsters when what Israel does is entirely within international law, while Hezbollah has repeatedly broken it (For instance, channeling civillians into military targets for the intent of making those military positions unattackable is a clear violation).

Last edited by starman7 (2006-08-22 11:35:20)

jonsimon
+224|6514

starman7 wrote:

Now... I'm not entirely sure about it, but isn't it quite possible that Iran has just embroiled all of NATO in a war?

Edit: On an unrelated note, how the hell are Katyusha rockets defensive weapons?  Those are weapons which can maybe hit a city.  This is one bit of the hypocrisy involving Hezbollah; they accuse Israel of being monsters when what Israel does is entirely within international law, while Hezbollah has repeatedly broken it (For instance, channeling civillians into military targets for the intent of making those military positions unattackable is a clear violation).
Israel disregards international law and the UN constantly, they are at best equals with hezbollah.
comet241
+164|6784|Normal, IL

cpt.fass1 wrote:

comet241 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

DING DING DING!!!!!!

I don't think they have any rockets that can reach america. But if we invade Iran, Korea might fire there rockets.
correct, that we know of. but Iran is all buddy buddy with plenty of other countries out there where the rockets, if stationed there, could reach america (see: venezuela)

and korea's rockets that were supposed to be able to reach america didn't even pass the testing phase yet, so i wouldn't be too worried.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
any attack on america from iran would occur in afghanistan and would occur in Iraq
CameronPoe
+2,925|6574
Oh those cheeky little monkeys!!!
comet241
+164|6784|Normal, IL

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

any attack on america from iran would occur in afghanistan and would occur in Iraq
they have no need to reach american soil when a couple hundred thousand american troops are within striking range throughout the middle east and south asia

Last edited by comet241 (2006-08-22 12:13:44)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6715|NJ
Oh and what news source is that?
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6663|United States - Illinois

comet241 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

they have no need to reach american soil when a couple hundred thousand american troops are within striking range throughout the middle east and south asia
WHats sick will be that people will blame Bush for that too.  Since he had the troops over there.  But the FACT of the matter is Iran is and was a threat all along and everyone but Bush and his administration not was blind to it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard