Poll

Is Bush an Idiot?

Yes69%69% - 377
No30%30% - 166
Total: 543
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577
By the way, last time I checked: Bush was an idiot. I'll report on the matter again later.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6522|Los Angeles

M1-Lightning wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I still miss this whole it's clintons fault for 9/11 but not the person who was in office for a full year?? Please explain to me how that happens, it's the administration who is in office who is responisable for our safety isn't it?
That's like blaming Nixon soley for Vietnam.
I agree. We can't automatically blame nor credit Presidents for major events happening on their watch.

The Bush administration seems not to have been the motivation for the terrorists to do what they did on 9/11. Rather, the terrorists seem to have been motivated by America's support for Israel, which predates Bush by many presidencies. Before admitting that he had anything to do with 9/11, bin Laden said "Terrorism against America deserves to be praised because it was a response to injustice, aimed at forcing America to stop its support for Israel, which kills our people." After publicly admitting al Qaeda's involvement and his own direct link to the attacks, he said the attacks were carried out because "We are a free people who do not accept injustice, and we want to regain the freedom of our nation."

In my opinion, blaming Bush for provoking 9/11 is akin to blaming the principle of Columbine High School for what happened there in 1999. I feel that in both cases, bad people wanted to kill people, and they would have succeeded regardless of any available preventative measures undertaken by those in charge.

That said, I believe it valid argument that the Bush administration could have been better prepared for such an attack. Bush has been criticized for effectively ignoring signs of an impending al Qaeda attack. I would invite everyone to read the declassified portion of a briefing received by President Bush five weeks before 9/11 to decide for themselves. Again, to clarify my purpose for posting the link: I don't mean to imply, as some might, that the administration should be held fully responsible for failing to prevent 9/11 because Bush received this briefing. However, it is worrisome to hear that just prior to the declassification of the briefing, Condi Rice had been telling the press that the briefing was "primarily historical and includes no warning or threat information". To me that is a red flag.

I believe it is of course also valid to criticize the administration for its response and policies following the attacks.
jonsimon
+224|6517
The whole idea that the actions of one presidency determine the results of the next is applicaple only to ECONOMIC issues. Because change is slow on the economic front, we see results over more than a 4 year period. However, issues of DEFENSE are 100% completely under the control of the government and the current regime, any president can be held in complete responsibility for any matter of defense during his presidency.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6753|Peoria, Illinois

jonsimon wrote:

The whole idea that the actions of one presidency determine the results of the next is applicaple only to ECONOMIC issues. Because change is slow on the economic front, we see results over more than a 4 year period. However, issues of DEFENSE are 100% completely under the control of the government and the current regime, any president can be held in complete responsibility for any matter of defense during his presidency.
Where do you get this crap? I've yet to read one of your posts today that make any sense or have any point to them. Who said Bush wasn't responsible for our national defense at the time of 9/11?
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6487|Inside my APC
i don't know, it does seem like the press always catch him acting, looking or talking like an idiot.

If it Talks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck, Acts like a Duck... what is it?

edit.
nothing against Ducks, i quite like them.

Last edited by the_hitman_kills (2006-08-22 12:59:02)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6564|Texas - Bigger than France
seriously jonsimon...go read a book....this has got to be the fifth or sixth time today where your general knowledge has been questioned...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6779|Argentina

M1-Lightning wrote:

Wow 42 idiots so far have voted yes. I'd like to see these 42 idiots try to be president of the most powerful and advanced nation on Earth.
Those idiots are not the president of the most powerful nation, but Bush is.  So, he can't be such an idiot being at his position.  We all can be idiots playin fuckin BF2 and working in jobs that don't have influence in lots of people lifes.  He might not be such an asshole.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6779|Argentina

M1-Lightning wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Where do you get this crap? I've yet to read one of your posts today that make any sense or have any point to them. Who said Bush wasn't responsible for our national defense at the time of 9/11?
I think what jonsimon is sayin' is that all the fuck ups that Bush is doing in economy, he will not pay for.  He will leave the charge to another president who will have to deal with the mess and shit he left behind.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

sergeriver wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

I think what jonsimon is sayin' is that all the fuck ups that Bush is doing in economy, he will not pay for.  He will leave the charge to another president who will have to deal with the mess and shit he left behind.
If that's the case, then it has absolutley nothing to do with the previous conversation.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-08-22 13:21:45)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6761|Omaha, Nebraska
Bush needs serious help... Not sure if they have powerful enough med's out yet.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6779|Argentina

splixx wrote:

Bush needs serious help... Not sure if they have powerful enough med's out yet.
They have, it's call "leave the bottle dude".
WarpaQ
Banned
+6|6480|OKLAHOMA (CLAREMORE) IN THE US
i support our president if u dont like him u should justget up and get out and go back to ur africa u joodikenoloberns....... roflin
supah
Banned
+29|6480|CHICIAGO MY MOM IS NAME BARBRA
i think we should just support our president while he is in power its alla bout the team effort ok email back asap
Dersmikner
+147|6520|Texas
The guy graduated from Yale with honors, and kicked ass at Harvard MBA school.

Think that was coasting because of who he was? (1) Most people at Yale and Harvard are somebody, and (2) he also kicked ass on the GRE test, with which daddy can't help you.

All of you who have graduated from Yale and Harvard, and dominated the GRE, please continue questioning his intelligence. The rest of you shut the hell up.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2006-08-22 13:46:23)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6718|NJ
Sorce?
Dersmikner
+147|6520|Texas
Source for what, his academic accomplishments?

Well, I lived on the same block he did in Dallas in 93 and 94 and that's how I know, but I believe you can find all that info on White House.org or whatever that site is.

Also, if you can't find the GRE you can find the range of scores accepted at Harvard B school that year, and just plug him in at the very bottom and find it's still quite impressive.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2006-08-22 13:55:48)

johnnybgood554
+13|6561|Ohio
Yeah, another thread on how bush sucks and the U.S. sucks. Honestly this happens 2 or 3 times a day here. How about changing this section of the forums from 'debate and serious talk' to 'U.S. haters'. I'm also surprised and dissapointed that the person who started this thread is american, hell why even start this one, it's already been covered, Bush sucks, we suck, and the rest of the world would be better off without us.
DirectFire
+6|6582

comet241 wrote:

i think he's a crap public speaker, but he is far from being an idiot. I voted for him, twice, and I can't speak in public, so why should I hold it against that guy????
Are you kidding me did you ask why you should hold it against him? uhh give me a second to think about my response…  BECAUSE HE IS THE PRESIDENT. Dude, that is not a job that is given to some thug at McDonalds. He is a world leader. The leader of the free world and he sucks at public speaking…. you have to be kidding me. Did you see the news conference in its entirety yesterday? He sucked! he avoid questions and was repetitive with his answers. Excuse the vulgarity but FUCK Iraq and fuck that idiot! Thank God I got out of the Army when I did. 

Dersmikner wrote:

The guy graduated from Yale with honors
This is true and so did his dad. Doesnt mean he earned his degree either he is an idiot its ok

No further...

Last edited by DirectFire (2006-08-22 13:58:29)

Dersmikner
+147|6520|Texas
"He received a bachelor’s degree in history from Yale University in 1968, and then served as an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. President Bush received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

DirectFire wrote:

comet241 wrote:

i think he's a crap public speaker, but he is far from being an idiot. I voted for him, twice, and I can't speak in public, so why should I hold it against that guy????
Are you kidding me did you ask why you should hold it against him? uhh give me a second to think about my response…  BECAUSE HE IS THE PRESIDENT. Dude, that is not a job that is given to some thug at McDonalds. He is a world leader. The leader of the free world and he sucks at public speaking…. you have to be kidding me. Did you see the news conference in its entirety yesterday? He sucked! he avoid questions and was repetitive with his answers. Excuse the vulgarity but FUCK Iraq and fuck that idiot! Thank God I got out of the Army when I did. 

Dersmikner wrote:

This is true and so did his dad. Doesnt mean he earned his degree either he is an idiot its ok

No further...
Yeah it's so much better when questions are prescreened and answers are pre-written like before.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6779|Argentina

Dersmikner wrote:

The guy graduated from Yale with honors, and kicked ass at Harvard MBA school.

Think that was coasting because of who he was? (1) Most people at Yale and Harvard are somebody, and (2) he also kicked ass on the GRE test, with which daddy can't help you.

All of you who have graduated from Yale and Harvard, and dominated the GRE, please continue questioning his intelligence. The rest of you shut the hell up.
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnf … 15_777.htm

I think you should get better sources.

Bush's application landed at Harvard while his dad, George H. W. Bush, was chairman of the Republican National Committee. One year later, Poppy would become the top U.S. diplomat to China.
Surely junior's application stood out.

"He was an unpretentious, good middle-of-the-road student," Porter remembers. That doesn't sound like kickin asses.
DirectFire
+6|6582

WarpaQ wrote:

i support our president if u dont like him u should justget up and get out and go back to ur africa u joodikenoloberns....... roflin
I guess you thought you were funny. So only black people dont like the president right? You know whats funny is i am black and a republican and i think he sucks. So does 63% of Americans and if im not mistaken. search CNN.com. So you are a really good example of why children should stay out of adult conversations.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6655|Sin City

snuten_i_sjoholmen wrote:

I think he is an idiot. I'm not from the US so I don't know that much about him but alot of things I've heard on the news and stuff makes me hate him.. He starts war against Iraq for almost no reason, and he doesn't even care about Israel attacking Gaza and Lebanon.. Bush and the administration sucks!
That's the problem though......like you said "things i've heard in the media". That's one of the biggest problems over here, is that the media is so liberal and only reports things the way they want to. Not just with politics, but with everything. It's total bullshit....they can make anybody look like a complete ass-hat, or change the views of millions of people just by giving their bullshit version of current events. Regardless how you feel about Bush, the media in America blows ass.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6522|Los Angeles

Dersmikner wrote:

I think you are making this up. Please provide one source. Here's a copy of his Yale transcript.

https://2004.georgewbush.org/images/bios/transcript.jpg

You can see it is littered with percentiles in the 70s and low 80s. If you average out the averages listed near the bottom, he gets a 77.3. That's a C. C+ at best.

On the far right bottom corner, you can read that in his departmental examination, he registered a "pass" as opposed to "high pass".

I highly doubt he graduated with honors.

Dersmikner wrote:

he also kicked ass on the GRE test, with which daddy can't help you.
What was his score? Links please.

Dersmikner wrote:

You can see from the transcript that he got 1206 on the SAT (then called the CEEB). I did much better than that, and my Yale application was declined. A Yale degree is not necessarily certification for intelligence.

His father went to Yale. As did his grandfather. They were both superstars there, academically speaking. According to the Yale Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, "Legacy applicants have a better chance of being admitted than non-legacy students.".

His grandfather was also a Yale trustee at the time of his admission.

I would venture to say that the family Yale legacy preceeding him had a significant bearing on his acceptance.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6718|NJ

johnnybgood554 wrote:

Yeah, another thread on how bush sucks and the U.S. sucks. Honestly this happens 2 or 3 times a day here. How about changing this section of the forums from 'debate and serious talk' to 'U.S. haters'. I'm also surprised and dissapointed that the person who started this thread is american, hell why even start this one, it's already been covered, Bush sucks, we suck, and the rest of the world would be better off without us.
I'm just not very happy with which ways our government and laws are heading in this country and very sick of the fear button being pushed and used to pressure us into a more fasict sort of government. It's not that I hate America, I love the Idea's that this country was founded on and they are a very simple and easy set of rules to follow. But our law makers say on a day to day basis that the original set of laws are outdated and need to be upgraded to fit today's standards. Then they use lawyer talk write laws to get around the original set. These issues are why there is a high distrust and distaste for the american public right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard