MaKaToM
+6|6537
Hey guys...i have searched the forum for the answer to this, searched the internet EVERYWHERE, phoned EAUK and spoken to a technical advisor and nothing has worked, so please don't flame me for this post.

It is 11:26PM and exactally 24 hours since i uninstalled BF2 and SF due to technical issues i was having with the game. I totally took the game and everything to do with it off my computer, including cleaning the reg.

When i put the Vanilla BF2 DVD into my DVD drive and tried to install it i got an MD5 Error 'Objects_Client.Zip' so i had to uninstall the game and try again...then i got:

FuSHe Pass.Zip Error
Gulf Of Oman.Zip Error
Lots more Objects_Client.Zip Errors
Intro Movie Errors

I have installed, uninstalled, cleaned the reg 24 times now and have tried everything known to man to get this game to work again.

I have changed my DVD drive to PIO transfer setting

Manually installed the game

Tried to install in 'safe mode', as instructed by EAUK Technicians

Tried using a pre-patched 'Objects_Client.Zip' but the install just errors on a different part.

I have managed to get the game to install twice so far and both times i got the 'Patching Failed' message when trying to install the 1.3 patch.

So, i have downloaded 2 full 1.3 patches and 1 set of incrementals...all of them error and state 'Patching Failed'.

Once again i went into safe mode, but this time with networking because EAUK told me that "Downloading the patch in safe mode will avoid any corruption"...once again, it failed.

I haven't even tried to install SF yet because after 12 straight hours sitting here, reading everything i could find about MD5 errors and patching failed reasons, drinking lots of stella artois, smoking lots of smokes and trying and trying 24 times in total, i am very very tired of this...

Please can one of you BF2 Gurus help me?

MaK
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6730|67.222.138.85
Try going to the folder and manually deleting the files?
MaKaToM
+6|6537
I have tried, i have manually deleted eeeverything to do with BF2, EA or DICE from my computer and still...same errors.

My Disk is spotless so i know it isn't a problem with that...the damn thing just wont install.

Thanks for the reply though

MaK
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6503|Kentucky
go under 'program files' then 'installshield installation(something like that)' u will see a bunch of folders with odd names example 8c4ys-u3be...    go into each folder and click setup when u find the one with BF2 and BF2SF delete that folder  then try reinstalling
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6553

lol i would help if i knew a dam thing about computers...
MaKaToM
+6|6537
I dont have an 'installshield installation' or anything like that in my program files...

Could you please give me something more indepth

Thankyou

MaK
SexyCabbage
+68|6503|Kentucky
try searching  "installshield installation"  and see if it comes up then
SexyCabbage
+68|6503|Kentucky
u have windows xp?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6503|Somewhere else

Cant really help you with the current situation. I would suggest one thing though, or rather, something I do that helps with my computer in general...

every few months, I take one afternoon and scour my computer for files (music, videos, pics, text) that I want to save and burn them to a disk or disks (depending on amount of files/size) after that. I wipe the hard drive clean, even windows. That same night, I re-install everything (don't sit in front of your computer when doing this, thed boredom leads to sure suicide). that way, fragmented files and outdated auto-run programs are killed off.

I bought Euro Forces online right when it came out and was never able to play it due the EA downloader wouldnt run (program conflict error with creative labs audio software). It took me months and a few "give up"s to get it right months later. So, what I am saying is, that existing programs and folders could disrupt the re-install.  Im sure there are other ways to get it to work, but this way WILL work.

Good luck man, i hope I helped. I doubt I did, but I tried.  From what you have posted, I can think of a zillion things that are causing it. Try typing in your errors such as "FuSHe Pass.Zip Error" or "
Gulf Of Oman.Zip Error" in google.com. you might find results that way.
MaKaToM
+6|6537
Yeah i have XP MCE05 and i have found an 'Installshield' folder in 'common files'

However, most of the folders inside that folder have numbers for names, like tou said...but the numbers are like '6' '4' '007' and inside EVERY folder is something to do with 'Intel 32'. These are all installdriver modules...

I dont know what this is because i am an AMD and NVidia guy....not Intel.

Anyone got any ideas?

MaK
SexyCabbage
+68|6503|Kentucky
did u check all of them
SexyCabbage
+68|6503|Kentucky

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Cant really help you with the current situation. I would suggest one thing though, or rather, something I do that helps with my computer in general...

every few months, I take one afternoon and scour my computer for files (music, videos, pics, text) that I want to save and burn them to a disk or disks (depending on amount of files/size) after that. I wipe the hard drive clean, even windows. That same night, I re-install everything (don't sit in front of your computer when doing this, thed boredom leads to sure suicide). that way, fragmented files and outdated auto-run programs are killed off.

I bought Euro Forces online right when it came out and was never able to play it due the EA downloader wouldnt run (program conflict error with creative labs audio software). It took me months and a few "give up"s to get it right months later. So, what I am saying is, that existing programs and folders could disrupt the re-install.  Im sure there are other ways to get it to work, but this way WILL work.

Good luck man, i hope I helped. I doubt I did, but I tried.  From what you have posted, I can think of a zillion things that are causing it. Try typing in your errors such as "FuSHe Pass.Zip Error" or "
Gulf Of Oman.Zip Error" in google.com. you might find results that way.
you can always do that  it just takes a while    and like he said DONT STAY IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER IF U DO THAT ECSPECIALLY WITH A BUTTER KNIFE IN FRONT OF U
MaKaToM
+6|6537
LMAO!!!!

I checked inside every folder yes....and they were all intel 32.

I am gonna format my entire pooter 2morrow and start from scratch.

I HATE LOVING THIS GAME!!!! I REALLY REALLY HATE IT!

roll on 1.4

MaK
SexyCabbage
+68|6503|Kentucky

MaKaToM wrote:

I HATE LOVING THIS GAME!!!! I REALLY REALLY HATE IT!

MaK
dont we all
SexyCabbage
+68|6503|Kentucky
Well sorry i couldnt help MaK  i was just trying what i used to fix an error somewhat like yours   U need to keep calling EA thats what i would do annoy the hell out of them:)    hope u fix it
IC_Draconis
+9|6741
There's an Installshield Installation Information folder in Program Files....the others forgot to mention though that normally it's a hidden folder...

To see it you have to enable it in the Folder settings menu under Tools.

Good luck!

Ps: I don't use english XP so the names should be slightly different.

Last edited by IC_Draconis (2006-08-22 03:53:08)

MaKaToM
+6|6537
You my friend are a genius....looked for a hidden file and it is there!!!!

With folders inside called things like {EE8592F6-FC2B-4AFD-B527-109D127C039F}

lots and lots of them....

Now all i need to do is remember what to do with them

MaK
IC_Draconis
+9|6741
Cheers mate

Last edited by IC_Draconis (2006-08-22 04:28:58)

MaKaToM
+6|6537
ok i have searched through every folder in there and there is nothing at all to do with BF2 of SF.

I have got BF2 and SF uninstalled at the moment because i cant install vanilla BF2 due to errors all the time.

I clicked 'setup' in every folder, which lead to me accidentally uninstalling a program but what the hey!

Anyone got any ideas on what i should do?

MaK
IC_Draconis
+9|6741
Yes...

Go here: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

Install that program and run it. Saves a lot of headaches, it's free and in my opinion the best.
If it still can't help you...then comes the annual XP reinstall.

Last edited by IC_Draconis (2006-08-22 04:41:45)

MaKaToM
+6|6537
Thankyou all, i have managed to install vanilla BF2 now and am downloading another full 1.3 from BF2S

+1 for you all...THANKYOU!

MaK
IC_Draconis
+9|6741
So Crap Cleaner worked for you I guess...

You're welcome!
MaKaToM
+6|6537
possibly, i have had vanilla installed twice already, but both times i got a patch error and has to start from scratch again.

69% downloaded, cross your fingers for me.

MaK
IC_Draconis
+9|6741

MaKaToM wrote:

69% downloaded, cross your fingers for me.

MaK
Will do. Leave a message about the result please.
']['error
Banned
+630|6667|The Netherlands
try hugging your computer and give it positive toughts! always works with me

Last edited by ']['error (2006-08-22 09:48:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard