Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6770
Seems like half of the threads these days want to nerf jets/tanks/choppers. So, I thought I'd tell everyone how to avoid the things they don't like. Play different maps! There are plenty of maps without them, and here they are:

P.S: All are 64 player maps, many 16 player ones dont have tanks/aircraft.

I hate Jets!

BF2:

Mashtuur City
Strike At Karkand
Sharqi Peninusla
Songhua Stalemate

SF:

Devil's Perch
Iron Gator
Warlord
Ghost Town
Mass Destruction
Leviathan
Night Flight
Surge

EF:

Great Wall

AF:

Operation Harvest

I hate Attack Choppers

BF2:

Mashtuur City
Strike At Karkand
Songhua Stalemate

SF:

Warlord
Night Flight
Devil's Perch
Leviathan (has one but is a night map, so rarely used)

EF:

Great Wall
Taraba Quarry

I hate Tanks

SF:

Devil's Perch
Iron Gator
Night Flight

I hate APCs

Every map has at least one APC except Wake and Mashtuur, which have tanks. Devil's Perch and Night Flight only have one each, which can be removed if you capture the right base.

Last edited by Talon (2006-08-21 01:46:49)

commissargizz
+123|6474| Heaven
Yeah, but i hate tanks and planes and choppers all on the same map hehehehehehe....Can't wait for infantry only...before you start flaming me...it is an option and will make game in my opinion fresh...well for a while anyway...
Raptor1
+19|6498
infantry only will suck if you are stuck out in the open being forces to walk everywhere
Trel
+70|6687
I hate tanks, jets, apcs, choppers, transports, jetskis, forklifts, snipers, medics, knives, and ammo bags.

But I still should be allowed to play BF2 the way I want to, so I'm gonna bitch until there is a map/rule that suits my demands.
Good to be back.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6768|Vienna, Austria

Raptor1 wrote:

infantry only will suck if you are stuck out in the open being forces to walk everywhere
Then don't play it stupid X-D

Btw more like:

"I hate planes" -> go whine to DICE, they will nerf the planes

"I hate attack choppers" -> go whine to DICE, they will nerf the attack choppers

"I hate APCs" -> go whine to DICE, they will nerf the APCs

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-08-20 15:12:20)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6770
The most infantry-only map around at the moment is Devil's Perch or possibly Night Flight.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6508
64 player Leviathan has an attack helicopter. It only spawns at one flag, but it's there. I think it's the Armoury flag, but I could be wrong, and I don't have time to check right now.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
The Apache on Leviathan is rarely used?

That thing is a fucking beast.  It's impossible to see and there's a ton of shit to hide behind to avoid AA.  PLUS, you needn't worry about getting TVed from another chopper.  What servers do you play on where people don't use the Apache?  It'd be nice to join them and have it always be there waiting for me.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Raptor1 wrote:

Two things :

1) Do not get stuck out in the open you stooge.   Use cover.  Move from one object to the next.

2) Nothing wrong with walking.  I bet the majority of a players time is spent on the ground now anyway.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6511|Valley of the Dragons

Talon wrote:

I hate APCs

Every map has at least one APC. Devil's Perch and Night Flight only have one each, which can be removed if you capture the right base.
Mashtuur City doesnt have an APC in it
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live

Trel wrote:

I hate tanks, jets, apcs, choppers, transports, jetskis, forklifts, snipers, medics, knives, and ammo bags.

But I still should be allowed to play BF2 the way I want to, so I'm gonna bitch until there is a map/rule that suits my demands.
Lol! I hate all that stuff too, plus 3-D graphics. I miss Pong.
1simplemistake18
+0|6852
How could you possibly hate jets?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

1simplemistake18 wrote:

Because they lacking any sort of realistic flight characteristics, yet people think they are 1337 pilots.
l41e
+677|6658

I'd like to add another one.

"I hate infantry, they are n00bz who cant be as 1337 as me" Play a flight simulator.
comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The Apache on Leviathan is rarely used?

That thing is a fucking beast.  It's impossible to see and there's a ton of shit to hide behind to avoid AA.  PLUS, you needn't worry about getting TVed from another chopper.  What servers do you play on where people don't use the Apache?  It'd be nice to join them and have it always be there waiting for me.
holy crap, its nice to see someone that actually agrees with me on this one little issue. that chopper in that map is perhaps the greatest invention ever. its the only thing i go for because he who controls the chopper on that map (and does it well...) will win. there are no flags that can hide from that thing.... people think they are safe in the sub pen but I looove to cruise on in there and cap a flag with my gunner blasting everyone who appears, i just wish i could see the dumbfounded look on their faces as they die..... the best is when im doing that and i hear arty on the roof.... i just smile. +1 sir
RD_The_Dog
+87|6547
I hate APCs

Every map has at least one APC. Devil's Perch and Night Flight only have one each, which can be removed if you capture the right base.
Mashtuur city does not have 1 APC
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Apache, rarely used on Levathian? do you even play that map?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6541
lol I love Leviathan if i get the Apache il whore it all round long and il make the enemy cry. Their not even safe in the submarine pens coz i just fly in there.
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6601|Australia
If you put it down to 32 player you get a lot more vehicle-free options. 16 player even more.
TriggerLID
Power Nubs Unite
+6|6542
No APC in Wake
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6708

usmarine2005 wrote:

1simplemistake18 wrote:

Because they lacking any sort of realistic flight characteristics, yet people think they are 1337 pilots.
This is Battlefield 2, not Battlesimulater.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

PspRpg-7 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

1simplemistake18 wrote:

No shit.  IMO you should have to land to re-arm and get repairs.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center

usmarine2005 wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

No shit.  IMO you should have to land to re-arm and get repairs.
The best was when Skruples and I were in a helicopter and AfroJap was in a J-10...he flew really slowly and Skrupledy-dooples and I were going at speed...yeah, we rearmed him in midair.
Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

RD_The_Dog wrote:

I hate APCs

Mashtuur city does not have 1 APC
16 player version has one on each side.

I say... stop playing Karkand the most and escape from those infantry only shells. Oh yea, play more Euro Forces.
Hooten-Delta
+2|6510
Ghost Town
  - No Jets
  - Choppers have a lifespan of a gnat
  - Armor only useful at one flag and easily killed by mines and AT

The best infantry map around

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard