kiries
+4|6711|monastery of funk
really than what combat is good OMG they better not turn the BF series into BFV (battlefield vehicles)
because i will personally get really angry and go to CS it wont do much good but it will make EA feel bad they just lost a whole 90$
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6583
Probably the accuracydelay of nearly 4 seconds if you go prone or the inaccuracy if you shoot while moving.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6713

Viper007Bond wrote:

Heh, it's already somewhat boring. You can only play one map / mode so much in one week.
Karkand. Nuff said.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6713

SargeV1.4 wrote:

the infantry combat absolutely sucks. It really, really sucks. Badly.
We can still prone spam and dolphin dive....Right?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6668
in a nutshell: It is incredibly slow, boring, and needs little skill. It encourages camping. The guns are useless, I'd rather have an AK-101 than the guns of 2142. Players of a higher rank automatically have an advantage over lower ranked players, as they can have grenades, extra sprint, camouflage, longer spotting time, and a dozen other things.

PspRpg-7 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

the infantry combat absolutely sucks. It really, really sucks. Badly.
We can still prone spam and dolphin dive....Right?
no, you camp, or you stand still (proning makes your accuracy lower than an m249 while jumping for about 4 seconds) and shoot at each while sidestepping inbetween the bursts of weak gunfire.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-08-22 07:07:21)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Buzerk1
+44|6851
SargeV1.4, when you say "Little skill"... do you mean you can't prone spam anymore... because I don't consider bunny hoping/prone spam as skills, but more tricks/exploit of the game. (don't flame, it's just what I believe)

As for unlocks, I'm  already guessing these happen quickly in low ranks so you get some of the items you mention early on. It's up to you pick your unlock based on your game play style....

Back to Titan... any/many choke points?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6721|Antarctica
I like the inf combat in 2142, the weapons are just right and it takes some skill to take down targets.  About the titan, yes there are plenty of choke points....a little too many imo.
Buzerk1
+44|6851

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I like the inf combat in 2142, the weapons are just right and it takes some skill to take down targets.  About the titan, yes there are plenty of choke points....a little too many imo.
Any kind of "claymore" abuse like it can be done in the Warlord Palace? Where only one guy old a position with a form of claymore spamming?

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-08-22 10:08:29)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6668
When I say 'little skill' I mean that it takes so long for the guns to get accurate that having a quick aim seems to have been made redundant.

The main problem that I've seen with the titans is that even after your titan gets boarded your team still carries on fighting on the ground leaving your titan undefended to the mass of enemy infantry that only needs a minute or two to destroy your titan from the inside out.
Buzerk1
+44|6851

SargeV1.4 wrote:

The main problem that I've seen with the titans is that even after your titan gets boarded your team still carries on fighting on the ground leaving your titan undefended to the mass of enemy infantry that only needs a minute or two to destroy your titan from the inside out.
Same thing happen with Karkand when people take the back flag, everybody stays at the hotel, it's not the game faults But I understands what you mean, seems the rewards is not big enough to defend the Titan.

They should give more point for kills in the Titan, it would force people to defend it.  The same you get extra point for blowing up the Titan and surving, you should get rewarded for defending it.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6762|The United Center

Buzerk1 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Same thing happen with Karkand when people take the back flag, everybody stays at the hotel, it's not the game faults But I understands what you mean, seems the rewards is not big enough to defend the Titan.

They should give more point for kills in the Titan, it would force people to defend it.  The same you get extra point for blowing up the Titan and surving, you should get rewarded for defending it.
They do.  You get Titan attack and defense bonuses.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6546
Once the Titan is under attack is there any chance of completely repelling the attack or capping points so the titan is once again shielded and unattackable im not sure what the hell the silos are for.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

ShadowFoX wrote:

Once the Titan is under attack is there any chance of completely repelling the attack or capping points so the titan is once again shielded and unattackable im not sure what the hell the silos are for.
Nope, should be. The only thing you can do is find a safe place to land so you don't crash (Screen goes white) or try to squeeze a couple more kills in.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6546
So whats the point of defending it if they already got on and there is no way to get them off. You lost the game if you got them on your titan dont even bother defending and just end it quick and wait for the next round.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6735|California

titans are fun as shit to defend. All you need is a little teamwork, and perhaps some active defense
Buzerk1
+44|6851

ThomasMorgan wrote:

They do.  You get Titan attack and defense bonuses.
Thanks for the info, then it seems to make sense to me.... So its up to the team to make sure enough people stay on the Titan to defend...

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-08-22 11:52:36)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6668
oh and you can't use C4 on any of titan's destroyable computer thingies. I put 5 packs on one of those consoles and it did no damage. So I got pissed off and used my l337 camo to knife people. (btw the camo is absolutely GREAT, people don't spot you unless if they saw you go camouflaged and you can sneak up on tanks to C4 them easily)
starman7
+15|6740
Simply put, what I think is up with the BF 2142 whiners is that nobody is playing as a team effectively.  Same thing in BF 2, you'll probably need a good clan to fight well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard