Deffen
+0|6786
This is infuriating! Do claymores disappear when a sniper dies? No!  Do AT mines disappear when an engineer dies? No! Does C4 disappear when a spec ops dies, sometimes.....    WTF!!!!

So why, when I fire an anti-tank rocket, does the rocket disappear if I get killed while the rocket is in flight??????  Ridiculous!!!

I've played patiently waiting for any patch to fix this every time a patch is released because this is such an obvious flaw in the game....    TO NO AVAIL......     GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

This has been ignored, overlooked, or bypassed for whatever reason to long.  PLEASE FIX IT!!  Or at least give me your answer EA as to why this hasn't been addressed so that I can complain about your justification.

Regards,
AT Dude
137twozerosniper
+57|6580|UK
the should be in bitch section not improvements
Deffen
+0|6786
BF2 - Improvements
Things you like to see happen or change in BF2
c0ldfyr3
+23|6682|Ireland
The rocket doesnt dissapear, you fall on the ground and as you do so your aim moves upwards as does the rocket.
I have killed a couple of people just after dieing while my AT rocket was in the air, but only if it was aimed well below them to start with.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51
No they do not disappear, but the guidance is gone so the rocket will go down and most likely hit the ground, IF the rocket was far away enough from the vehicle you are trying to hit, when it is close enough and has enough altitude than it most likely to still hit the vehicle.. So, next time, aim high, or don't get shot?

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-08-20 04:40:29)

Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6716|Australia
No it does go through. I've been standing 2m away and fired and then been killed by the tank but it just goes straigh through. But its random sometimes it does hit sometimes it doesn't. You can actually see it go staright through as your dieing.
Deffen
+0|6786
How many times have you ever been at point blank range on an infranty aimed at the torso, fire the rocket (hear the rocket fire)  then die and not get the kill?
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6691|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth

Deffen wrote:

This is infuriating! Do claymores disappear when a sniper dies? No!  Do AT mines disappear when an engineer dies? No! Does C4 disappear when a spec ops dies, sometimes.....    WTF!!!!

So why, when I fire an anti-tank rocket, does the rocket disappear if I get killed while the rocket is in flight??????  Ridiculous!!!

I've played patiently waiting for any patch to fix this every time a patch is released because this is such an obvious flaw in the game....    TO NO AVAIL......     GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

This has been ignored, overlooked, or bypassed for whatever reason to long.  PLEASE FIX IT!!  Or at least give me your answer EA as to why this hasn't been addressed so that I can complain about your justification.

Regards,
AT Dude
actually i believe they DO disappear... ive seen mines and c4 vanish once i kill the little rat bastard who placed them, same with claymore, its just not instaneous it takes a few secs or min at most to refresh. next time u catch and engineer/sniper/sepc ops dude in the act. kill him (duh!) and watch what he/she put down and it will "eventually" disappear. that is all
Deffen
+0|6786
I've personally placed AT mines and claymores and got a kill after respawning.
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6643|Muenster, Germany

c0ldfyr3 wrote:

The rocket doesnt dissapear, you fall on the ground and as you do so your aim moves upwards as does the rocket.
i like those rockets flying though the summer skies over my tank. *hehe*
name1ess
+8|6765|Newcastle, Aus.
iv played anti tank 4 150 hrs now, i am quite sure that the rockets do disapear some times. like when at close rande and couldnt miss, but it dosnt hit cause you died the second after you shot.

its the same as grenades. countless times i have thrown a grenade at a persons feet, died strait after and it dosnt blow up. you hear no explosion and get no kills.

same as snipers. often you have a headshot lined up in a sniper battle, you fire but are killed more or less at the same time. this time you do hear the shot but they dont die. however, 2 snipers can kill each other at the same time, its just a little glichy imo. maby a little lag dosnt help either, but im sure that the AT rockets and grenades do disapear sometimes.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6670
AT mines, claymores, and c4 all disappear.  If you kill the person that set the mines/c4, the equipment will dissappear after a certain amount of time...I think it's about 30 seconds.  So they don't dissappear immediately, but they don't hang around for the entire round.

The rockets don't disappear either.  It depends on what direction you fall.  Once fired the rocket is guided whether you hold the fire button or not.  It has nothing to do with the person shooting the rocket...it's the rocket launcher itself.  So if you die the rocket launcher is still functioning and will send the rocket where ever your dead, falling body is pointing it.  If you're shooting at a tank that kills you, you fall back and the rocket goes high.  If someone kills you from behind while you're shooting, you fall forward and the rocket goes down.

If you're standing point blank and try to shoot someone in the chest you will miss if you are aiming right at them.  Much like APC rockets...since the rockets are firing from one side and the barrel of the weapon is not actually lined up with the sight (like on a rifle) there is some distance required for the targeting rehticle and the trajectory of the rocket to line up with each other.

Another factor that can play into all of this is lag.  I'm *sure* you never ever lag...but even one frap off can make the difference.  I would say if you've played the kit so much and you're so dissatisfied with it...find a different kit to play.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6538|Notts
They do dissappear, more often than not they DO dissappear. I can 100% vouch for this.

Occaisionally the rocket will continue on it's path and hit the tank or whatever you are shooting at but the norm is for the missile to dissappear after you've been criticalled.

interestingly the SF insugent RPG does always carry on after firing and while some would point to this as evidence that your missile is being guided upwards after you die I can assure you that this is not the case.

I presume it has somthing to do with the missile being a part of your character in the game environment, when you die your missile will more than likely be considered by the game to be a part of your model and thus will be erased as you enter the 'death model'. Occaisionally your missile will continue (maybe if it's gone so far or if youve left the RPG veiw or somthing along those lines)

The whole MODEL idea is just something i came up with to explain why the missile may be erased but I can say for certain that the Missile does (90% of the time) dissapear as you die.

This needs fixing.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6716|Australia
C4, Claymore, AT mines do not disappear unless you place new ones. E.g you only have 2 claymores and have placed both of them. You die then place 2 more, the first 2 will disappear.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

Ive fired an AT missile, been killed and then got the kill before now. They dont disappear at all - but it depends on how close the missile is to the target when you die, because like others have said, the aimer will move which will move the rocket in flight.
Thats in my experience anyway
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6714|NCFSU2
Personnel= people/ crew.
Personal= belonging to a person.

Yay.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6670
I have been killed after shooting a shoulder fired rocket and gotten a view that showed the path of my missle go high and miss.  I have also killed many AT troops after they've fired and have never seen their missles disappear.  But they almost never hit me because the guidance is off target.

As for mines and C4...they do disappear regardless of putting down more or not.  Next time you play, put down mines or c4, than die and without throwing anymore down go look for your old ones.  They should remain for 30 seconds or maybe longer...but they will most definately disappear even if you don't put down new mines.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6478|cuntshitlake

name1ess wrote:

same as snipers. often you have a headshot lined up in a sniper battle, you fire but are killed more or less at the same time. this time you do hear the shot but they dont die. however, 2 snipers can kill each other at the same time, its just a little glichy imo. maby a little lag dosnt help either, but im sure that the AT rockets and grenades do disapear sometimes.
I think that's about the ping. if u have a ping like 180 the shot will be registered 0.18 seconds after your mouseclick. that means if the both snipers shoot in <0.18 s, both will die.

the lined headshot could be about the sniper sound being played before the shot happens. So u hear the voice but there will not be headshots.

Just Suggestions...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6478|meh-land
BF2 weapons also aren't hitscan weapons, like the saw, you can see the bullets going through the air so i'm sure that if you kill a guy with the SAW, but he was shooting at you, you can still be killed by bullets flying towards you
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6475|UK
I feel your pain man, when that T-90 has got smoke coming out needing one shot with the sraw .
Sambuccashake
+126|6625|Sweden
I once knifed a support guy who shot at me and we both died at the same time.

Either a very quick blade or a very slow bullet.  ;o)
turkeybacon
+50|6461|Dragon Valley

name1ess wrote:

iv played anti tank 4 150 hrs now, i am quite sure that the rockets do disapear some times. like when at close rande and couldnt miss, but it dosnt hit cause you died the second after you shot.

its the same as grenades. countless times i have thrown a grenade at a persons feet, died strait after and it dosnt blow up. you hear no explosion and get no kills.

I have noticed the AT rocket disappearing thing, but I know for a fact I've blown many people with nades after dying....or at least I hear them go off (the person moved, my aim was off). I swear nades go off everytime, at least for me. But with rockets, just today on jalabad at the fountain I put an AT rocket at a corner where a proning pkm'er was shooting me. Even without guidance it should have hit but I died first and I swear the rocket disappeared.
Baglicka
+8|6456|Manitoba,Canada

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

C4, Claymore, AT mines do not disappear unless you place new ones. E.g you only have 2 claymores and have placed both of them. You die then place 2 more, the first 2 will disappear.
Same thing goes for AT mines except you can lay 9 before the first ones start disappearing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard