Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

So since I didn't read the notice about 1.4 Beat on EA's site, I didn't know to make a back-up copy of the game before installing 1.4 Beta.

Is there anyway to switch back? Is there anyway to edit something in the BF2 files?
shaggy92
R's Ah Fah Losah's
+21|6459|BOSTON
you just have to install the 1.3 client files FULL not the incremental the incremntal requirews all of the prevoius patches to be reinstalled the full u do not have to install anything just that
SGT.Slayero
+98|6436|Life in a vacuum sucks
yea, just install the 1.3 patch
Ryan

So I can just delete every patch, and then just install 1.3 full? Or do I just leave it, and install 1.3 full without deleting the old patches?

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-08-19 15:49:24)

Ryan

I really need to know this. Shaggy? Please respond.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy won't you search.
dpglotus
+1|6442|Nashville, Tennessee
no dont delete just reinstall the 1.3 it should overlap the others
Ryan

Oh well, I deleted. No biggy because I downloaded the 1.3 full anyways, which is like 430MB or so. If i left the other patches on, then I'd have 100's of MB's worth of patches I already have.
Ryan

Well it didn't work. Guess I'm stuck with 1.4 beta forever (or at least it seems so)

I wish the real 1.4 would come out so I could actually play BF2.
shaggy92
R's Ah Fah Losah's
+21|6459|BOSTON
just download the full 1.3 here 1.3 Patch Full and just install the patch, if that doesnt work, yet it did for me when i didnt want 1.4 anymore, you will have to download 1.3 full reinstall bf2 install 1.3 full and be on your way, sorry for the delayed post.

ps- u didnt need the old patches anyway
so it was a good thing u delleted they were just taking up space on ur comp

Last edited by shaggy92 (2006-08-19 19:09:28)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6598|Warlord

ryan_14 wrote:

Well it didn't work. Guess I'm stuck with 1.4 beta forever (or at least it seems so)
Eh? Did reinstalling from scratch not occur to you?

Don't sit at the computer while you do it and it's really no sweat.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6633|Groningen, The Netherlands

ryan_14 wrote:

I wish the real 1.4 would come out so I could actually play BF2.
O come on my friend, think for a second

Uninstall battlefield 2, and them install it again ---> patch to 1.3 and voila "go play"

Unistall and re-install allways works
Ryan

Oh well I'm not ever reinstalling bf2, it cost me 120$ to fix my computer to install it the first time, so screw it.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

ryan_14 wrote:

Oh well I'm not ever reinstalling bf2, it cost me 120$ to fix my computer to install it the first time, so screw it.
?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6633|Sheerness, UK
Do you have a mate whose currently using patch 1.3, as you can get him to make a copy of his Battlefield 2 folder onto a disc, then all you have to do is copy it from disc overwriting your current Battlfield 2 folder, that works.
Koss
+6|6726|U.S.
If you cant reinstall a game w/o paying someone else $120 to fix it, you should give up on computers now.
Altophish
+8|6471
Yeah, Ryan, quit.  That's always been the best solution to most problems.  I mean if you can't figure it out in a few hours...your phucked.  So just delete BF2 off your computer, go outside and find something shiny to play with.  I hear they some low tech video games at the park.  They are called "Swing set" "See-Saw" and "Merry-G0-Round"
Good luck with those.  Don't let us know they work out for you.

PS  Sorry, it's just that I hate whining quitters.
shaggy92
R's Ah Fah Losah's
+21|6459|BOSTON

Altophish wrote:

Yeah, Ryan, quit.  That's always been the best solution to most problems.  I mean if you can't figure it out in a few hours...your phucked.  So just delete BF2 off your computer, go outside and find something shiny to play with.  I hear they some low tech video games at the park.  They are called "Swing set" "See-Saw" and "Merry-G0-Round"

lol
Koss
+6|6726|U.S.

Altophish wrote:

He has already quit once, when he said fuck it then went and paid someone else to fix his fuck up for him. I've always figured out my own computer problems by using google and learned so much about computers in the process.
And my statement still stands, if you cant reinstall a game w/o screwing it up so bad you cant fix it yourself, computers aren't for you.

PS Who was whining? Except for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard