Aardcore
+60|6711|USA, Arizona

kilroy0097 wrote:

What's quite sad about the amazing prospects of BF2142 is that it needs even more teamwork to be as effective as the game allows. Unfortunately, as the performance in BF2 has shown, a grand majority of people refuse to work as a team currently. Hence hoping they work more as a team in the next version doesn't seem all that likely. The same breed of people, in a different game, equals the same chaotic mess you have now on most public servers.

Human nature is human nature. Socieity doesn't award teamwork, it awards those that get noticed. Silly corporations are destroying aspect of team equality. Though I guess we can always wish for the best and expect the worst.
I will be one of those positive teamplayers you'll look for Kilroy! Fear not as I will side my gun and blood to your cause as long as the hopes of victory are promising!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

dogtags are the prize you get for knifing people. Say, you are proned, and i knife you, i get your dogtags.

those dogtags go into my stats, and you can check them later.
Aardcore
+60|6711|USA, Arizona
So dogtags are like, a concentrated source of indicating how many times you've killed me like the victims list here in BF2S? Or is it specifically for knifing?

Last edited by Aardcore (2006-08-23 23:52:29)

Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6567
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

As far as I am concerned, it caters to those who think knifing is the ultimate skill.

Funny little feature, I'll admit it, but totally useless from a gameplay point of view.
B.Schuss

Aardcore wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

What's quite sad about the amazing prospects of BF2142 is that it needs even more teamwork to be as effective as the game allows. Unfortunately, as the performance in BF2 has shown, a grand majority of people refuse to work as a team currently. Hence hoping they work more as a team in the next version doesn't seem all that likely. The same breed of people, in a different game, equals the same chaotic mess you have now on most public servers.

Human nature is human nature. Socieity doesn't award teamwork, it awards those that get noticed. Silly corporations are destroying aspect of team equality. Though I guess we can always wish for the best and expect the worst.
I will be one of those positive teamplayers you'll look for Kilroy! Fear not as I will side my gun and blood to your cause as long as the hopes of victory are promising!
I am touched...

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the teamplay aspect of 2142. And if I am lucky enough, I'll get to play with you guys. Haven't played with Kilroy for ages.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

B.Schuss wrote:

As far as I am concerned, it caters to those who think knifing is the ultimate skill.

Funny little feature, I'll admit it, but totally useless from a gameplay point of view.
useless yes, but fucking awesome nonetheless.

just today, i took down 25 people inside the titan core, i got expert knife, and over 1500 career points and 3 ranks

because of those 25 kills, i am now like 6th in the world
Aardcore
+60|6711|USA, Arizona

B.Schuss wrote:

I was just thinking the same way... but then again, if dogtags are what determine a person's 'skill' then sure... dogtags all the way. As for me, I'd only want dogtags to pretend I was The Predator. All I need is that crazy alien warcry he does and I'd be set! "WAAAAAAAGH!!!"
Aardcore
+60|6711|USA, Arizona

B.Schuss wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

I am touched...

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the teamplay aspect of 2142. And if I am lucky enough, I'll get to play with you guys. Haven't played with Kilroy for ages.
Sure thing! I hope to see you guys on the 2142 battlefield as well for some awesome teamwork gameplay if time and chance suffice.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6714

Aardcore wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I was just thinking the same way... but then again, if dogtags are what determine a person's 'skill' then sure... dogtags all the way. As for me, I'd only want dogtags to pretend I was The Predator. All I need is that crazy alien warcry he does and I'd be set! "WAAAAAAAGH!!!"
"WAAAAAAAGH!!!"? What are you, an ork? lol
(another 40k joke...)

I'd want the tags just for the fun value of knowing, hey, I knifed that guy that has a really high rank! (or something to that effect)
B.Schuss

stryyker wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

useless yes, but fucking awesome nonetheless.

just today, i took down 25 people inside the titan core, i got expert knife, and over 1500 career points and 3 ranks

because of those 25 kills, i am now like 6th in the world
well congrats then, dear sir.

It was by no means my intention to critizise your affiliation to the one-bladed monster.

Can't wait to get my beta key and scrim with you guys online.
B.Schuss

Aardcore wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Well, I don't know if I would measure a person's skill by the number of knife kills he has.

As far as the war dance is concerned, if you register for the BF2142 veteran's program, EA tells you they will grant you access to a special "taunt" that you can administer to players you just owned...

Can't wait to see what that taunt will be. Maybe a real War dance, or some cool hand gesture.
Or a logo that can be sprayed, like in CS.

Way cool would be an audio file that you can play ( and edit yourself, of course ).

booyaa !

EDIT: sorry, I need to correct myself. After reading the EA veteran's program site once again, it occured to me that the Vet's will be granted a special verbal taunt for use in BF2....ROFLCAKES

a dream has come true. Finally, we'll be able to humiliate fallen enemies like they deserve.../sarcasm

I wonder what that "verbal taunt" will be like.

Suggestions:

"Dude, you suck. Go play pong."
" Ouch. That's gotta hurt."
"Who's your daddy, huh ?!?!"
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6721|Toronto, ON, CAN
I think the taunt should be along the lines of "... your mother was a Hamster, and your father smelled of eldenberry bush!"

As to the Dance, it already exists (search "teabag" in the forum to see what I mean)
Although, it would be fun as hell to be able to Moon the enemy. That little extra pwn to the PKM that is 2 ft from you, and can't hit you on full auto.

Maybe I'm just twisted from all the 1.3 CTD lately.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6773|Hamburg, Germany
IMO the buddy list is the greatest improvement to team play!
Don't you think?
That way i can always find people who work in a team.

Why are you in that list? Got owned by yourself? But seriously why?

B.Schuss wrote:

Suggestion:enemy wheelbarrow spotted

Last edited by Aruba-Prime (2006-08-24 09:41:14)

Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6711|US
Thanks for the info dude. it'll come in handy when i choose my unlocks
BandoIruka
+1|6492
Im wondering on the effects of emp grenades on stuff. If it merely disables vehicles for a short amount of time, that would be boring. But if it affects things like sentry drones, active camo, spawn beacon, even the electronics that affect gun rate-of-fire, then woot! I'll know what class I want to be using.
Proxus
+4|6453
:cough: emp affects everything including soldier UI:cough:

i said nothing...

and in response to
Why are you in that list? Got owned by yourself? wink But seriously why?

you view your dogtags by going to the weapons leaderboard and filtering for dog tags, thus you will show up on the list

Last edited by Proxus (2006-08-26 16:11:24)

savage24x
+0|6477
can't wait to get it.  the unlocks are cool. but you need to unlock the defribulator?  that sux
Proxus
+4|6453
if you are playing a medic variant of assault you can get the paddies at your first rank up which is like 40 points, i dont see what people are complaining about.

It is kinda lame that alot of the unlocks are previously introduced equipment though. So when they say 40 unlocks they really only mean 5-6 cool ones and the rest are just required equipment or worthless (see: sniper unlocks)
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6654|The View From The Afternoon

Snyder wrote:

This game will be so cool.
first item i will unlock is AED-6 Defibrillator
or Lambert Carbine - RECON

this game is somust beter than bf2
20+ unlocks
thats so cool
in bf2 u only got 14 unlock, and there all wapons
and i think there will be a lot more items and wapons to unlock if there will make a Expantion Pack
there are 15 maps that is so cool

this will be the best online game ever, even beter than counter strike
I agree. But you can't unlock the Lambert Carbine rifle as your first unlock. You'll have to unlock the explosives and the camouflage before you can get another recon main weapon. That actually goes for all classes, that you have to get some equipment first, to get to the juicy weapons later. Don't worry though, It'll take you only an hour(+) to get the 2-3 first unlocks.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

^^^ All I can say, WOW.  Also, what are the helmets?  Groovy new hats to wear?

Lol at medal names :

Problem Solver Pin
Wheels of Hazard Pin and so on

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2006-09-02 19:17:58)

OMEGA-KITTEN
+2|6516

Aruba-Prime wrote:

IMO the buddy list is the greatest improvement to team play!

Why are you in that list? Got owned by yourself? But seriously why?

B.Schuss wrote:

Suggestion:enemy wheelbarrow spotted
are you serious?? that thre would be a leader board
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6773|EUR
If you have heard the new award music/sound you will fall in love
killahspunge
+0|6441
i think the taunt is something like "come and get us!"

also theres meant to be 40 unlocks, i'm gonna get the heavy assault rifle or the scar 11 grenade launcher upgrade, then hopefully i can get some points to unlock difibrilater then the points really begin lol

Last edited by killahspunge (2006-09-06 10:49:27)

weamo8
+50|6441|USA
If this has already been asked, I apologize, but I didnt find it in a search.

In 2142, is there any indication that they will have any unlocks similar to what is in SF.

Grappling hooks, Zips, Tear Gas, Flash etc.??

Those things are the reason I have converted to SF.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard