Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6804|Portland, OR, USA

But it's still hard as hell to see. If they aren't moving, you can stare right at them and hardly see them. It's sweet (read: annoying).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

well, I guess people need to pay more attention then, and stop running around with their exes closed....

I wonder though if the guys paticipating in the tuning beta will rank up quickly enough to even playtest the higher unlocks. Or is it possible to chose that camouflage thingy for Recon as your first unlock ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

B.Schuss wrote:

well, I guess people need to pay more attention then, and stop running around with their exes closed....

I wonder though if the guys paticipating in the tuning beta will rank up quickly enough to even playtest the higher unlocks. Or is it possible to chose that camouflage thingy for Recon as your first unlock ?
first or second yes. actuall weapons are the last things to unlock on the ladder.

i.e.
1.demopack
2.adaptive camo
3.improved scope
4.scope stabilizer
5.Advanced sniper rifle
B.Schuss

ah, ok.

so there is a certain order to the unlocks, is this what you are saying ?

btw, do you know anything about the SL "unlocks" ? Does one have to somehow qualify to be SL or how does it work ingame ?
McDonald_221
+0|6494
I was wondering about that aswell, and how many squad unlocks are there ?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6804|Portland, OR, USA

B.Schuss wrote:

I have 7 unlocks (at least) and it only takes 3-4 to get camo.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6626|Pittsburgh, PA
Hopefully there is an +3" e-penis unlock, which of course will make it 3" longer.  I'll bet that would be the first unlock that everyone would get.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6625|Gold Coast, Australia
lol, the only reason i did this thread was because im bored at home with the flu, and its really shit.

Also, i just wanted to see if it was good enough to get a sticky, and it was which is awsome.
CaptainKris
+54|6475|Safety Harbor, Florida
Well maybe you should call that busty chick in your sig over to your house to make you feel better. Oh yeah, mmmmh big boobies.

Captain "Hope you get better soon" Kris

Last edited by CaptainKris (2006-08-21 17:41:42)

TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
@ CaptainKris - Yeah, maybe except that im too young , and shes in sweden

@ haffeysucks - LOL nice quote!
CaptainKris
+54|6475|Safety Harbor, Florida
Who said anything about being to young?

Captain "Not me" Kris
Brasso
+1,549|6629

TerrorisT² wrote:

@ CaptainKris - Yeah, maybe except that im too young , and shes in sweden

@ haffeysucks - LOL nice quote!
lol i posted that I didn't see the updates more and I was giving him +1 for that.  it didn't show up. XD

FIXED

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-08-21 18:06:51)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
B.Schuss

Viper007Bond wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

the tuning beta was released on the 17th and you already have 7 unlocks ? How much did you play ?
Could you give us some info on your progress ? Without violating the NDA, of course.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

B.Schuss wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

the tuning beta was released on the 17th and you already have 7 unlocks ? How much did you play ?
Could you give us some info on your progress ? Without violating the NDA, of course.
rankups are EXTREMELY FAST. i rank up about once every game, and there is 400 point gaps between the ranks. all you have to do is cap silos, defend/attack the titans, and you advance quickly
B.Schuss

well, in that case I think EA will change the rank requirements for the finished game significantly. all 43 ranks with less than 20,000 points ? I don't think so....

They probably made the gaps between ranks so small in the beta to allow people to rank up to the top and playtest every aspect of the game and every unlock before the game goes gold.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

B.Schuss wrote:

well, in that case I think EA will change the rank requirements for the finished game significantly. all 43 ranks with less than 20,000 points ? I don't think so....

They probably made the gaps between ranks so small in the beta to allow people to rank up to the top and playtest every aspect of the game and every unlock before the game goes gold.
lets see... rank 43 is 230,000 points

B.Schuss

stryyker wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

huh ? for the tuning beta ?  then the 400 points gap between ranks that you mentioned don't make sense ( at least if my math skills don't let me down.. )

Or are you talking about 230,000 points for the top rank in the finished game ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

B.Schuss wrote:

stryyker wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

huh ? for the tuning beta ?  then the 400 points gap between ranks that you mentioned don't make sense ( at least if my math skills don't let me down.. )

Or are you talking about 230,000 points for the top rank in the finished game ?
all i remember hearing, was that the top rank for the tuning beta was 230k points. i couple of BFtest accounts have that much
starman7
+15|6723
The temporary unlocks are probably a misinterpretation

From what I gather, there is a certain way to get an unlock from the next rank for the duration of a match, as opposed to a permanent unlock which you get by ranking up.  I believe these are called field commisions or something.  And it is very likely that the time required to get an unlock will be drastically increased for the gold version, simply because you have to rush the unlocks for the tuning beta, unless you want the beta to last half a year.  And if you're one of the players hardcore enough to already have a beta key, you're probably playing near 24/7.  And as for active camo... that's probably a major concern in the tuning beta.  However, what you said with everyone basically exploiting it... you CAN be seen, you CANNOT shoot, you CANNOT sprint, and if you aren't a dumbass and fight in a squad, that recon guy with the active camo is going to get exactly one kill before being blasted away in a hail of gunfire (unless, of course, they were already engaged with a quite visible enemy and too preoccupied to notice that guy...).  And it will take some unlocking.  Of course, those dog tags are quite the temptation...

These are what I consider my most important unlocks in relative order.  C-7 (for Titan-busting), defil (obvious), rocket grenade (for hitting behind cover and providing a small anti-vehicle capability).

As for the squad leader unlocks, I know of two, plus the SLSB (Squad Leader Spawn Beacon, and I think it's an automatic)

The Accipter drone flies over your head, and any enemies spotted by you mousing the cursor over them (you automatically spot any enemies for your squad that way, although you still have to do the commo rose thing if you want to spot it for the whole team) get shot up by its 2 chainguns.  Of course, it's location above your head isn't conduicive to stealth, so use this only during an all-out firefight where nobody's hiding.
This isn't to be confused with the engineer's stationary gun drone (though somebody with both could really help defensively).

There's also a UAV drone, which acts as a mini UAV over the squadleader's head.  It doesn't have the same radius, though, and it still isn't good for hiding.
B.Schuss

I wonder if the active camo will hide you from the UAV....

But I agree that active camo probably won't become the uber-accessory. It certainly won't help in CQC. What it will do though is allow the skilled Sniper / Recon to move even more stealthy around the battlefield and pick up kills against single infantry. Cause we all know that proper movement is the most important quality of a good sniper. Fire one or two shots, switch to active camo and move away from your position without giving yourself away. I figure that the really good snipers will be even more annoying in 2142..

It might also help in flanking manouvers or when attacking stationary assets with explosives, such as UAV, Radar or the unsuspective tank owner who doesn't move..

I wonder how infantry play will work out in 2142. Cause there are obviously lots of gadgets aimed at promoting squad play, like the new spotting system, the drones, and the new scoring system for teamwork/field commission. Five squads with accipiter drones going head to head in a titan should be quite an experience...

Btw, I heard that you cannot take med kits around with you any more. You are only able to put them on the ground and anyone who wants to be healed needs to come to that position. Is that true ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

the only thing Active Camo hide your from is sight. they can still be spotted, UAVed, EMPed, knifed, shockpaddled, teamkilled, raped, beaten, and teamswitched
B.Schuss

right, EMP genades should work against active camo, shouldn't they ?

As I have said before, people simply need to learn to pay better attention to what is happening around them, play in squads ( no more lone wolfes, those will be owned by the new Recon class ) so the SL can spot enemy Recons and your Medic / Assault can revive you, and - most importantly - people will have to learn to organize the defense of the silos and the titan better, so the Recons can't slip through the lines of defense.
In all, I think it fits perfectly into the teamplay approach EA seems to have taken with some of the new features in 2142.

We will see how it plays out. We are not even at the public demo yet. EA obviously has learned something from BF2 by putting out a tuning beta for 2142 before they release a demo.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
What's quite sad about the amazing prospects of BF2142 is that it needs even more teamwork to be as effective as the game allows. Unfortunately, as the performance in BF2 has shown, a grand majority of people refuse to work as a team currently. Hence hoping they work more as a team in the next version doesn't seem all that likely. The same breed of people, in a different game, equals the same chaotic mess you have now on most public servers.

Human nature is human nature. Socieity doesn't award teamwork, it awards those that get noticed. Silly corporations are destroying aspect of team equality. Though I guess we can always wish for the best and expect the worst.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
yes
Aardcore
+60|6712|USA, Arizona
Could someone inform me about this dog tag business in BF2142? I'm kind of lost on that aspect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard