Sorry for the all caps....i just wanted to get you're attention.
DISCLAIMER: PARDON ME IF I GET SOMETHING WRONG, JUST LET ME KNOW. EXCUSE IF I DON'T SPECIFY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DICE SWEDEN AND DICE CANADA AND EA GAMES. I'M SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE WHINING, BUT I AM JUST CALLING FOR A BOYCOTT OF EA.

Battlefield 2 is the first PC game i bought, before that i had been a console gamer. So, maybe it's different because it's a PC game, maybe. But what i want to see here is that I have never seen a more reprehensible game manufacturer. BF2 is also my first EA Game (believe it or not, the only companies I've played are Ubisoft, Bungy, and Activision). The way they treat their customers is disgusting! I mean ffs, they offer no customer support, they say "Fuck You!" to the customer once the customer pays money. Now, pardon me, but when I say EA i may also be referring to DICE, because EA merged with DICE. Here's my problem:

1. The patches. These patches have done nothing but ruin the game. They only bring more and more problems. And when we ask them to release some kind of hotfix, they just send us some dumb form letter. Which brings me to...
2. Their customer service. It sucks. That's all that needs to be said.
3. They are all tards. (fucktards, smacktards, every kind of tard that exists is what they are.) There was a thread that goes on for like 14 pages about kontrolcrimson getting reset. And then re-reset. This kind of shit is unbelievable. The whole stats system is fucked up.

For all these reason I am calling for a boycott of EA games, not just of 2142, but of all products they make. We need to demand their attention and force them to be a better company. Let's see what happens.
Also, sorry if nothing I wrote makes sense. I'm in a bit of a rush.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky

negatorynosirnowayman wrote:

A bunch of Stuff.
yeah good luck on that.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

We need AN EA Boycott, and we need it now!

1. The patches. These patches have done nothing but ruin the game. They only bring more and more problems. And when we ask them to release some kind of hotfix, they just send us some dumb form letter. Which brings me to...
1.03 was the shit.

2. Their customer service. It sucks. That's all that needs to be said.
yes it does
3. They are all tards. (fucktards, smacktards, every kind of tard that exists is what they are.) There was a thread that goes on for like 14 pages about kontrolcrimson getting reset. And then re-reset. This kind of shit is unbelievable. The whole stats system is fucked up.
the stat system is fine. Its the people that whine about those better than themselves that makes these things happen.
The_Jester
+52|6489|Italy
So can't i play tomorrow?

Sure.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6826|Australia
i would agree aboutall the points but the last one. I dont want players boycotting because 'I' was reset. I would agree if they were more innocent players who had been reset, and spoken up about it. But im one of a few. therfore to get you to do it with that last point would be wrong.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
There was Already a EA Boycott, It did nothing, a bunch of servers Put the Name EA Boycott in the name and locked there servers, my clan server being one of them..

Did nothing so why would this?

http://www.bf2-bday.org/index2.html
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6640|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

stryyker wrote:

1.03 was the shit.
correct. closely followed by 1.12..
in fact.. 1.12 was the perfect patch. as it brought Special Forces along..
and there was good old c4 chucking, noobtoobing, true dolphin diving.

since then.. the only patches have been nerfing stuff, overpowering stuff and fucking up the game in general.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6765|Arizona
If you don't like the game or the company...stop playin and go elsewhere.  Obviously...if ppl are still playing...I really don't think they will join you.  The patches were thrown in cuz ppl bitched about so much shit.  The GL blowin up on impact, chopper hopping...fuck, the list is endless...and when ppl bitch about some issues with the game, that is what gets fixed.  EA and Dice don't stop and say... "Let's change a buncha shit."  They change shit cuz we suggest it. 

Now, I couldn't tell you nothin bout their customer service...I really don't care enough to wanna contact them.  I love the game, and I've never had any quarrel with any patch, or content thrown in.  I just play.

Lastly...the stat system is (to me) what makes this game unique and fun.  If it didn't have it, or the medals or ribbons, we'd all be playing another Counter Strike.  That just doesn't sound fun to me. 

In closing, good luck with your boycott, but ...well, you won't go far.  There is too many ppl who actually LIKE the game.  And for the ppl who do nothing but bitch and complain about everything...just stop playing and leave, we better off without you ppl...and plz don't go to 2142...should be released for real fans and such.    Thank you.
Defiance
+438|6669

spawnofthemist wrote:

stryyker wrote:

1.03 was the shit.
correct. closely followed by 1.12..
in fact.. 1.12 was the perfect patch. as it brought Special Forces along..
and there was good old c4 chucking, noobtoobing, true dolphin diving.

since then.. the only patches have been nerfing stuff, overpowering stuff and fucking up the game in general.
Agreed. I started playing in 1.12, and I would play for hours and hours a day. Great game back then.

The first boycott didn't do anything, I don't think another is going to change it.
Rogue_granny
+22|6564
Ive started sending a e-mail to dice everyday for the last 5 days and will continue just stating how shit they are being to their customers, most likely will do fuck all but it allows me to vent my anger and piss them of reading or deleting useless e-mail heres the addresses

Sweden [email protected]
Canada [email protected]

if nothing else it will give them a headache and it just takes one word in the right direction for a bit of change
ie 'ive been getting all these strange mails lately blah blah blah '
Ether151
Banned
+22|6658
Good luck man that is like trying to boycot Microsoft, for every 100 people you get to join there will be like 1000 that dont care and will keep playing or buying the games they make.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

yes, send hatemail, that solves alot of problems.
pndragon26
+23|6684
Really? .... They said, "Fuck You!" when you called? I mean that is what they said when you dialed customer support? No "Hi, thank you for calling EA's customer support." no "Hello, how may I help you?" or no annoying "press 1 for help with BF2, pres 2 for help with---"... Or after you bought it did they come to your house and say it to you in person? Did they shake hands first or just insult you and walk away, did you have to show your reciept to be insulted? You sure it was EA and not Microsoft? If its true, I have to say, +1 karma to EA!! That is hilarious! They pay someone to pick up a phone or stand around and say "Fuck You!"!!! Wow, how can I apply for that position! Thats a job I could really enjoy!! Thanks for the info! Good luck with your boycott.

Last edited by pndragon26 (2006-08-18 19:41:53)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6826|Australia

Defiance wrote:

The first boycott didn't do anything, I don't think another is going to change it.
It didnt do anything cos you gave them your money.
Boycotting bf2 wont do anything. However, boycotting 2142, will be more effective for it will hurt their income.
Thats the way to tell them you have had enough.
Rogue_granny
+22|6564

stryyker wrote:

i wouldnt say hate mail only question have you never seen Shawshank redemption
LivelyToaster
+60|6718|Sacto, CA

0ktane wrote:

If you don't like the game or the company...stop playin and go elsewhere.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky

Rogue_granny wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i doubt they will grant you any funds to build a new library.

Last edited by [1FR]S3v3N (2006-08-18 20:01:27)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

Rogue_granny wrote:

stryyker wrote:

different situation. emails are filtered, scanned. chances are, human eyes never see your email
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6739|In your head
boycotting will not solve problems whatsoever in the gaming world. Why you may ask? That is because you may get this whole forum to boycott but there are alot of people that do not know about this forum and there are like 2 billion people that play bf2. A couple thousand people not buying 2142 will not hurt them cuz they still have 200000 people+ that still bought it so a few thousand will hurt them but not enough. I know you will say they are greedy but if they are greedy and what not then howcome they actually this time let everyone who wanted to test the patch? How come if thier custome support is so horrible why do they actually fix stuff that people bitch and whine about. Maybe if we bitch enough, just enough they will fix some peoples minds.

Yeh they fuck up so the hell what?! Novalogic is even worse than EA if you ever get to play JO or JO:E that game has been out for years and they still will not fix AI being able to kill you from 500yds away while in 50yds of visibilty for you. Or when you turn a corner and they auto-headshot. Even in their deltaforce series they never really fixed anything whatsoever! Yeh in DFX they added some stuff but they will not give more weapons or anything.

So please stop your bitching about EA/DICE their ARE ALOT WORSE companies trust me.
alpinestar
+304|6594|New York City baby.
hit where it will hurt them the most, Don't buy 2142
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

alpinestar wrote:

hit where it will hurt them the most, Don't buy 2142
hit where it hurts them the most, kidnap the CEO and board of directors.

my plan ftw.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6727|Louisiana
It's admirable that you want to take action and boycott EA, but BF2142 will still sell very well. It's sad because EA and DICE don't deserve it. I really wish BF2142 would crash and burn. It's not because I have anything personal against EA and DICE, they just need a lesson in capitalism. Many companies would never treat their customers this way for fear of losing the loyalty of those customers. Unfortunately EA gets away with it because video games are not a huge investment and because gamers don't seem to be aware of, or mature enough to be aware of, when they're being mistreated.
specxops
Banned
+18|6648|Boca Raton,Florida
my plan is kick em in the groin???
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
In my opinion there is no need for a boycott at all. Boycotting the games publisher and promoter won't directly hit or grab the attention of the developers or the company that is responsible for the game either.

To be honest- less whining and boycott threads, more willpower to actually quit the game. If it doesn't meet your expectations, uninstall it and play something else... orrr - shock horror - go outside for a bit.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard