Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6736|Scotland

loonitic wrote:

What if you manage to shoot down a J10 with an F35b that should be at least +10 points...
I did that...once.

From exp. it is quite hard to shoot down a heli with a plane. I should know, I dodge A LOT of AA
millhous
+39|6653|OREEGONE, USA
Thank you zyphlus for condensing all the complaint threads into one convenient post.  Your CAN DO attitude has cost the rest of this community a few seconds of their lives they cannot get back.
zyphlus
+8|6773

loonitic wrote:

What if you manage to shoot down a J10 with an F35b that should be at least +10 points...
good point +7
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6588

Snipingruven wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

RicoAtPublix wrote:

Lame...

You're nuts, its fine. I love being an APC/Armor whore on Oman or Wake. Bombing runs are just a way of life for a tanker, deal with it. Its like running into a nade/claymore as infantry; sucks, but life goes on.
"but zomg i got ze own'd by ze gaymore dey r ze skillless LoL1! ze tissues r ze sux!11 OMG 0.0001 KILLS FOR TEH CLAYMORES IN NEXT PATCH PLZ PLZ PLZ"

Hey, he might just get it too.
SAID THE VEHICLE WHORE, 78% of ur kills are from vehicles. Get some skill dude, Ground pounders will squash u!
XD Give me a break, I play how I like to play. K? I like flying helicopters/gunning, and if that makes me a vehicle whore, blow me.

Also you're telling me to get some skill when you could do so yourself.

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2006-08-18 11:06:09)

zyphlus
+8|6773
i don't mind if your a vehicle whore just let your points reflect the proper skill level near zilch...  You can sit in it all you want... but with 1.4 will anyone but armor whores show up on armor maps?
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6536

zyphlus wrote:

i don't mind if your a vehicle whore just let your points reflect the proper skill level near zilch...  You can sit in it all you want... but with 1.4 will anyone but armor whores show up on armor maps?
I will.  It's more fun to take out a tank as infantry, knowing that they have the upper hand.

Plus, I would be sad without my jeeps.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6588

zyphlus wrote:

Stop caring about points. Points and stats prove nothing about skill...
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6553|Las Vegas

Toilet Sex wrote:

Snipingruven wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

"but zomg i got ze own'd by ze gaymore dey r ze skillless LoL1! ze tissues r ze sux!11 OMG 0.0001 KILLS FOR TEH CLAYMORES IN NEXT PATCH PLZ PLZ PLZ"

Hey, he might just get it too.
SAID THE VEHICLE WHORE, 78% of ur kills are from vehicles. Get some skill dude, Ground pounders will squash u!
XD Give me a break, I play how I like to play. K? I like flying helicopters/gunning, and if that makes me a vehicle whore, blow me.

LOL, you have more play time, and rank, yet I have killed more than you by hand bro.  Head to Head in a server without vehicles, I own U! period.  Have a nice day.
doc. josh
+48|6561

TrashBlinD wrote:

No. That would be gay.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6481|Life in a vacuum sucks
this guys is crazy!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6588

Snipingruven wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Snipingruven wrote:

LOL, you have more play time, and rank, yet I have killed more than you by hand bro.  Head to Head in a server without vehicles, I own U! period.  Have a nice day.
Do you honestly think I care? I could just say head to head in a server in helicopters I'd own you, but I couldn't give 2 shits, and I'm sure no one else does either. Stop crying just because people in vehlices playing how they want to play own you time and time again.

Hey, some lyrics for you to sing to your 32 step-dads, which re-new every week:

Help me escape this feelin' of insecurity
I need you so much but I don't think you really need me
But if we all stand up in the name of love
And state the case of what we're dreamin' of
I've got to say I only dream of you
But like a thief in the night
You took away the love that I knew

Relight my fire, Your love is my only desire
Relight my fire, Cos I need your love

Turn back the times 'til the days when our love was new
Do you remember?
No matter what was happenin' I was there with you
But if we all stand up for what we believe

And maybe live within our possibilities
The world would be wild for the dream
So baby don't turn away
Listen to what I gotta say

ya rly

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2006-08-18 15:29:22)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6713|Germany

RicoAtPublix wrote:

Man, where's negative karma when you need it.
It got nerfed.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6565|UK

loonitic wrote:

Lmao, the man is wise.
specxops
Banned
+18|6666|Boca Raton,Florida
idea=gay ya kthnx nub
slash_clown
+9|6483|Australia
hahahahahhahahhahaha      +1 to the OP
jord
+2,382|6694|The North, beyond the wall.
I've got an idea for an adjustment...

MAke BF2 have no kits,no weapons and no vehicles.

Then have everyone stand off in a server with no posible way to kill each other.

Then the last person who hasn't left the server wins,and the last 3 gets silver and bronze and gold medals.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6741|Twente, The Netherlands
zyplus if you kill someone you should get 0.000001. I should get 5 points for every kill I get, because I don't deserver less. That will prevent you from getting more points than me, securing my first place in the top 10 of the highest scoring bf2 players.

Ah, too bad, EA won't do that. Fuck.
CloakedStarship
+76|6581
you cant assign decimal points for kills.  Fact of the matter is you get 2 pts per kill, end of story.  This is a fast paced game and forcing aircraft to land is rediculous as it will slow the gameplay.. drastically.  Besides, what would all the people with a SRAW, c4 or anti tank mines be doing..

Fine idea for a sim, but bf2 applies realism to a point to make gameplay accomodating to time restraints.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6635|Manitowoc, WI

jord wrote:

I've got an idea for an adjustment...

MAke BF2 have no kits,no weapons and no vehicles.

Then have everyone stand off in a server with no posible way to kill each other.

Then the last person who hasn't left the server wins,and the last 3 gets silver and bronze and gold medals.
Ah yes, the video game equivalent of a staring contest.  Nothing more rousing.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6534|Montucky

zyphlus wrote:

Using Armor, Planes, Helis to kill is unskilled

I think we need to adjust it
Using a plane to kill worth .2 so if you kill 10 people using the plane it would be worth 1 infantry to infantry kill
Heli .3
Tank .5

This takes into the account the rarity of these items and adjusts for skillevel required to get the kill.

Planes need to land to fix
Tanks and APC must be out of combat for 1 min to fix
Helis need 1 AA to force to land.
Tanks spawn 4 mins after death
Helis spawn 6 mins after death
Planes spawn 12 mins after death
the delayed spawn would more closely approximate the real world rairty of these items.
Allow new punish for Commander Artillery TK.  Doesn't count as Tk to force boot BUT it does allow punish for negative points.

My Karma is much to high.

oh ya revive gets .1
wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills first.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6658|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

zyphlus wrote:

Using Armor, Planes, Helis to kill is unskilled

I think we need to adjust it
Using a plane to kill worth .2 so if you kill 10 people using the plane it would be worth 1 infantry to infantry kill
Heli .3
Tank .5

This takes into the account the rarity of these items and adjusts for skillevel required to get the kill.

Planes need to land to fix
Tanks and APC must be out of combat for 1 min to fix
Helis need 1 AA to force to land.
Tanks spawn 4 mins after death
Helis spawn 6 mins after death
Planes spawn 12 mins after death
the delayed spawn would more closely approximate the real world rairty of these items.
Allow new punish for Commander Artillery TK.  Doesn't count as Tk to force boot BUT it does allow punish for negative points.

My Karma is much to high.

oh ya revive gets .1
NEWS:
It's coming out of retirement for one last round, one final chance.

no.. not Rocky Balboa.

my favourite word:

FAIL.

[1FR]S3v3N wrote:

wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills first.
Green Day - Geek Stink Breath.
+1

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-08-18 20:05:27)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6497|Purdue
Fail.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6562
Anyone who says plane kills should be worth .2 probably doesn't fly.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6607|Your attic
In general, the OP is a nut... The only point adjustment I'd like to see is for ground troops destroying tanks/APC's, maybe 4 points instead of 2 because a tank is a much greater threat then most infantry.

Maybe the same for taking down a jet/chopper while on the ground.

Otherwise, I reckon the system is fine

Last edited by Towelly (2006-08-18 20:13:30)

c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6576|laguna beach, ca
dude, i love infantry.  infantry kills are just as easy as jets and what-not, although you might die a little more.

your ideas are garbage though, man.  12 minutes for the jet, lol....... wow GG

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard