Poll

Are you buying 2142?

Yes56%56% - 601
No23%23% - 247
Undecided19%19% - 207
Total: 1055
shadowkila
+26|6419|Canada
Of course its a mods, its of the same engine. Plus I can get it for £20. Plus it OWNS!

Last edited by MuseSeeker (Today 21:15:08)

If it was a mod it would cost 10 dollars just like AF & SF.and as we all know it does not cost that,therefore it is not a mod, it is a POS.

Yes but unlike AF and SF; 2142 is 10x better. So correcting: You are a "POS" for not using common sense

We'll see WHAT the POS is when u and all your faggot noob friends start bitching like a couple of old ladies about this piece of junk game .

Last edited by shadowkila (2006-10-11 17:18:21)

docnutz
+39|6768|B O S T ON area

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Everyone who enjoys BF2 is pretty much going to have to buy 2142. Why? Because when it comes out, BF2 servers will switch over, and BF2 will dry up. SF EU and AF will be non existant.

That's my prediction, when it happens someone buy me a coke.
I think not!  esp SF!

I may get it but i will not be able to play as much as I did BF2 b/c i have twin girls due in March and i Alread have a 4 and 2 y/o boys!

Last edited by docnutz (2006-10-12 08:08:15)

Lt_Rapt0r
+10|6432
pre-ordered!
KiLLMasTer
+3|6790|West Va (USA)
I may get it i dont know......
Fab_1963
+11|6420|In the middle of Nowhere
Well i will get it but...
ThrashingFury
+1|6446|Vermont
Just finished preloading it on my computer, anyone know if the version we are preloading is the "DICE collectors edition" I noticed in the demo it said it was only through the downloader but I don't know if that is what you get when you pre order
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6491
I dont really know I just played the demo and its pretty fucking gay.
Fr0zenFoxFire
+0|6416
YUP me and my buds are dfrivin over to comp USA to pik up our copies on tuesday when its relesed... plan to have my 10 unlocks by wednesday morning
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker
Reserved a copy at GameStop last night.  Can't wait, only 4 more days!
doc. josh
+48|6554
hell ya b/c noobs are going to quake wars or sticking to bf2
LV_Cop
+0|6411
I don't think I am buying 2142.  In the demo the game feels to fake the guns don't have the same great sound as in BF2 they sound weak. The weapons are what make the game interesting,  I have just sat out in some field as asniper and shot my rifle just to hear and see it function, I woul never do that with 2142.  I do like the collecting the dog tags, vehicle spawn points and buddy list, I just wish EA would've put these as updates on bf2, which is still the one IMO!
nammon
+0|6411
not after reading this crap .... see link

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17640403

BF2142, now with free SPYWARE   hahahahahaha

crashing servers now this shit

http://www.hostimage.org/img/82432.jpg
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6621|balls

doc. josh wrote:

hell ya b/c noobs are going to quake wars or sticking to bf2
what a knob.  i'm not a noob for sticking with bf2.  but anyway, screw space shit.  i think one game full of faggism (whores for fake fucking rank/medals/awards/etc.) is enough for me.  what i really need is a kick ass  single player again.  something to keep my attention so my addiction to bf2 will subside peacefully.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker

shadowkila wrote:

Of course its a mods, its of the same engine. Plus I can get it for £20. Plus it OWNS!

Last edited by MuseSeeker (Today 21:15:08)

If it was a mod it would cost 10 dollars just like AF & SF.and as we all know it does not cost that,therefore it is not a mod, it is a POS.
Nope you got it wrong, too.  There is nothing from BF2 in 2142.  Not like in mod and expansions where the same building are used, just in different spots.  All the features of the terrain, buildings, flags, choppers, tanks, vehicles, soldiers, and kits are new.
OuTeR_DiMeNsIoN15
+-1|6674|Montreal, Quebec, Canada
you guys can tell me if it will be in stores???
DaBigDragon
+3|6748|USA
Not until they get rid of the spyware.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6698|London, UK
Just ordered it should be comin on monday though i recieved an email saying its gonna cost 2 grand.....
RichyCizzo
+9|6487|Florida
Just bought mine for 25$ at Best Buy. I love Black Friday.
j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6656|Behind that RPK-74
Ok can someone help ?
I have bought the downloadable version (i know cheap £20).
When i install it says there is a patch which i know about (1.6).
Do i have to add patches before this one ?
Like 1.1 and 1.5 and if so are there anymore.
Had it a day now and still haven't been able to get on-line since there are no servers in my list (SIGH)
Thanks Jamie.............
Marine_fighter77
+20|6365
wow screw 2142 .. it looks like shit... hell no im not getting it . karma me if you think im right 
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio

Marine_fighter77 wrote:

wow screw 2142 .. it looks like shit... hell no im not getting it . karma me if you think im right 
Wow, thanks for reviving a long dead thread, then asking for karma.

Edit: now that I look at it, not that long. but still...

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2006-12-05 18:41:18)

shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6684|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
I saw that in the Best Buy ad here locally,the game is going for $25 so shit yeah I will pick it up.

Edit: Its on their website too

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … 3999681935

Last edited by shadow18alpha (2006-12-22 22:25:30)

Linus
+53|6662
Sales of BF2142 are less than 50% of BF2 same timeframe.

The game is simply, more of the same.  Its not bad..but its 'ok' at best.

Server browser better, but game engine basically same problems, with a few new ones.
Why does it lock up when you hit ctrl-alt-del, or alt-tab.. only game I ever seen that did that.
Game engine is down right junk, they need to scrap it totally, would have thought they would
have learned their lesson with BF2.

Gameplay is spammy, and Vehicle maps are Mega Spammy. More than 30+ players and its
nothing but a noobfest.  Everyone is a medic, yet noone revives me. Same BS..differant title.

I prefer BF2 over 2142. 2142 got boring after 6 days. BF2 even with all its horrible problems
that DICE never could fix is a better game. And of course, 2142 will get the normal EA 'support'..
which is NIL.

I run a game server company with a partner.. We still get 3 requests per week for BF2 servers.
We get maybe 1 request for 2142.... Also, the 2142 admins are cancelling their servers at a much
higher rate than BF2.. Some are even going back to BF2 from 2142.

I sold my copy to a customer, was pretty boring after 6 or 7 days...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard