Poll

Would you switch to BF2142 if these maps were added?

I am going to play BF 2142 regardless!45%45% - 17
Yeah, if they added those maps, then it would rock.29%29% - 11
I don't care, no BF 2142 until they fix BF2.21%21% - 8
What is BF 2142?2%2% - 1
Total: 37
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX
When BF2 came out, they added Wake Island 2007 as, well, as a gimmick to pull in more BF 1942 gamers who loved that map. What I would like to see is several of the BF2 maps be reworked and released as an add-on or patch for BF 2142. The maps I decided would be best were:

Strike at Karkhand ("Return to Karkhand")
Daqing Oil fields ("Daqing Wastelands")
Mashtuur City ("Ruins at Mashtuur")
Sharqi Penninsula
Wake Island 2007 ("Wake Island 2142")

and, from SF,

Warlord
Ghost Town

I decided on these maps not only because they are some of the most popular maps in BF2, but hopefelly for ease in converting them to BF 2142. I did not notice any boats in anything I have seen on 2142 so far, so I stayed away from carrier maps, except for Wake Island.

For Wake Island, I was thinking of taking away the carrier, then adding new bases on the northwest and southwest beaches, as beachheads for each team. Then have 7 flags, with the middle flag being what used to be the airfield. Each team starts with a transtport and a few other things, and the only gunship will be gotten at the airfield, which will prompt for the major battle to be concentrated there. Oh, and no uncappable bases.

For Daqing, pull the planes off, replace the AA vehicles with walkers, replace each pair of FAVs with an APC, and replace heavy jeeps 1 for 1 with new FAVs. Also, move the Chinese attack helicopter up into the main base, maybe removing the large building. Same for Ghost Town, as far as vehicle replacement..

For Warlord, one for one exchange, but add 2 more APCs to each side to allow for more rooftop fun via the assault pods.

For Sharqi, pull off all the boats, add an APC to the MEC base in the south, and make the center MEC base cappable to compensate.

For Karkhand and Mashtuur, just have a 1 for 1 exchange with everything, new for old.

On all the maps, the Stingers and the TOWs should be replaced for the new turret guns on a one for one basis. This will leave some maps with 2 per map point. WEll, just make for new tactics. Also, you can pull all the fixed MGs. Those few changes would keep the map fresh.

The goal of this is twofold. The first is to expand the maps of BF 2142. More maps means greater longevity. The second is a reward and inticement for the BF2 players to transfer over to 2142. The maps will be familiar enough to feel comfortable, but the reworking gives them a much newer feel. I was also hoping that since you are using the same engine, that reworking them for 2142 might be easier than starting some new maps from scratch.

Comments, suggestions, threats?
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6558|laguna beach, ca
Kark-hand, lol.

it seems you put a lot of time into this.  but the truth is... what is anyone going to do with all this information?
Lazzars
+4|6645
2142 takes place across europe and north africa

so middle east and china maps would hmake no sence

but El AL from 1942 could make a return as a huge tank battle
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX

Lazzars wrote:

2142 takes place across europe and north africa

so middle east and china maps would hmake no sence

but El AL from 1942 could make a return as a huge tank battle
Come on... you get extra maps and you want them to fit into the plot?  How exactly does Wake Island 2007 fit in?  Only by the barest of feeble plots.  Give us these maps and most players will not care about how they fit in.  THey will justy play them.  I am not asking for them to be included into the single player game.  Just multiplayer.  Also not asking for a titan mode with them, just your basic conquest.
Stalker-NSDQ
SOUL * REAPER
+24|6553|Germany
I stick with my signature !!
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX

Stalker-NSDQ wrote:

I stick with my signature !!
Never.  Once I found out they really had been listening to us, and just putting our ideas into BF 2142 instead of in BF2, I was hooked.  They gave the engineer AA missiles as an unlock!

Plus I always have been a major sci fi geek.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6644
Yes, Strike at Kirkwood was my favorite map.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA
Ill be sticking with Stalker-NSDQ's sig.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

Strike at Karkhand ("Return to Karkhand")
Camp Gibralter
Daqing Oil fields ("Daqing Wastelands")
no.
Mashtuur City ("Ruins at Mashtuur")
why is everything ruined?
Sharqi Penninsula
Docks
holds no strategic asset for land
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

stryyker wrote:

holds no strategic asset for land
stryyker, my sig tells you exactly why everybody would be fighting for Wake. A little quote in there from Chao2.

I don't mind the idea and having some of the maps carry over to 2142 wouldn't be too bad. I just would hate karkand to be carried over.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6529
Iron Gator

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard