OctoPoster
+978|6730|OctoLand
Well do they exist or not?

Discuss...
I know fucking karate
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6674|Hell's prison
another not very well thought out thread.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6728|Omaha, Nebraska
I think I seen a few working at the construction sight down the street from here.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6740|Chicago.
Is it possible? Yeah, I guess.

Do I truly believe they are out there right now? No.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6674|Hell's prison

splixx wrote:

I think I seen a few working at the construction sight down the street from here.
lmao
OmniDeath
~
+726|6633

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

splixx wrote:

lmao
rotflmao
specxops
Banned
+18|6639|Boca Raton,Florida
Ahahahahaa
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6633|Seattle, WA
I vote yes, if your talking about complete retards who laugh at nothing spending too much time smoking pot and watching Napoleon Dynamite.  Yep, my proof?? YOU!
rmilhous
+32|6517|Augusta, Georgia

Omnideath wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

splixx wrote:

lmao
rotflmao
DAMN that is some funny shit. So THEY do exist..... well for exploiting cheap labor that is.

rmilhous
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6755|Cambridge (UK)
Are there life-forms on other planets, somewhere, out there, in the vastness of reality?

Like D'UH! Do the math!
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6519

tat was a lot of big wuwds....

lol i spelt big rong

(Notice anything else)

Last edited by farmerfez (2006-08-16 18:59:39)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6708|Las Vegas
God, who knows.......it's pretty hard to swallow, but on the other hand it seems pretty narrow minded to think that in all the vastness of space that we are all there is.

The best information I have seen is from www.disclosureproject.org
They have compiled testimony from over 400 witnesses comprised of employees/members of NSA, FAA, CIA, FBI, OSI, British Ministry of Defense, DIA, RAF, USAF, Army, Navy etc.  All of these people agreed to testify before congress under oath.  Definitely not your average UFO proponents which would generally make one suspend disbelief for at least the time it takes to hear them out.

Disclosure Project has been before congress, and briefed many other governmental agencies on their agenda to bring about disclosure.  They are by far the most believable organization I've ever seen on the subject.

You can watch a 2 hour long presentation given by Disclosure Project and many of the above mentioned witnesses before the National Press Club (do yourself a favor and skip the first 3 minutes of introduction).
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 5260900218

What do I think?  Fuck, I don't know....  As I said before it's pretty tough to swallow.  On the other hand, when so many respected witnesses step forward and go on record with their own personal accounts of events which are often presented along with official govennment documents to back them up, it's kinda hard to ignore.  These are people who were trusted with our national defense, not some hick who saw some strange light over the bayou. I guess in the end, I'm pretty much on the fence here.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

possible.
Capt. Foley
+155|6577|Allentown, PA, USA
I would say probably yes, there is a HUGE number of stars in our universe and almost everyone has at least 1 planet revolving around it, add in the possibility of parallel universes and...
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6470|Purdue
I just wanna play Spore D:
-=5TON3D
+42|6523|u.k
IF they do,..they better bring their own beer,freeloaders suck lol.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6567|Florida
Aliens definately exist, think about all the illegals in the country now

But seriously, I think they exist somewhere, considering there is so much space out there, some form of alien life form has to exist, Im not saying they are 17 feet tall with giant heads and big black eyes, but even a more simple form as in looking similar to us.  It would be pretty awesome to discover a non-hostile alien race.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6706|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Do I believe there is other life out there? Yes.  Do I think that other life has a snowball's chance in hell of getting to earth and abducting some half drunk red neck in the middle of the New Mexico desert? No.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6662|Colorado
A resounding yes, but don't count on meeting them anytime soon, we are too young of a species to contact as a whole.
When we have accomplished 10,000 years of peace like some of them then we might get some introductions, until then it will be left up to the governments to make impressions upon them good or bad.

John Lear & Bob Lazar have given me everything I need to know on the subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lear
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6518|Global Command
10000 years? Have some inside info???
JaMDuDe
+69|6766
I think almost 1,000,000 americans claim to have been abducted by aliens It might have been 5 million, i cant remember, i saw it on the history channel or something a few months ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_abductions

George bush is gona start a war with them if we ever come in contact with em.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-08-16 21:07:11)

-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6525|Carlsbad, CA, USA

splixx wrote:

i see them all of teh time, they work a lot around here, they get picked up in front of teh homo depot, and they werks fer teh cuntstruction dudes, makin bout 12 bucks per hour, so yeah i see them all the live long day and such.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6734|The Island of Carls Jr.
Its impossible that were the only sentient race out there. 600000000000000000 light years from here some alien is posting on an aliens BF2S. you better believe it!
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6672|Canada
it's mathematiacally impossible for there NOT to be life, sentient life, elsewhere.
Consider this:

if 1 in 10 stars have planets in the habitable zone (temperature, distance from sun)
if 1 in 10 of those planets have water
if 1 in 10 of those watered planets have an atmosphere with the right base compounds
if 1 in 10 of those have sparked life
if 1 in 10 of those living planets has been around for long enough

since the size of the universe is nearly infinite, there is a nearly infinite chance of sentient life.

Contacting aliens however is nearly impossible with our standards today, as the nearest other star is 4 years at light speed away, and has no planets we know of being habitable.  If you consider that the average distance of every star in our galaxy is over 50 light years, it would be  at least 50 years after transmission before any message could actually reach them.

Our AM radio and TV signals have been radiating at a constant speed since being transmitted.   Consider how far these waves have travelled, also, if you were an alien beginning to recieve the first waves from earth, you'd get our first tv shows, then season after season of programming leading up to today's television, as the wave of earth leaving tv passes you.

Have a look at this:  a picture coutesy of NASA of the milky way, in 360 degree panoramic.
does it look familiar?
http://plus.maths.org/issue15/features/oneil/mw.gif

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-08-16 22:37:40)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6664|Canberra, AUS
And they would come down billions of light years to scare a few drivers or make crop circles? Unlikely.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard