Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
After going through various posts about more complaining about how useless snipers are, I can't help going back to the same thought.

Why does everyone care about winning so much?

I mean, it's not like the games last that long so you can only play one every couple hours, or that your particular skill has anything to do with the outcome of the game, so why would anyone care if a little pixelated message came up telling you you lost? Is it the music? Do you think it says "omg teh US team was full of teh n00b sux0rs to the max"? Low on self-esteem? 90% of the games 40 players and up are decided by the strength of your vehicle drivers, (unless you have a truly good dedicated squad/clan on) and the infantry skill typically balances out anyways.

Who really cares if you have 20 snipers on your team, they are having fun playing the game as they want to , and it means more targets for you. People complain about unbalanced teams, snipers, noobs, bad commanders, unbalanced maps, anything and everything to pin the blame on someone for losing. Why? Doesn't affect your stats save for one ratio, little to none of your own skill is reflected, so why don't you jsut play the game to have the most fun you can and let others do the same?

Note to mod, perhaps this should be in the complain section after writing it, move if deemed neccesary.
The#1Spot
+105|6562|byah
since there is no award for win loss ratio whats the point
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

Winning is everything in any competitive thing you do.  I play to win, not to cater to the point whores who want fake badges and medals.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6778|United States of America
I do, just cuz I can.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6559
I swear, i honeslty dont care about winning, as long as it is a good hard faught game.  my win:loss ratio is pretty much 1:1
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6613|Your attic
I care about winning to the point that given the choice, I'd rather win then lose, of course I'm not going to cry myself to sleep everytime I'm on the losing team, but still, winning is always better then losing.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

winning means nothing, coming first and gettin a shiney gold star thats the real prize.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6763|OctoLand
Well, I do care. If I'm running around putting a really good performance on the ground, getting flags etc. I would be happy if that helped the team to win. So i care to that extent.
I know fucking karate
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6600|Florida
I like to win, but as long as I have fun I really dont mind losing.  Now if Im pissed most of the time such as playing wake against a good Chinese team, its obviously not that fun to spend 90% of the round watching your ragdoll body fly up in the air multiple times.  But as long as I have fun, I dont really mind losing or winning over all.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

winning means nothing, coming first and gettin a shiney gold star thats the real prize.
You sir are the reason the ranking system has failed.
Flaming_Maniac
Yes, getting raped by a far superior team is no fun. However, I care about having no fun getting raped part, not the losing part.

And please note that I do do what is best for my team, but I honestly don't care if it leads to winning or not. Now if games lasted 2-3 hours it would be a completely different story.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6559
^concur^  But if i have fun and lose by a fucking huge margine, i dont care.

Last edited by RD_The_Dog (2006-08-16 17:40:41)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6721|NCFSU2

usmarine2005 wrote:

Winning is everything in any competitive thing you do.  I play to win, not to cater to the point whores who want fake badges and medals.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yes, getting raped by a far superior team is no fun. However, I care about having no fun getting raped part, not the losing part.

And please note that I do do what is best for my team, but I honestly don't care if it leads to winning or not. Now if games lasted 2-3 hours it would be a completely different story.
Agree on that.  Games need to last a hell of a lot longer.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6763|OctoLand
yes but then jet whores would be even more up their own arse with scores of 600+ if it lasted that long.

Last edited by justice (2006-08-16 17:44:19)

I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6763|OctoLand
and then even more "omg leet hax must find indianscout"
I know fucking karate
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

justice wrote:

yes but then jet whores would be even more up their own arse with scores of 600+ if it lasted that long.
Not on Infantry only servers.........pwnt teh pilots.  Go chase each other around instead.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6747|Twente, The Netherlands
Winning means not much to me, getting a good k/d is more important to me. But I'll mostly play as good as I can for my team by capping back flags.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6552

well said
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6616|Iceland
who cares about wining, who cares about killing? fuck who cares about BF2? WE DO
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6764|London

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

who cares about wining, who cares about killing? fuck who cares about BF2? WE DO
Agreed.

Last edited by Dauntless (2006-08-16 17:51:39)

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Flaming_Maniac

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Well it appears that there are a good number of people that don't agree with you on the winning part.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6773|Chicago.
I try my best to help out the team. But I don't win alot. Take a look at the Win/Loss ratio: its just plain sad.

Do I care? Not really...

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-08-16 17:54:13)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Well it appears that there are a good number of people that don't agree with you on the winning part.
And those kids will be back in school soon.
ChyneseGUY
+20|6507
i dont like losing for no particular reason, but if im having a good time then it doesnt really matter. All that matters to me is getting more kills then deaths, then i dont care if we completely owned the other team or we lost by 300-0. The only time i would care if i lost would be if i was actually working with my team and at the last 10 tickets or so i get swapped to the other team and lose. Now THAT really sucks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard