Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Ok here is the situation. I can not access bf2s.com though my computer here in Tampa, Fl  USA. I can get to every other site on the net but this one. I have tried from 3 different computers from 3 different locations. The only way I am able to access it now is by going through a server I have hosted in Dallas,Tx via logmein.com . Other members of my clan can get here and they are located in different sections of the US. I have cleaned all of my temp interenet files/cookies and have tried different browsers. Also, like I said, different computers from different locations..

Please tell me I am not going crazy...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6861|Cologne, Germany

hmm. Don't know. I can access this page fine, from work and home, and have been able to from the start.

But I know we have been having troubles with our DNS server over the last couple of days, causing temporary offline periods for the site. Maybe it's somehow connected with that.

duKor ?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

B.Schuss wrote:

hmm. Don't know. I can access this page fine, from work and home, and have been able to from the start.

But I know we have been having troubles with our DNS server over the last couple of days, causing temporary offline periods for the site. Maybe it's somehow connected with that.

duKor ?
I am going to try a fourth computer and location today. If this doesnt work than I give up.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6617|Seattle

There's another thread under 'tech' about DNS errors that people are having. I'm one of them. I can access the site from home and from a computer in Malibu Cali, but not from my work's network. This has been going on all week and I'm going through bf2s withdrawls.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Yea I can get to bf2s.com from this ISP but not from my cable one at home.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6611|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Yeah I know a few people aswell who cannot access BF2s.com at all anymore.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Oh well, Tampa via Dallas for now ..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6617|Seattle

Kmarion wrote:

Oh well, Tampa via Dallas for now ..
And Seattle via Malibu
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6693|Houston, Texas
I am having this same issue. I can't load bf2s.com from home, but if I connect to a remote machine I can, and if I go to my parents house I can.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6867|-
Here is the temporary fix.

Browse to C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc and open the file titled "hosts" in notepad.

You should see this line at the bottom:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Copy and paste these underneath that line:

64.151.80.188 static.bf2s.com
64.151.80.188 ubar.bf2s.com
64.151.80.188 bf2s.com
64.151.80.188 forums.bf2s.com

Viola, bf2s.com now works again.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6541
Thanks triggerhappy... It worked! I can finally access the site again WOOT! I had to use a fuckin arabic proxy to even GET the site to work.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6647|Warlord
I've been having problems connecting from home for the last week or so; sometimes it'll work after I try it again and again but yesterday and a couple of other days I couldn't get it to load, period.

Same thing earlier but just now, obviously, it did work. What's the cause of this?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6617|Seattle

I just installed Opera and went to bf2s. It worked. Now my IE works too.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

King_County_Downy wrote:

I just installed Opera and went to bf2s. It worked. Now my IE works too.
DNS resolved itself... I can get here now, I didnt edit any files.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6693|Houston, Texas
I will attempt this when I get home. I will say though that when I manually entered in the ip address in the address bar in IE, the page did not load correctly. Hopefully this will work!
PBG-CANCER
+0|6776
I can only get bf2s to load about once a day after many attempts.  Been going on for about a week now.  I finally got in the site to post this.  The funny this is... after you get "The Page Cannot Be Dispayed" error, do a search for "www.bf2s.com"  on MSN/Google and you will end up getting NO results... like the address doesnt even exist.  So whatever the problem is...its not on our end...its bf2s thats having DNS problems since even the search engines cant find this site.  Then, magically, all goes back to normal for a very short time (like now).  If I try to access bf2s in an hour, it wont load.  I was thinking that EA was causing the stats problems since a patch is fixing to come out, but that shouldnt affect the bf2s homepage from loading.  So, something is definatly up.
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6693|Houston, Texas
It worked! I'm on at home thanks!
sergentjoe
+1|6483
Is there a firewall blocking access?
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6656|Canada
We'll make an official news announcement about this DNS problem in a while here. As I said in another thread, this issue will cease happening to people fairly soon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard