DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone
USMC sniper on sharqi full 64 player map.
Hide on top of buildings and when the noobs come to capture flags and go prone, jump down on them and stab them in the back. Thats basically how i got my 19 IAR, yes remember when the requirements for expert where actually expert... well yeah, as soon as you get the hang of it knife kills become really easy.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Nice to see so many replies Sadly, no knife today - hopefully tomorrow!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Still haven't recieved this - very hard to get 7, best I have got is 6 and I got awarded the Purple Heart lol. Will keep trying.
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6712|Switzerland
Take your time and don't run into them like a maniac... then you can avoid the next purple heart...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
No no, I don't just burst in - I wait for opportune moments. Most of the time 2 people were capping, and I only saw the one. Commander in last night's game sucked so much, wouldn't do anything except artillery in the same place over and over again - wouldn't respond to uavs, vehicle drops, supply crates - even namecalling
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6712|Switzerland
OK. What else u can do, because u have plenty of time until 20'000 points and 200 hrs ist take your time...have to say it again, but in an other meaning...

If u see, that a round will not be a good one, because yiu have a shitty commander, that never sends u uav's, then do something else and try it in another round...
DSRTurtle
+56|6676
Keep trying and good luck.  Your using the right tactics on the maps.  Maybe try it on Mastuur City as well. 

I actually got my basic on GhostTown.  Vet was easier to get on Karkand as I got those before the requirements changed. 

Wake Island might be a place to try if the US captures the airfield quickly.  Lots of people love to go sniper and lie prone for you.  But you have to be sneaky and creative to get to the snipers.

Warlord is another good map.  Find a less travel route in the palace and wait for victims to go by without seeing you.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6700|austria
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Thanks for the help guys ^__^

I will take my time +1 for most.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6511|Austin, Texas
I personally got mine on Ghost Town. Basic and Veteran in one stab. SF maps are good for the knife badge. You can use grappling hooks and zip lines to stalk prey for knife kills. Also, try hiding at popular corners, or always going the long way to stab someone. If you walk the main streets, you are very likely to get shot down.

Also, the night maps on SF are invaluable for this. Night Flight is really great, I literally stepped over several enemies without them noticing.

Don't get discouraged. It took me at least 10 tries to get this. Ended up with 4-5 6-knife rounds. It felt really good finally getting it. I got my last 2 kills stabbing two guys at once in a corridor.

If you want to go vanilla, try Sharqi or Karkand.

A good strategy for kniving is to remember spawn points. Like if the enemy had taken City Entrance at sharqi, get up on that pink building to the side of the flag. Chances are, you will get several knife kills.

At Karkand, stay in alleyways, avoid the streets. Go around the enemy and sneak up from the behind. Like in that little section of karkand with those box-like structures. The one that everyone sits in right in front of the hotel. Go in from the east side, and you can get at least 3-4 kills before anyone notices you. I do this regularly for shottie kills.

Whatever you do, don't give up.

Last edited by MadKatter (2006-08-19 15:39:59)

SGT.Slayero
+98|6456|Life in a vacuum sucks

leetkyle wrote:

.. is too damn hard to get! I've taken most people's advice for going 64 man Karkand with about 20 people in it so the rounds last for really long, and a 64 Kark with 64 players in it! Best I have ever got is 6.. In which, I got awarded the Purple Heart for the SECOND time lol ^__^ had like 30 deaths because even the snipers saw me a'comin'!

How'd you get yours? I mean, vet and ex. will be easy, as there is no IAR requirements..

edit// reason why I need this is because I don't want to become a Master Gunnery It's the only thing left that I don't have in basic.. also need it for Combat Infantry as I've done about 100 hours already..
get on a knife only sever DUH!!
t3hhax
Banned
+4|6458
Ok go on 64 karkand and set up macros to prone crouch and hop around the map and bunny hop whatever and knife them..or go into a knife server but not fair..or go on a wake server be commander spot out snipers so u know where there at they snink up behind them and knife.
DSRTurtle
+56|6676

SGT.Slayero wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

.. is too damn hard to get! I've taken most people's advice for going 64 man Karkand with about 20 people in it so the rounds last for really long, and a 64 Kark with 64 players in it! Best I have ever got is 6.. In which, I got awarded the Purple Heart for the SECOND time lol ^__^ had like 30 deaths because even the snipers saw me a'comin'!

How'd you get yours? I mean, vet and ex. will be easy, as there is no IAR requirements..

edit// reason why I need this is because I don't want to become a Master Gunnery It's the only thing left that I don't have in basic.. also need it for Combat Infantry as I've done about 100 hours already..
get on a knife only sever DUH!!
Fail
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland

DSRTurtle wrote:

Fail
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6513
ill get it on your account if you want     +1 for your troubles
Not
Great success!
+216|6567|Chandler, AZ
Got my expert before the patch took out the IAR requirement, and I didn't do it on a KP server, I did it on a regular 32 man Sharqi round.

It's something that some people are good at. It's also a matter of luck. Never go head to head, you just have to find people who aren't paying attention and get behind them. Take routes that people aren't looking for people to be on. In every map there are bottlenecks where every noob runs through, avoid those and try to be unpredictable. Also, Karkand is one of the  tougest maps to do that on in my opinion because there's so much armor on a 64 man Karkand that a lot of people will be in it when few players are in the server. Very few knife opportunities there.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6642
1) Use the knife, and ONLY the knife the entire round...

2) I prefer medic as you can heal yourself before your next attack. (some prefer sniper because it is not as easy to tell if friend or foe)

3) The UAV is your friend (try to stay around/near where the action is).

4) Get into a squad and tell them you are going for knife, if there are any medics they can have your back to revive and prevent you from getting any more purple hearts.

5) Sneak up, sprint and attack slightly BEFORE you get to your opponet, because of lag you will hit them.

If all else fails jump around like a chicken with your head cut off....good luck.
Jeromez
+1|6540
keep on trying and one day it will be the day you will receive your basic knifes badge m8.

GL
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Thanks for all the help +1'ed most of you.
DSRTurtle
+56|6676
let us know when you get it.
Scr0k
A clown killed my dad
+47|6505|Alabama
Alls you have to do is just be MEC on a 64 Karkand and at the start of the round, sneak behind enemy lines (thats the hard part) and sit at one of the spawnpoints at the right uncappable building and knife the people that spawn.
djjaass1
+2|6450
i just got the badge.. i was in a KNIVES-ONLY server, 47 kills in 15 minutes isnt that bad..
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6477|Melbourne

Well, i got mine on wake.  I played as medic chucking healing bags on the ground and always having one in my hand and i would rush the enemy from the side, make sure you have sprint left, your a lot harder to hit if you are sprinting and use the medic packs to heal you after you hamilation kill, i got 16 knifes in one round of just knifing in WAKE not Karkand.  Try it it might just work for you.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
choyta
+2|6476
As someone who also needs this badge I want to thank leetkyle for starting the thread and all posters. Some handy tidbits here.
Scr0k
A clown killed my dad
+47|6505|Alabama

djjaass1 wrote:

i just got the badge.. i was in a KNIVES-ONLY server, 47 kills in 15 minutes isnt that bad..
Noob please. Don't do that dude that is the lowest thing in bf2 next to stad padding. Knives-Only servers should be banned and everyone in them should have their stats wiped. If not all their stats than their pistol/knife stats.

Yeah sure i've been in a knife/pistol server, but only to teamkill every motherf***er in their for stat padding.

-558 and im proud of it.

Last edited by Scr0k (2006-08-21 17:52:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard