The_Lone_N00b
+2|6774
How the fuck do you get this?

I'm on an 18 player Karkand server, same palce I easily got Basic and Vet, but Expert seems impossible

Any tips?
Transkohr
+0|6644
I got mine on sharq camping a the southern most penisula flag.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6731|Honolulu, HI
You're not going to like this answer, but it takes skill as well as a lot of luck.  Playing on servers with lots of players gives you a lot of easier targets but tickets will go down faster.  With less players, ticket counts are more static, but the ratio of vehicles to infantry increases so you have very few potential targets.

Camping spawns (on servers that don't prohibit it) can give you a few (if very cheap) knife kills at the expense of your pride, but hey, it works.

Bottom line: don't worry about it.  If you're good with the knife 18 kills will happen sooner or later.  Good luck!

Edit: love the sig.  "Run home, Peter, run as fast as you can!" *Happy music* *BANG!* "Ahhhhhh....ssssshhhh....Ahhhhh..."

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2006-04-07 20:32:08)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6622
Play on knife & pistol server with maxium players of 16. I think those servers has got long rounds, and because everybody has knife or pistol it can't be too hard to get it.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6731|Honolulu, HI

Hacial wrote:

Play on knife & pistol server with maxium players of 16. I think those servers has got long rounds, and because everybody has knife or pistol it can't be too hard to get it.
Uhh, not that I support EA's decision to make this an offense worthy of stat wiping, but that's the way it is.  EA considers ranked knife/pistol servers a form of stat padding (makes the knife/pistol badges sort of a joke, after all) so consider yourself warned.
Daysniper
+42|6638
3 words:

Knife/Pistol only
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6754|Chicago.
All you have to do is this.

Always walk with your main weapon out. And try to play normally. But if you see a guy, and he dosen't see you, make sure that you have at least 5 seconds to act w/o being shot at *this is my personal rule of thumb*.
If you have those 5 seconds, pull out your knife and stab away. Suprise him, its the best way. You want to use suprise as it is your best tactic. Use stealth when you can, and after you get good at it, then you'll get the badge.  Took me 2 days to get mine.

Good Luck...

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2006-04-08 08:59:15)

ssonrats
+221|6648
I have heard time and time again that a 64 karkand or Sharqui is best, but the map which i received mine was Wake Island, there are so many snipers on Wake Island.

I got mine by creeping to the bottom of the hills then running up to find a couple of snipers, then butcher em'.
Of course this is far easier UAV aided and also because you can quite easily identify a sniper (stood still under UAV). When your'e last flag is the Airfield there is usually a couple of people near the busted up plane.

Im sure the other maps are also good to get this badge, i just prefer Wake.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6813|Nårvei

If u think exp knife is difficult - try vet and exp explosives *sigh*

Karkand or sharq 64 map with few players is the best !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RockySAD
+1|6619
ive got one
just search the word "knife" in the server search while saying join internet... there will be servers that are knife and pistol only;-) good luck!
The_Lone_N00b
+2|6774
I got it
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6743|England
I'll get mine legit thanks, dont agree with knife/pistol servers....I may never get it but at least Im not cheating myself
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6795
Here's a tip I found useful when getting my vet knife - on Kirkand, kill someone in the alleys and then lie down on them and knife the meds when they come to revive him.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6713|austria
https://forumpics.info/d/1498-2/huooyc.jpg

the SEARCH button is one of the biggest buttons u have ever seen on a forum!
i think this is the 32513563245624268456875683658356853683568468346824 post with the same fu**ing question!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6743|England
oh noes!! its the 'search police'!!
WolfkillerXIII
+0|6629

aardfrith wrote:

Here's a tip I found useful when getting my vet knife - on Kirkand, kill someone in the alleys and then lie down on them and knife the meds when they come to revive him.
Heh yeah I was gonna say...sneak behind their medics. Sometimes they won't notice you til you killed 3 of their revived, then you can get them too! Still working on my own expert of course...
ImaMedic
+1|6770|Where ever there's wounded
How I got expert knife badge-

Be a kit with a lot of stamina like sniper or medic.

Know the map well and where enemy troops congregate and also use the minimap at the top of your screen.

Now heres the tricky but exhilerating part. Once you know where groups of soldiers are, Go around and flank

them. Intermingle inside the group and stab as many as you can. Chances are you can 2-3 and sometimes

4-5 of them in the chaos you ensue. Rinse and repeat. Works best in tight spaces like the hotel in Karkand.

Note- There is also and element of luck in this. It took me about 3 tough tries to get it. It also takes some time to get good at shanking but you'll be a better player because of it.

HAPPY STABBING!!!!!!!!!!

ImaMedic (Lammy001)
KStryker
+1|6709|New York

The_Lone_N00b wrote:

How the fuck do you get this?

I'm on an 18 player Karkand server, same palce I easily got Basic and Vet, but Expert seems impossible

Any tips?
Dude practice ur dolphin dives, remember this...Karkand, camp hotel, make sure enemy has control of that cap and nothing else...stay in areas where people spawn...and dolphin dive em...play sniper...drop claymores where u know people spawn since new patch wont blow up friendlies unless they are next to an ememy...the new patch gives us advantages...take use of it
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6692|London, UK
iam trying to get my vet badge and its impossible i have got 5 kills all the time, these noobs would rather shoot u then knife u, god knows how many times i have jumped inside the person iam knifing like mad and then get killed bloody pisses me off, but i will succeed.

btw when u throw flashbangs do they not work ppl seem to be unaffected by it

if u ask some1 for a knife fight is that stat padding?

Last edited by bullit (2006-04-11 14:30:27)

binloading4ever
+0|6671|Netherlands
You should be a Sniper. Because their looks are the same as the sniper of the enemy. Because of this the enemy does not always see you as their enemy. For the rest, good luck. Thats what u need.
flyingsquirrel3
+8|6606
Ok i'll give you all the place where you can hide to get it.
1st: ALWAYS be a medic to get this, like that you can heal yourself and you got more sprint.
Sprint is better then armor because even with armor you'll be a dead chicken if you dont have enough sprint to reach the guy.

Karkand, 12-20 / 64 players (MEC team): get to the usmc place where everyone spawn (the one at left when you look at US base) and just prone between the rock and the fence in front of that little building. When a guy pass, sprint and kill.

Sharqi same kind of server: spawn at the US outpost near the MEC armor spawn and climb the mountain then kill the bunch of snipers from behind, then go behind spawn spots of that outpost and kill the guys, i killed the same guy 5 times in a row with knife doing this.

Karkand again 64 slots with not many ppl: Be US then go to the outpost at the right of US base when your at hotel (the other then the last one) and go to the narrow corridor where MEC spawn and kill em.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard