chuuby
+19|6620
evil_styx on how they could get nukes into the us. easy go to mexico then cross the border. we cant even keep people from crossing the border so i dont think our alertness is very good at all.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6677|Moscow, Russia

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i guess a lot of people never read the opening post
I did.
JG1567JG
+110|6590|United States of America

ryan_14 wrote:

stupid, i thought this was about 1.4
It is.  If 1.4 comes out on the 22 it will lead to all this other stuff that has been posted.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
VIENNA, Austria -        Iran has turned away U.N. inspectors wanting to examine its underground nuclear site in an apparent violation of the Nonproliferation Treaty, diplomats and U.N. officials said Monday.

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the confidentiality of the information, told The Associated Press that Iran's unprecedented refusal to allow access to the facility at Natanz could seriously hamper international efforts to ensure that Tehran is not trying to make nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, Iran's supreme leader said Tehran will pursue nuclear technology despite a        U.N. Security Council deadline to suspend uranium enrichment by the end of the month or face the threat of economic and diplomatic sanctions.

"The Islamic Republic of Iran has made its own decision and in the nuclear case, God willing, with patience and power, will continue its path," said Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, according to state television.

His declaration came on the eve of Iran's self-imposed Tuesday deadline to respond to a Western incentives package for it to roll back its nuclear program. The        United Nations has given Tehran until the end of August to suspend uranium enrichment.

Khamenei accused the United States of putting pressure on Iran despite Tehran's assertions that its nuclear program was peaceful. "Arrogant powers and the U.S. are putting their utmost pressure on Iran while knowing Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons," he said.

Iran said Sunday it will offer a "multifaceted response" to the incentives proposal. It insisted that it won't suspend uranium enrichment altogether.

At a news conference Monday,        President Bush said the United States is getting an inkling of Tehran's response.

"We are beginning to get some indication, but we'll wait until they have a formal response," Bush said. "Dates are fine, but what really matters is will. And one of the things I will continue to remind our friends and allies is the danger of a nuclear-armed Iran."

The U.N. Security Council passed a resolution last month requiring the halt to enrichment under threat of economic and diplomatic sanctions.

Also Monday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel pressed for a "solid answer" from Iran on the package.

"I still hope that it will be positive, although some signals have been very confused," said Merkel, whose country drew up the package with the five permanent Security Council members.

The proposal includes promises that the United States and Europe will provide civilian nuclear technology and that Washington will join direct talks with Iran.

Tehran says uranium enrichment does not violate any of its obligations under the Nonproliferation Treaty, and that its nuclear program aims to produce electricity.

But U.N. officials suggested that its refusal to allow        International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors access to the underground nuclear site being built at Natanz was in itself a violation of the treaty because it contravenes Tehran's commitment under the pact to inform the Vienna-based watchdog of the progress of such projects.

Khamenei accused the West of wanting to obstruct scientific progress in the Islamic world and called for Islamic countries to stand together in the face of such pressure.
Its officially August 22nd in Tehran. I'm assuming they would have breakfast before they destroy whomever. Would an eta of around evening prayers be a good time to feel better about my chances of continuing to exist ? ^^
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6467|Inside my APC
i hate getting up in the morning for work, can they do it before breakfast?
BVC
+325|6697
Its been the 22nd here for just over 12 hours now, we'll have to wait til the 23rd to find out!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Jainus wrote:

Flecco wrote:

In all honesty I can't see a nuclear war breaking out. Iran knows the consequences and I do believe that at least some people in the population wouldn't stand for the complete destruction of their region just for one attack on the US of A/Israel or whoever else they want to send nukes to (Europe and the UK....).
The people your talking about believe that when they blow the shit out of themselves, Allah will save them and give them a cozy spot in Paradise... why exactly do you think they'll be afraid to die? MAD isn't a deterrent against people who would like nothing better then to sacrifice themselves for the 'Glory of God'.

And as an aside, the US would send their missiles, the Brits might do too... who else would? The French would have a cigarette, the Russians would probably veto the US imperialist policy, the Indians and the Pakistani's would probably blow each other up (just in case of a secret attack...) and the North Koreans would probably sit there and say "do you have any idea how fucking busy i am!!"
In any case it wont reach that point. The US and the "Coalition of the Willing" as they named us will disarm them first. We don't train the SAS, Aus SASR, Delta Force, SEALs and all the other special forces units everybody brags about for nothing.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

Pubic wrote:

Its been the 22nd here for just over 12 hours now, we'll have to wait til the 23rd to find out!
nothing is going to happen. Iran is years from even developping nuclear weapons capabilities needed for a strike against Israel.

It took them 15 years to enrich Uranium enough for it to be used in a power plant, and they just barely met the requirements. and weapons-grade Uranium is a totally different story. 22-08-2006 ? More like 22-08-2011, is you ask me. Enough time to convince the peaceful iranians to get rid of their freaky President...
Jainus
+30|6578|Herts, UK

Flecco wrote:

In any case it wont reach that point. The US and the "Coalition of the Willing" as they named us will disarm them first. We don't train the SAS, Aus SASR, Delta Force, SEALs and all the other special forces units everybody brags about for nothing.
Yeah, because there were no Liberals (or any else for that matter) speaking out against the last time the 'Coalition of the Willing' took to the field was there? And its not like there's a lack of political will to do it again...

Oh wait! There is no will to do it and there is a small voice of a few million people both inside and outside the Coalition that would speak (and possibly act, MEC anyone?) against another war.

So yeah, your right; the chances of it all happening are so small i could make a few pennies betting on it before the mushroom cloud got too bad. What planet are you on at the moment?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
those crazy persians are at it again
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6467|Inside my APC
hands up if you got nuked today? don't be shy.

seriously,
so.... has anything happened yet?

I understand Iran wants to talk, but not stop enrichment?

Why don't they just stop the enrichment, nuclear power is pants. all that radioactive waste laying around for hundreds/thousands of years.

The gains they will get from stopping will outweigh the gains they MIGHT get from nuclear power (if they can get it to work without a Chernobyl repeat)
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=40654

i dont know why the hell people are talking about being nuked today.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6733|Peoria, Illinois

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=40654

i dont know why the hell people are talking about being nuked today.
For all we know, they just made a blood pact with each other that today is the day they start a holy war along side Al Queda. Maybe this news about them accepting talks about the nukes is the beginning of some large scale deception to provoke war.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
why the hell did they decide to seize oil rigs over a commercial dispute on this day specifically.  its propaganda value for iran's citizens. 

even though the shooting started in 1939, ww2 started years before that.
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6467|Inside my APC
The Iran government sure do love their propaganda, its the only way they can control their citizens...fucking mind games, make them think Iran is the best.

if they knew the truth, i doubt they would stand for thier own total annihilation, because of the governments aggressive actions against the west and Israel.

this on the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 995350.stm

Last edited by the_hitman_kills (2006-08-22 12:40:40)

BVC
+325|6697
So they've made their announcement....same old shit.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695

Lisik wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Lisik: Yes, but it has recieved broader usage now.  It is also used as a general term for the end of the world, not necessarily with religious connotations.
i just say were the word comes from, and what stand behind it!

today we use it as term for end of the world, yes... nuclear war(stone age) for us its end of the world, but it dosent mean that planet erth will desapear...
Dude....I'm a jew too, but honestly stop spreading the word of religion, it is a bunch of crap, right now you sound no better the the arabs....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard