stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

im a pilot mostly these days. if i see a corporal running for the chopper, i will take the drivers seat, hoping that i can do most of the work.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
Hell, I wouldn't trust that corporal, stryyker. The other day, I was flying with a friend as a gunner in Mass Destruction where we were doing very well against the Rebels when some PFC was waiting at our helipad on the HJ-8 which he promptly slammed into the side of our repairing Hind. Needless to say, some people can't take "no" for an answer.
Not
Great success!
+216|6577|Chandler, AZ
Any of you gunners ever need a pilot just add my xfire and hit me up if I'm around. I'll fly you into a 150 point round on Sharqi any day.
ReGmAn78
+16|6647|Alberta, Canada

Not wrote:

Any of you gunners ever need a pilot just add my xfire and hit me up if I'm around. I'll fly you into a 150 point round on Sharqi any day.
LOL ^^^
Septimius2
+9|6469
i would TRY to pilot if i had a joystick... i dont yet.. would a cheap one for just piloting and tank driving work?  im not a JS person  lol
Not
Great success!
+216|6577|Chandler, AZ
Flying with a mouse and keyboard in a chopper lets you make so much more precise adjustments anyway. I refuse to chopper pilot with a joystick. A jet on the other hand, well, yeah you've gotta have a joystick.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6722|Oregon
i started as a pilot, became a kickass gunner, and ive been flying more and more recently....i usually end up with more points than my gunner, cause 70-80% of them are RETARDS, even when im yelling at them over squad voip where the tank thats right in their sights is...omg.

well, if anyone wants to heli whore, hit me up on xfire. (whiskeyokober)
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6537|Search Whore killing fields

8ball wrote:

DirtyMexican wrote:

Im great with the Tv missle and the Machine gun.. Im an ok pilot but I suaully get those gunners were if theres a full BH thye are going to miss everytime so after 2 trys from them Ill just ram it
wow what skill it takes to ram
i wish i were as good as u
your mom sure likes to ram. Oh  snap I need to call 911 for that burn
comet241
+164|6765|Normal, IL
i thank bluegoose for his props on my chopper skills. I do indeed have over 200 hours in the chopper, of which literally 98-99% of the time is piloting. but i am a team player. i hate chopper pilots who refuse to take gunners, or treat them as mere passengers. the whole flippin point of the attack chopper is the gunner!!!!! the pilots missles are mostly for cover fire or hitting the targets the gunner misses. i have over 10,000 kills with the chopper, but i have over 10,000 driver points too. a good chopper pilot will always line up for the tanks and apc's, let loose some covering missles while the gunner reloads or switches to guns and gets his bearings.... and you will rule the battlefield..... the pilots job is to line the gunner up and keep both of you alive, beyond that, any kills are if the gunner misses something or you are just laying covering fire. teamwork is the name of this game.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
I always solo now unless with friends. I don't actually kill my gunners, but cos I nearly always play on wake as american, i fly to the boat hanger and wait for tehm to get out. simple. i can solo better and get a better score than with any gunner noob.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England

comet241 wrote:

.... teamwork is the name of this game.
Actually it isn't. If you can easily solo, then why put up with every noob that appears, and only get the good gunner once in a hundred rounds, when you can be the gunner as well as fly. It means you can fly where you want, know what you're going for, and know what to shoot. Not waiting for some dick to shoot a pack off three tanks with the mg.
phnxfrhwk
+14|6673|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
I usually find myself in the pilots seat most of the time, but I like to think I'm a halfway decent gunner(when i find a decent pilot that is, Ive been known to get some good points out of it). I'm not the greatest I know but I do try and when I see armor is straight to TV.
But as far as the piloting thing goes some gunners I find aren't used to the different types of flying. Personally I prefer to sit just a bit further back smooth it out and let the gunner do the work. This is where a gunner with good communications skills come in handy. I like to use xfire with my buddy and we usually rack up the kills. Provided we aren't dodging missiles/AA/planes/AT/machine gun fire all the time. I don't like putting this valuable resource in the thick of a firefight when I dint have to. Ill also be the first to admit that me and my buddy spent many a hours on a local server just so we could figure out where that little TV box would be lined up at from the pilots view. But if you don't have xfire Join up on the squad and the games voip and if not use that commo rose. the gunners have a way better field of view and if your just looking back and fourth popping off rounds Ill assume your just like the people in the BH's that fire it off when your still on the carrier. But just say something anything to get my attention and Ill fly the way your looking. Also I try to spot the enemy chopper off in the distance so the gunner can focus on the ground. But if I spot it keep in mind thats what I'm going after because its the most likely thing to take another chopper down without warning.  I followed a chopper today from the US ARTY on wake all the way back to the Chinese airfield and my gunner didn't even fire off a shot. Lined him up on tanks several times and all i hear is that damn gun. heck I hovered right behind the thing hoping he would get the hint but no.
But definitely agree Good Pilots are hard to find, and Good gunners are sometimes harder. But if you only have one(I'm not talking about solo piloting/gunning) its just a waste of a good attack chopper.

Last edited by phnxfrhwk (2006-08-16 14:33:26)

comet241
+164|6765|Normal, IL

Shadow893 wrote:

comet241 wrote:

Actually it isn't. If you can easily solo, then why put up with every noob that appears, and only get the good gunner once in a hundred rounds, when you can be the gunner as well as fly. It means you can fly where you want, know what you're going for, and know what to shoot. Not waiting for some dick to shoot a pack off three tanks with the mg.
wow, you may be one of the biggest noobs ive seen in a while here. Dont you see that a good gunner/pilot combo will beat a good solo pilot any day of the week???? you dont have to sit there and wait for your gunner to shoot, you line up for a second and if no shot, then you take it, maybe they didnt see it, maybe their gun jammed, it happens. but when you need it the most, your gunner is there for you always.....

for fun i checked out your stats. thats cool, 55 hours in a chopper. I have 205. you have 1500 kills and a ratio a little over 1 kill per death in that vehicle. I have almost 11,000 kills and so does my gunner (look at the driver points, about 99% of those are my gunner kills). on top of that, my kd ratio in the chopper is 3.72. add in my gunner kills and suddenly the two of us are killing about 7.5 people every time we go up in the air on average, while you are barely staying above a one..... hmmmm.... who is more effective there??? and this isn't to say that I am talented in the chopper. there are plenty of people who can fly better than i can. and i usually gun with people not on my teamspeak..... soooo.... need any more proof that a gunner/pilot combo is more effective than soloing, or do you still wanna act all macho like you can fly worth a shit?????

try actually flying with a gunner and acting as a team. get them on your squad and use voip, it's there for a reason. invite them to your teamspeak if you are on one, or ventrillo if you use that.... do anything, act as a team and maybe you will see the error in your statement that teamwork isn't the way to win in this game, and is more than needed to be an effective gunner/pilot team.
ReGmAn78
+16|6647|Alberta, Canada

comet241 wrote:

Shadow893 wrote:

comet241 wrote:

wow, you may be one of the biggest noobs ive seen in a while here. Dont you see that a good gunner/pilot combo will beat a good solo pilot any day of the week???? you dont have to sit there and wait for your gunner to shoot, you line up for a second and if no shot, then you take it, maybe they didnt see it, maybe their gun jammed, it happens. but when you need it the most, your gunner is there for you always.....

for fun i checked out your stats. thats cool, 55 hours in a chopper. I have 205. you have 1500 kills and a ratio a little over 1 kill per death in that vehicle. I have almost 11,000 kills and so does my gunner (look at the driver points, about 99% of those are my gunner kills). on top of that, my kd ratio in the chopper is 3.72. add in my gunner kills and suddenly the two of us are killing about 7.5 people every time we go up in the air on average, while you are barely staying above a one..... hmmmm.... who is more effective there??? and this isn't to say that I am talented in the chopper. there are plenty of people who can fly better than i can. and i usually gun with people not on my teamspeak..... soooo.... need any more proof that a gunner/pilot combo is more effective than soloing, or do you still wanna act all macho like you can fly worth a shit?????

try actually flying with a gunner and acting as a team. get them on your squad and use voip, it's there for a reason. invite them to your teamspeak if you are on one, or ventrillo if you use that.... do anything, act as a team and maybe you will see the error in your statement that teamwork isn't the way to win in this game, and is more than needed to be an effective gunner/pilot team.
I agree, i have flown the heli long enough that if i have a good pilot or a good gunner in my squad we will kill anything in sight, with good communication you can own them geeks spinning around like fools trying to self gun...along with jets and anything else..all though it can be tough to find someone who can line you up right if ur not playing with people u have before.  Having a bad pilot is hard to make up for but gunners that cant tv, just try to help them out and line them up good, its not hard to do.....
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
http://www.bf2s.com/player/46795576/

best pilot Ive had. Lines me up well.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands
If I leave Karkand for some variation, and enter an air map, I would most likely fill the chopper gunner seat. Like the topic starter said, there seem to be many people who don't understand how to fly a chopper correctly and that irritates me. So I move back to karkand and have my fun. Lol.
AsylumKo9
+2|6497|California

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Jump into Dalian Plant on single player, easiest difficulty, and learn how to fly the chopper there. Just have to cap the northern most flag for the chopper to appear. You can learn the PLA or US chopper on that map, so its all good.
Personally, I like SP Dragon Valley. The chopper is there from the get-go for both sides; the PLA even has a spawn point right next to it. Also, I don't have to baby-sit the flags as much. With Dalian, the Towers CP is almost always getting attacked as the AI on your team wander off and get killed.

Last edited by AsylumKo9 (2006-08-16 19:12:02)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals

AsylumKo9 wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Jump into Dalian Plant on single player, easiest difficulty, and learn how to fly the chopper there. Just have to cap the northern most flag for the chopper to appear. You can learn the PLA or US chopper on that map, so its all good.
Personally, I like SP Dragon Valley. The chopper is there from the get-go for both sides; the PLA even has a spawn point right next to it. Also, I don't have to baby-sit the flags as much. With Dalian, the Towers CP is almost always getting attacked as the AI on your team wander off and get killed.
I prefer co-op wake. Thats how i learned how to solo
Thumper
+10|6692

Shadow893 wrote:

I always solo now unless with friends. I don't actually kill my gunners, but cos I nearly always play on wake as american, i fly to the boat hanger and wait for tehm to get out. simple. i can solo better and get a better score than with any gunner noob.
Your a complete ASSHOLE
ReGmAn78
+16|6647|Alberta, Canada

Thumper wrote:

Shadow893 wrote:

Your a complete ASSHOLE
Agreed....whats ur game name Thumper?  Cause i could have alot of fun with this...
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

Lol, I like being in the mec chopper as gunner, requires not much skill but sadly almost every pilot I fly with sucks. I can give them 42 kills and then we switch, only for him to fly so low and fast I can't see shit so he flies against a tree... I don't say I'm an extreme pilot, but I usually can line up for a tv, don't hover too much and I know how to circle strafe.

Lately though I had a great pilot: First I got him 53 kills and then we died sadly (car/aa/AT combo) then we switched and I got 44 kills, needless to say we had gold and silver. the third person had like 18 kills... I love those days.
theoneandonly
+3|6534
i do believe comet just slapped shadow around a little bit. nice.... +1

if you're going to talk smack, you'd better be able to back it up

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard