_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6519|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
For wich of you who didnt signed up for the EA newslette
EA took an interview with {TA}Firestorm:

This month's Community Spotlight focuses on one of the most amazing Battlefield 2 players on the Internet.

According to his stats at BF2S.com, (Props, Jeff), {TA}FireStorm has logged over two thousand hours playing the game. That's more bullets, land mines and jeep patrols than you can shake a stick at.

The Battlefield Community Team (CT) got a chance to chat it up with FireStorm to see what keeps him drawn to Battlefield 2.

Community Team: How long have you been playing Battlefield?

FireStorm: I've been playing for about a year now. By far BF2 is the best in the BF series

CT: Of all the Expansions and Booster Packs, which is your favorite to play and why?

FireStorm: I like Battlefield 2: Special Forces, but stick to BF2 most. It seems to be the most intense for close combat.

CT: You've logged over 2,000 hours playing the game. How often do you play Battlefield and for how long on average?

FireStorm: I play almost every day. During my down time I average 7-12 hours a day and a few 20-27 hour via lan games. My normal play is around 4-6 hours per day.

CT: Holy smoke! So what are your ideal gaming conditions? Do you have a preferred team, vehicle or weapons set you like to do combat with?

FireStorm: I like a little bit of everything except aircraft. Mostly I play as a Sniper, or Medic. Yet I'll mix it up a lot depending on my squad and our objective. I'm looking forward to the release of 1.4 and its new map so I can get more then just Karkand without aircraft.

CT: Having put so much time into the game, what are some special techniques and tips that you can share for new players and others who want to improve their game.

FireStorm: The best tip I can give a new player is don't let the older players discourage you in your attempts at a fun game. Play the game fair and the way you like it. Every person is different and everyone should play there own role.

CT: That's good advice. Given the amount of time you've put in on Battlefield, this may be a silly question. But what other games do you enjoy playing?

FireStorm: I play a bit of F.E.A.R, Half-Life 2 and CSS. But my time is limited during the season and I play BF2 whenever i can. I'm also involved in the testing of PoE2 a conversion mod of BF2 where I spend most of my evenings these days.

CT: You're quite the gamer! In closing, are there any special call outs you'd like to make to friends and/or clan mates?

FireStorm: I would like to thank Moongamers for letting me call their servers home. I would like to thank the guys over at PoE2 for letting me be part of their crew in the testing of a great upcoming mod.

I would also like to thank everyone involved in BF2 and its future for giving me and the public such a addictive game.

CT: On behalf of EA & DICE, you're most welcome. Thanks for your time, FireStorm. We'll be ducking your bullets online.

-----------------------------------------------------
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6708|California

firestorm = lose

i want them to interview NITRO
stef10
+173|6470|Denmark
It has already been linked. So much spam.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6708|California

stef10 wrote:

It has already been linked. So much spam.
not contributing to the conversation is also considered spam
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6667|Denver, CO
CT: Sorry about that reset a while back...
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6518|UK

stryyker wrote:

firestorm = lose

is NITRO the guy who does all the hacking vids
jord
+2,382|6666|The North, beyond the wall.
Bullshit.I could rewrite that for him if i wasn't ill and could be bothered.

Last edited by jord (2006-08-11 11:43:23)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6708|California

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

stryyker wrote:

firestorm = lose

is NITRO the guy who does all the hacking vids
roger that
SoC./Omega
+122|6529|Omaha, Nebraska!
firestorm is a nerd to play this game that long every day =/
jord
There,i decided to rewrite abit of it.

CT: Of all the Expansions and Booster Packs, which is your favorite to play and why?

Firestorm:Well i enjoy normal BF2 as i feel that i can get the most points on Karkand.

CT: You've logged over 2,000 hours playing the game. How often do you play Battlefield and for how long on average?

Firestorm:Well contrary to belief i actually don't play that much,um i idle and admin,yes idle...

CT: Holy smoke! So what are your ideal gaming conditions? Do you have a preferred team, vehicle or weapons set you like to do combat with?

Firestorm:I like to Command,end of.Doesn't matter what kit i am,I'm comfortable sitting 500 meters away from the action dropping artillery and people.Oh and when i first started i got killed by Jets and Heli's so i gave up on every air map.

CT: That's good advice. Given the amount of time you've put in on Battlefield, this may be a silly question. But what other games do you enjoy playing?

Firestorm:I find time to play CSS,all though the lack of commanding pulls me away from it.

CT: You're quite the gamer! In closing, are there any special call outs you'd like to make to friends and/or clan mates?

Firestorm:HEY to all my friends!Especially Moongamers!I couldn't kick people when they switch teams because they don't like playing as a certain army without you guys!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6683|Howell, Mi USA

FireStorm: I like a little bit of everything, mostly medic whoring on 24/7 Karkand. What do u mean ideal conditions? i was only aware this game had 1 map.....

j/k
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6615|UK

INCSOC wrote:

lol
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6674|Hell's prison

INCSOC wrote:

Firestorm: Oh its ok, it took a couple days, but after the crying, and intervention from my mom with my attempted suicide, they finally took the leather straps off after they were sure I could play with a bowling ball without trying to smash myself in the testicles with it.  I tell you what, the day i got reset, I put a gun to my head, it was a very dark time for me, thankfully my mom made her chocolate chip cookies that day and took my mind off my tear soaked pillow for a few hours.  I love you mom, I'll always be your woogums.

Last edited by d3v1ldr1v3r13 (2006-08-11 11:58:56)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6674|Hell's prison

SoC./Omega wrote:

firestorm is a nerd to play this game that long every day =/
My computer would overheat and melt.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6647| United States of America

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

Firestorm: Oh its ok, it took a couple days, but after the crying, and intervention from my mom with my attempted suicide, they finally took the leather straps off after they were sure I could play with a bowling ball without trying to smash myself in the testicles with it.  I tell you what, the day i got reset, I put a gun to my head, it was a very dark time for me, thankfully my mom made her chocolate chip cookies that day and took my mind off my tear soaked pillow for a few hours.  I love you mom, I'll always be your woogums.
Firestorm=Emo?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6708|California

firestorm = 60+ years old
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6764
Roflcakes!
gameaddict
+35|6668|let op drempels
wow firestorm is nerd this ah firestorm cries when he got reset dudes you are talking about HIS game hours and stuff who is more nerd??
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6667|Denver, CO

tvmissleman wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

Firestorm=Emo?
Emostorm?

lol @ d3v1ldr1v3r13 & jord
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6674|Hell's prison
I think him, with some of us older, with jobs, family and kids maybe.  Logging that many hours a day, even on a weekend is completely out of the question.  First our wives own our dicks, our kids and wives own our wallet, and our ass belongs to our jobs....whos more nerd?
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6667|Denver, CO

gameaddict wrote:

wow firestorm is nerd this ah firestorm cries when he got reset dudes you are talking about HIS game hours and stuff who is more nerd??
whoa... i get dumber just reading this

I THINK you meant this:

WOW.  "Firestorm is nerd," this.... "Ahhh Firestorm cries when he got reset," that... Dudes... you are talking about HIS game hours and stuff... Who is more nerd?? I am not... but I AM so manly even my sentances don't have periods

or maybe....

Wow Firestorm is nerd.... This ah Firestorm... *cries* ... When HE got reset Dudes.... You are talking about HIS.... game hours and STUFF... who is more??? nerd??

Last edited by INCSOC (2006-08-11 12:25:25)

jord

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

I think him, with some of us older, with jobs, family and kids maybe.  Logging that many hours a day, even on a weekend is completely out of the question.  First our wives own our dicks, our kids and wives own our wallet, and our ass belongs to our jobs....whos more nerd?
Ahh but what you fail to realize is he is older than you.

He's retired!!!!Woo twilight years down the drain!
d3v1ldr1v3r13
+160|6674|Hell's prison

jord wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Touche'
gameaddict
+35|6668|let op drempels

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

jord wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Touche'
ok ok but who says he has all that i mean if you dont have all that are you immediately a nerd??
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6694|Antarctica
I want them to interview NASTIE_BUTLER, now that would be interesting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard