ECH
+50|6634|Some where near you
Have you noticed better game play with your C2D setup then before?
topthrill05
+125|6569|Rochester NY USA
Does that even help BF2 at all? I heard BF2 hates duel core.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic
With a AMD X2 you have to install a updated CPU driver to make things work better, otherwise you get the "There is a problem with your connection" message all the time, maybe we all just need to update our drivers and 1.3 will work.

But yea, I found that Bf2 played no differently, just doing other stuff while playing BF2 didn't slow it down.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-08-08 20:47:38)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6743|Toronto, ON
I don't think any of us have a Core 2 Duo system yet.  People are still pre-ordering.
Alpha as fuck.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic

Nyte wrote:

I don't think any of us have a Core 2 Duo system yet.  People are still pre-ordering.
The E6700 is out already I think

Edit:  http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/114714

Last edited by Towelly (2006-08-08 20:56:38)

GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6754

I just installed my chip yesterday... it's been a while since I've been so impressed by a computer component. Everything seems speedier, but I don't know if it's just the higher speed, or if the chip is just more efficient. Either way, Core 2 is the way to go.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
core 2 duo would defitnantly give you a lot of boosts though
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

mine is still sitting on a shelf in New York, waiting to be shipped to me.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

core 2 duo would defitnantly give you a lot of boosts though
Yea, it's a pity my CPU didn't get fried when the rest of my computer did (don't ask me why it didn't, I have no clue) I'd have a core duo over a X2 right now.
ECH
I have  a E6700.  I thought more people had them.  Anyhow I noticed a big boost in performance from a P4 setup.  In game it's a whole lot smoother and faster.  Shot recognition is a whole lot better now.  Sniping hasn't been this much fun since playing with bots LOL.  More of my 1 shot kills register but there are times when I don't get that kill message.  I'm crouched waiting for him to make a move...I peep up and he's dead...LOL.  Man I feel dumb sometimes because that message doesn't always popup to let you know you got him.

Last edited by ECH (2006-08-08 21:44:04)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Ill have mine at the End of Aug.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
beerface702
+65|6684|las vegas
core 2 duo is the shit ill admit. ol blue finally got it right after 4 years

but amd will come back with a major TKO

hopefully in the form of K8L...well see

otherwise intel will be up top for a couple of years
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6558|NYC / Hamburg

it wont really cause any difference to a high-endish AMD/P4/P-D. when i clock up my opty from 250x10 to 290x10 i dont see any improvement in gameplay. at high settings with an average resolution (1280x1024) the game is mainly gpu limited. at low settings this may be different but who cares if you get 200 or 300 fps
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
darthazeem
+7|6463
I have a Pentium D 830 Dual core 3.0GHZ w/2GB of dual channel DDR2 memory and (2) Nvidia 6200GT's in SLI mode, w/(2) 250GB SATA 3.0GB/Sec hard drives and my system screams.  These are the predecessors to the Core 2 Duo and they are FAST, FAST, FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would recommend to anyone the Pentium Core 2 Duo or Dual Core processors.

https://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/7/67240774.png
durkamoz
+5|6680
Dual Core shouldn't make the game any faster.  The game is not designed to run on multiple processors.

Before I installed the updated cpu driver for my x2 I would just run the game with one core disabled.  It runs the same for me on one core or both cores.

If they make an update that will allow it to run on multiple processors and actually take advantage of the architecture then that would definately improve the game.

My dream would have 2142 have support for multiple processors, wide screen and 64 bit.

ahhhhhhh
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

durkamoz wrote:

Dual Core shouldn't make the game any faster.  The game is not designed to run on multiple processors.

Before I installed the updated cpu driver for my x2 I would just run the game with one core disabled.  It runs the same for me on one core or both cores.

If they make an update that will allow it to run on multiple processors and actually take advantage of the architecture then that would definately improve the game.

My dream would have 2142 have support for multiple processors, wide screen and 64 bit.

ahhhhhhh
were not talking about dual cores... were talking about intels new cpu line called core 2 duo...

AMD's K8L is only on paper right now, just a powerpoint slide, no working engineering sample now. they will be released in 2008... by that time intel wouldve released nelahem...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6688|Germany

durkamoz wrote:

ahhhhhhh
I'm getting an Athlon X2 3800+ in the next few weeks,do I need that updated CPU driver for BF2 then too?
Where do I get it?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

durkamoz wrote:

ahhhhhhh
I'm getting an Athlon X2 3800+ in the next few weeks,do I need that updated CPU driver for BF2 then too?
Where do I get it?
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content … psetup.exe

Also there's something new on there about a dual core optimization on the top of this page, I'm trying that now, I'll report back if it makes any difference.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Tec … 18,00.html
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6711|Sweden
I'm getting a Intel Core2 duo E6400 2morrow i think:D
JohnnySupreme
+23|6486
Im looking to go Intel Core 2 Duo next month after years of AMD happiness.  The thing better not let me down. 

At the end of the day we need to look to the future and right now thats with Intel.  However, having said that there are other things to consider like Vista, DX10 and hybrid HDDs.  A lot is changing soon so who knows who will be on top in a year.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

JohnnySupreme wrote:

Im looking to go Intel Core 2 Duo next month after years of AMD happiness.  The thing better not let me down. 

At the end of the day we need to look to the future and right now thats with Intel.  However, having said that there are other things to consider like Vista, DX10 and hybrid HDDs.  A lot is changing soon so who knows who will be on top in a year.
300 bucks cpu beating down an 800 bucks cpu, thats a bargain to me
Defiance
+438|6662

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

JohnnySupreme wrote:

Take that same analogy with nVidia quadros and geforces and have it make a little bit of sense, and you get karma.
ECH
Depending on what you had before, you will notice a difference.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Defiance wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

JohnnySupreme wrote:

Take that same analogy with nVidia quadros and geforces and have it make a little bit of sense, and you get karma.
quadro cards and geforces are made for different uses, one for rendering one for games
ECH
anyone else get their hands on a core 2 duo yet for bf2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard