lowing
Banned
+1,662|6676|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/08/ … index.html

this is a very short article and won't take up much of your time. THIS is why Gitmo needs to exist.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6586
1)  So far, the message has only come from Al Qaeda, it could be chest beating.

2)  Egypt now has 1000 different ways to break into terrorist cells

3)  Those were proven terrorists.  The issue with Guantanamo Bay is that there has been no proof forthcoming.

Also, anyone know where the Gitmo nickname comes from?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6676|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

3)  Those were proven terrorists.  The issue with Guantanamo Bay is that there has been no proof forthcoming.

No proof that has been made aware to us.... These people were not rounded up randomly, I assume some were caught in battle and others had intel gathered on them. Either way, these are people that will not be given a chance to take up arms against the effort again.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6499|Belgium
Does this have anything to do witj bf2????
CameronPoe
+2,925|6580

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

No proof that has been made aware to us.... These people were not rounded up randomly, I assume some were caught in battle and others had intel gathered on them. Either way, these are people that will not be given a chance to take up arms against the effort again.
Lowing - many of them were rounded up randomly - as was the case with the three britons who were released after spending 2 years there. Watch 'The Road to Guantanamo' or do a search on their plight. They weren't the only ones I can bet when you see how they were rounded up.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6660|South Jersey

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

Notice how this topic was made in the "Debate and Serious Talk" thread?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6574|Southeastern USA
"club gitmo" is just a sloppy contraction of guantanamo
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6554|Global Command

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

Notice how this topic was made in the "Debate and Serious Talk" thread?
lol
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6689|NT, like Mick Dundee

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Uhh, take a look at the David Hicks case. He had a photo of himself taken with an RPG on his shoulder while messing about in Pakistan. The only crime he committed was overstaying his Visa there. Looks like the folk down at the Pentagon are a little jumpy. Just like when they claimed that BF2 was a terrorist recruting tool...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
zFeinT
+35|6693
Flecco - the only thing a hijacker or two did wrong was get pulled over for a traffic violation.  It's better safe than sorry, I say.  I don't agree with holding too long while doing nothing, but I do agree in holding them.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6689|NT, like Mick Dundee

zFeinT wrote:

Flecco - the only thing a hijacker or two did wrong was get pulled over for a traffic violation.  It's better safe than sorry, I say.  I don't agree with holding too long while doing nothing, but I do agree in holding them.
They haven't charged him with a crime because they can't prove he did anything wrong. Besides overstaying his visa.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6586

lowing wrote:

Well, then why don't we just arrest the whole world.  That way they won't be able to take up arms.  If the military has enough proof to jail them, they have enough proof to prove them guilty in a court of law.  Why haven't they done so?
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6600
These guy's are ruthless killers, I don't feel a bit sorry for them. not one. The place would be a lot fuller if it was up to me. yeah go ahead call me a Nazi.

I'm just tired of people wasting time worrying about these bloodthirsty madmen. Most all of them came from Afgansistan Taliban.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6676|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well, then why don't we just arrest the whole world.  That way they won't be able to take up arms.  If the military has enough proof to jail them, they have enough proof to prove them guilty in a court of law.  Why haven't they done so?
What bubbalo, no response to the articles that show their behavior?

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-06 17:37:36)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6515|Menlo Park, CA
(bubbalo)He is a sympathizer of anyone or anything that is anti USA in any form. . .

THESE ARE ENEMY COMBATANTS (aka terrorists)

THEY DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have the same rights as those who fight for an organized army defending their country. . . .

Those miserable pricks can sit there for the rest of their lives for all I care, they are murderers and sadists, and having them behind bars is a good thing!!  Gitmo houses the WORST of the worst, these guys DO not deserve any trial other than a military one PERIOD!! Their crimes dont constitute the normal judicial procedures that a normal criminal would get! They didnt rob the fucking candy store down the street, they took an entire nation (afghanistan/Iraq etc) hostage, killed women and children (in the USA and abroad).  They deserve military justice, a much more firm and expedient system of justice(more appropriate).

Why do people give these terrorists the benefit of the doubt?? These terrorists sure as hell wouldnt give any of you sympathizers any quarter??

Another thing, those prisoners deamed exceptable for release from Gitmo, HAVE BEEN RELEASED!! The only prisoners at Gitmo are hardened terrorists that would still make war with the USA if they were released tomorrow!! 

STOP THE SYMPATHETIC bullshit!! Those pricks deserve NONE!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6744|California

if they were hiding in a cave, were holding an AK or RPG, or were in posession of materials to create an IED, they should be arrested.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6586
To clarify:  What proven terrorists deserve is a seperate issue to Guantanamo Bay, which holds people who have not been proven terrorists in a court of law.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6744|California

Bubbalo wrote:

To clarify:  What proven terrorists deserve is a seperate issue to Guantanamo Bay, which holds people who have not been proven terrorists in a court of law.
there is a difference between detainment, and imprisonment however, and Gitmo kinda stretches that line
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6586
Detainment is short term, to ensure that no harm is done whilst court is convened.  Guantanamo Bay has been open for several years.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6676|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Detainment is short term, to ensure that no harm is done whilst court is convened.  Guantanamo Bay has been open for several years.
they are animals bubbalo, I showed you the links
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6780|United States of America
I say we use gitmo for an interrogation camp by using any means necessary, even through torture, and making them wear thongs and put on a leash.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6676|USA

Miller wrote:

I say we use gitmo for an interrogation camp by using any means necessary, even through torture, and making them wear thongs and put on a leash.
THEN......................................face them..............................................................................WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUAHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

forgot to add my sinister, blood curdling laugh, sorry

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-06 18:32:10)

Sgt.Zubie
+77|6600

Bubbalo wrote:

Bubbalo pleae don't be an idiot mate. Come on give it up. These guys deserve death and nothing less.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6580

fadedsteve wrote:

STOP THE SYMPATHETIC bullshit!! Those pricks deserve NONE!!!
Nice way to poo-poo everything the US purports to stand for. Had it occurred to you that some small precentage of those incarcerated might actually be innocent - i.e., they had been mistakenly put away. The Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 spent 15 years and 16 years respectively behind bars for crimes they never committed (the Guildford and Birmingham IRA bombings in England). These people in gitmo don't have any recourse to clearing their name whatsoever. A shame on you USA. George Washington and Abe Lincoln must be turning in their graves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard