Linus
+53|6654
what a horrible horrible horrible horrible horribly written game..

Ive spent all day trying to figure out why my game keeps crashing..

and then after formatting, reinstalling windows, bf2, sf pack, and patch..

here is what happens the first game I play..

JOIN NOW....crash.... reload.... JOIN NOW...get in but no unlocks..
logout..reconnect.....JOIN NOW....crash...reload...JOIN NOW... 'error msg saying server
does not allow modified content...'   huh?? wtf..  try again..same...try another server...
same thing..   exit game.... reload game... JOIN NOW...crash...reload...JOIN NOW..
'modified content error..' again.

what a total disgrace this game is.. I have 5 pcs.. all amd/64 with 3gb memory minimum
and the weakest video card is a ati 1600/512 pci-e.

I have literally hundreds of games on my shelves.. all the latest..some older, some newer..
all of them work flawlessly..very very very few bugs..  BF2 on the other hand is a total cluster-fuck.

Its not cutting edge...its nothing fancy folks.. the graphics are way worse than some of the newer titles
out there.. the game engine is a FAILURE.  The programming team of DICE are fools who couldnt tie
a shoe lace.. They never fix anything... they keep adding more buggy code and stupid aspects of
game play every patch..  They should bundle xfire, teamspeak and YIM with every box because thats
the only way youre gonna find your buddies on this game.. (except for this sites leaderboard..KUDOS.)

The gamestop store I bought my BF2 copy from said they have had 69 returns of BF2 out of
212 copies sold.  That says it all folks.. A group of individuals have started a class action suit
against EA and DICE for falsely advertsing system requirements.. selling faulty and defecting
product.. and misleading advertising.. They have over 200 signatures and are about to file in
Shelby County, Tenn.   The legal fees will be free of charge as the initial complaintant is a lawyer
himself and has offered his services for free.   I am joining this lawsuit tomorrow, and returning my
game for a full refund.

Before the last "patch" My game worked decently.. crash was rare.. maybe 1 out of 50 games.. since
the patch it crashes 9/10 times.. I had to cancel the server I was running because I couldnt even
get in it to admin it myself..

If you would like to add your name to the lawsuit, please msg me.. We have already obtained 89
signatures here locally by ourselves.. if there is that many in my small town, just think of how wide
spread the problems are in nationwide and worldwide sales.

If it works for you, fine, flame on, I dont care, actually it worked for me for a long while also..
but since the patch, my bf2 disk is a useless coaster..   If I install it fresh, and do not patch, I
am able to play flawlessly on a handful of servers that have not patched.. but once patched, no go.

-edit, I have already obtained 9 responses asking to be added to the complaint. Please bear with me
as it is not in my control, and I will be forwarding your information to the appropriate site.

Last edited by Linus (2006-08-05 20:06:33)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

you sure do complain alot, dontcha?

and its the patch, suck it up until 1.4 like the better part of us have
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
it is a poorly written/coded game, theres no doubt. but wut ur complaining bout is the patch 1.3

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-08-05 20:10:04)

Linus
+53|6654

stryyker wrote:

ahhhh, yess... the old EA line....

'wait until the next patch..it will get fixed.'

yeaaaaaahhh....

1 year after release... same bugs.. EXACT same bugs..actuslly, theres MORE bugs..

complain a lot ? well thats funny..I never complained at all before the last patch..
I'd say 9 crashes out of 10 attempts is a pretty good reason..
besides this thread is titled 'Complain' isnt it?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

i was obeserving that most of your posts are aimed at things in the game you dont approve of.

the game is still very playable.
Linus
+53|6654
oh heres another funny thing... after I reinstalled my whole gaming pc today..
windows...bf2..special forces... I went to reinstall my Euro Force (which I paid for..)
using the EA downloader and it says...  get this..

http://www.d12clan.org/d12downloads/joke.jpg

hahahahahahaha what a company...

Last edited by Linus (2006-08-05 20:25:11)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

Linus wrote:

windows...bf2..special forces... I went to reinstall my Euro Force (which I paid for..)

well it gives you something to look forward too

j/k

lawsuit agaist EA/DICE wow thats pretty impresive, hopefully something good comes about
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6510|Daytona Beach, FL

Linus wrote:

stryyker wrote:

ahhhh, yess... the old EA line....

'wait until the next patch..it will get fixed.'

yeaaaaaahhh....

1 year after release... same bugs.. EXACT same bugs..actuslly, theres MORE bugs..

complain a lot ? well thats funny..I never complained at all before the last patch..
I'd say 9 crashes out of 10 attempts is a pretty good reason..
besides this thread is titled 'Complain' isnt it?
He pretty much summed it up... lol
Mr. Bondt
The name was Bondt...
+6|6576|The Netherlands

Linus wrote:

Maybe your Windows time and date isn't correct
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Its strange how this patch affects people. I crash probably 1/10 times I play the game. And thats usually if I hit "Join Game" straight away rather than waiting an additional minute for my HD LED to stop flashing...
And I NEVER crash when loading up a favourite server.

I just find it hard to believe that despite the whole community complaining, and an announcement on the EA website of "we have identified a bug associated with crashing of the game" - that they didnt just release a hotfix for that alone, rather than make a new map, beta test it and the patch all the while depriving us of a fix to allow all players, such as yourself, to play this game.

Last edited by Snake (2006-08-06 04:44:45)

Linus
+53|6654
Obviously 1.3 patch was not beta tested, and if it was.. they need to BAN those beta testers from
ever playing this game, imo.   The problems 1.3 caused were not only OBVIOUS but SUPER OBVIOUS.

This whole game has been nothing but headaches and a fraud..   I find it extremely funny, and this is
one thing the lawyer told me he noticed as well....

I bought 2 copies of BF2..  one for myself... then later I bought another thinking that my first copy
had gotten scratched (wouldnt install, errors...turned out to be a bad mem stick..)  but, on the first
package EA indicates the system requirements...,  but then on the 2nd package it doesnt..   Why is this?
Would it be perhaps that they realized the specs they stated originally were bogus, flawed, and incorrect ?

Id be willing to bet so..

-------------------------------------------

Im up to 45 signatures by my lonesome, just in 2 days of forum posting..
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

Linus wrote:

JOIN NOW....crash.... reload....
I noticed you mentioned this alot. I know how to stop this. Used to happen to me.
When the Join game button comes up with the auto ready. Double click auto ready, making it NOT marked. (important auto ready isn't marked).
Wait for about 45 seconds probably less. you should here a clicky noise. Now press the auto ready button again twice. If it makes a clicky noise. Click join game and you'll load with no crash
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
They created an awsome game and they dont take time to TEST it and FIX all the problems...Thats why CsS will be allways on 2nd place...STEAM is testing and fixing problems...why cant we have the same in bf2 ?
After this horrible 2 months hopefully we GET new maps and addons FOR FREE !!!
This is the only thing what they could do....btw there are a lot of ppl who are fed up with ea...
Godhatch
+5|6611
well lets say 1.4 fixes all these problems (which i kind of think it probablys will seen as though it's in public beta testing) i still think people are just gonna revert back to this current patch just for something to bitch about.

where theres blame theres a claim
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

Godhatch wrote:

well lets say 1.4 fixes all these problems (which i kind of think it probablys will seen as though it's in public beta testing)
I wouldn't hold your breath old son. The red tag bug has been in it since the beginning, and they haven't even bloody fixed that. I'll be impressed if they break even.
truE_Undi$puted
Banned
+2|6506|UK

stryyker wrote:

i was obeserving that most of your posts are aimed at things in the game you dont approve of.

I've been observing that you're a penis when it comes to peoples opinions, there's no need for you to reply to every post that you disagree with and then slap them in the face.
Do you ever go out into the big wide world without mummy or daddy? Didnt think so!!!
scooobydooby
+4|6474

Linus wrote:

what a horrible horrible horrible horrible horribly written game..

Ive spent all day trying to figure out why my game keeps crashing..

and then after formatting, reinstalling windows, bf2, sf pack, and patch..

here is what happens the first game I play..

JOIN NOW....crash.... reload.... JOIN NOW...get in but no unlocks..
logout..reconnect.....JOIN NOW....crash...reload...JOIN NOW... 'error msg saying server
does not allow modified content...'   huh?? wtf..  try again..same...try another server...
same thing..   exit game.... reload game... JOIN NOW...crash...reload...JOIN NOW..
'modified content error..' again.

what a total disgrace this game is.. I have 5 pcs.. all amd/64 with 3gb memory minimum
and the weakest video card is a ati 1600/512 pci-e.

I have literally hundreds of games on my shelves.. all the latest..some older, some newer..
all of them work flawlessly..very very very few bugs..  BF2 on the other hand is a total cluster-fuck.

Its not cutting edge...its nothing fancy folks.. the graphics are way worse than some of the newer titles
out there.. the game engine is a FAILURE.  The programming team of DICE are fools who couldnt tie
a shoe lace.. They never fix anything... they keep adding more buggy code and stupid aspects of
game play every patch..  They should bundle xfire, teamspeak and YIM with every box because thats
the only way youre gonna find your buddies on this game.. (except for this sites leaderboard..KUDOS.)

The gamestop store I bought my BF2 copy from said they have had 69 returns of BF2 out of
212 copies sold.  That says it all folks.. A group of individuals have started a class action suit
against EA and DICE for falsely advertsing system requirements.. selling faulty and defecting
product.. and misleading advertising.. They have over 200 signatures and are about to file in
Shelby County, Tenn.   The legal fees will be free of charge as the initial complaintant is a lawyer
himself and has offered his services for free.   I am joining this lawsuit tomorrow, and returning my
game for a full refund.

Before the last "patch" My game worked decently.. crash was rare.. maybe 1 out of 50 games.. since
the patch it crashes 9/10 times.. I had to cancel the server I was running because I couldnt even
get in it to admin it myself..

If you would like to add your name to the lawsuit, please msg me.. We have already obtained 89
signatures here locally by ourselves.. if there is that many in my small town, just think of how wide
spread the problems are in nationwide and worldwide sales.

If it works for you, fine, flame on, I dont care, actually it worked for me for a long while also..
but since the patch, my bf2 disk is a useless coaster..   If I install it fresh, and do not patch, I
am able to play flawlessly on a handful of servers that have not patched.. but once patched, no go.

-edit, I have already obtained 9 responses asking to be added to the complaint. Please bear with me
as it is not in my control, and I will be forwarding your information to the appropriate site.
u bring glory to this section....."bitch and moan"
ChyneseGUY
+20|6486
good thing im still playing with 1.1? or out of the box no updates. its still buggy as hell, but the gameplay is worth the CTDs and problem with connections. its fucking annoying though, you have to admit, unless you love watching tanks flying in the air and shit
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6550|USA bitches!
I've been getting crashes a lot more frequently lately for some reason. I've changed nothing, yet they're starting to pile up. It doesn't really bother me all that much, I just reload the game and jump into some action. I think I've played this patch more throughly than any of the others, since buying the game in Nov. 05.
SteikeTa
+153|6749|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
OK, my record is ctd 5 times in a row. Anyone who beats that??
And the thing with waiting to join the server.... tried that. Waited a while and suddenly it ctd anyway. So, when the "join server button" appears, i click on it, cause waiting is BS. If its going to ctd, it will no matter how long you wait.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6550|USA bitches!
Actually, I've gotten CTD's right when the Join Now button pops up. So, sometimes it's not what we do, it's all the game's fault.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6794
I played this game on 2.8 Ghz p4 w/HT, 512 mb ram, and an FX5200.

Not a damn problem, hell I upgraded to 1Gb and a 7600GS.

Still no problems. Quitchabitchin
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6507|Alabama, United States

stryyker wrote:

The game shouldn't have to just be "playable."
We spent 60$-100$ on this game and X-packs, so why should you get a game that only works half the time, is buggy all the time, and has out-dated graphics?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6711|Wilmington, DE, US
Let me try...

OH WOE IS ME! I HAVE HUNDREDS OF GAMES AND MULTIPLE HIGH END SYSTEMS BUT BF2 CRASHES REPEATEDLY! GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
I can't wait till 1.4. Why? Because it will be the same shit and then Ikarti, Stryyker and many others will then be left with out an argument. They both know damn well that 1.4 won't do a thing. Wanna know why 1.4 was held up? Because their were still CTD's.

The people like Ikarti and stryyker are just looking for ways to be a dick to you and thats why we love them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard