Poll

Selecting/Changing kits in a supply drop: Is it a good idea?

Yes, I'd use it all the time35%35% - 29
Yea, there might be a time for it29%29% - 24
No, there's plenty of kits on the ground to pick up22%22% - 18
No, you are stuck with whatever you choose, tough luck.12%12% - 10
Total: 81
Drexel
+43|6468|Philadelphia
I've always talked about having this in the game.  I always find myself running around as a medic or sniper or any of the non-explosive kits when all of the sudden, there is armor right ontop of your possition.  I'd love to be able to run over to a supply crate and select a more appropreate kit every time that I felt nessecary.  I know you can pick up some other dead guy's kit and use that kit, but the chances of it being the one you want, gun/kit, is really rare.  What's even worse is that these dead guy's kits sometimes fall off a cliff, or somehow finds a way to fall into the ground or building where you can't grab it.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6727|Houston, TX
I have been wanting this since I started playing. If even a limit of say 3 kit changes per crate. Meaning only 3 kits cold be removed from the crate, not 3 kits per person.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6565
Good idea, +1.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6548|Kent, UK
nah, adapt or run and hide. or just chuck 'nades while screaming for ammo
alpinestar
+304|6587|New York City baby.
imagine this. you run by artillery as medic you see commander fixing his arty with supply box you pick explosives kitand blow it up for him. makes artillery obsolete in this scenario same goes for other assets

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-08-04 09:47:19)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6742|the middle of nowhere

alpinestar wrote:

imagine this. you run by artillery as medic you see commander fixing his arty with supply box you pick explosives kitand blow it up for him. makes artillery obsolete in this scenario same goes for other assets
Oh good point. I never thought of it lol.

Last edited by |CCCCCDark_Helmet (2006-08-04 09:48:13)

Drexel
+43|6468|Philadelphia

alpinestar wrote:

That makes it even more important to defend these main bases.  This might actually encourage people to actually defend in matches instead of running from flag to flag aimlessly after the higher score.

The same goes for the other way around, how many times have you been commander and all your stuff is destroyed and there aren't any engineers on the entire map?  You could get a bunch of people who notice this run over to that one supply crate and change to engineer and fix all of your assets, allowing these crates to go to people who actually need them, not machines.

Last edited by Drexel (2006-08-04 09:56:37)

gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6714|England
Can be stupid you can pick a sniper kit lay some claymores go back to the supply crate you see someone is dead you get medic then heal them. Then your claymores kill some people wow easy kills. On the mini-map you see a group of enemies 3 - 5 running towards a flag you change to support to mow half of them down then you change again right next to the supply crate to medic and heal yourself. A tank has been spotted and heads towards you thats when you go engineer lay some mines then go back to supply crate choose AT and fire away at the tank.

As you can see by what i have wrote above this theory wont work they can have a little zone section which can be found by the commander placing it down. Like a little blue flag on the playing field you can see this flag on your map you can then go next to the flag and change kits. The down side to this is the reload times can take like 3 - 5 minutes for another section to be allowed to be placed.

Any other ideas on this

Last edited by gazzie (2006-08-04 09:56:32)

Drexel
+43|6468|Philadelphia

gazzie wrote:

Can be stupid you can pick a sniper kit lay some claymores go back to the supply crate you see someone is dead you get medic then heal them. Then your claymores kill some people wow easy kills. On the mini-map you see a group of enemies 3 - 5 running towards a flag you change to support to mow half of them down then you change again right next to the supply crate to medic and heal yourself. A tank has been spotted and heads towards you thats when you go engineer lay some mines then go back to supply crate choose AT and fire away at the tank.
This could be fixed in a number of ways, something like staticblue said, where there are only 3 available switches per kit, or possibly a 30 second time period where you cannot change them again.
FOX2PRO
+0|6522
I like the idea, but it would work better if there was no kit system in place.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
star wars battlefront 2
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6540|San Diego, CA, USA
As long as, when you change kits, all the ammo/refresh timers are 0.

For example:

You switch to Engineer...then you have 0 in your repair bar.
MorbidFetus
+76|6543|Ohio
I'd rather see medic and ammo bags limited to 5...
Meggido
+7|6639
I voted "Yes, it has it uses"  B U T  I don't think we would want DICE/EA implementing this before current issues are fixed.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
There should be at least a 30 second delay after you switch, so people can't abuse the system
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6567
I wanna see engineers be able to build from supply drops. Like mounted guns or TOWs.

Then you could have a gun In  a decent place rather than the random ones that dice placed around maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard