No - But I would want to go37%37% - 60
No - I don't won't to go either11%11% - 18
What is the Netherlands?2%2% - 4
Total: 161
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6587|Area 51
So, basically I just wondered how many of you have been to the Netherlands,
Yeah my vote obvious goes to Yes,  But I hate it Rather be in Key West or somethin
So anyways if u have been here, tell us where u have been and for how long

Greetz RDMC

EDIT: I've been in too many places to post here

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-08-03 08:12:15)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6581|The real world
Live here to, too much rain :d
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666
im trying to find time to go for vacation.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577
I'd like to go but I haven't found the time yet. Not into smoking weed or any of that stuff so I guess it'll be for the strip clubs (and beautiful dutch culture of course)!! I'm prioritising all the places I won't be able to go when I'm an old man - hence the reason I haven't went to Holland yet.

A group of lads from work went over and one fo them, who hates cultural tourism, got dragged along with the rest to visit the house of Anne Frank. I thought the comment he left in the guest book was hilarious: "Nice house. Surprisingly spacious." LOL

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-03 08:22:05)

herrr_smity
+156|6650|space command ur anus
no, but i would like to go.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6548|Singapore
i dont have the money and time...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6760|The Hague, Netherlands

been everywhere here i think....so yes
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6741|Las Vegas
No.  I had planned a trip with a few friends to go to Kjerag in Norway for some base jumping back in '98.  Of course a side trip to the Netherlands was also planned.  A month before we were to go, I was laid off at work and decided to stay home and put my savings to better use.

Definitely one of the biggest regrets of my life is missing that trip.  Sometimes in hindsight, responsibility is not all it's cracked up to be.  I should have went.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6723|Australia
Eurotrip anyone?
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6712|The Netherlands
Most Dutch people hate the Dutch weather/climate. But I think we have one of the best. It's never too hot (although we have just had like 4 weeks of +30 degrees everyday) and never too cold. But, when it's hot, over 30 degrees, everyone screems it's too hot, but now, when the sun has gone and it rains often, everyone wants it to be "better" again. I think we have one of the best climates, I've just returned from the Caribbean, and damn, it was hot there, after that, I like this 30+ degrees very much.

And as for the country, well, it is pretty flat, no mountains whatsoever, but overall, if you don't worry about the politics too much, it's a good country...
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6729|NL
We "rock"! lol

* It's a small joke I just made up, we hardly have any rocks in the Netherlands.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6778|Hell, p.o box 666

Yes I like it! Been there 4-5 times (not to buy w33d)
My neighbours wife is from Holland, and she is kinda the collest woman Ive ever meet.

Holländer cant play socer
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6571|Southeastern USA
like poe im not really into the weed thing but i still want to go, love the art and architecture, don't worry too much about key west though, too many fat, balding, pasty thighed, white dudes in tie dye singing lame Jimmy Buffet songs.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-08-04 05:55:03)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6760|The Hague, Netherlands

its not when you come to Holland you automatically get weed....its not one giant weed country lol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6832|Nårvei

Been to Amsterdam, reminds me of Copenhagen, a real cosy town
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6606|Finland
I have been there for about 24 hours. Netherlands is nice contry, I like the seaside and the beaches.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6571|Southeastern USA

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

its not when you come to Holland you automatically get weed....its not one giant weed country lol
I know, but I have a bunch of hippy friends and all they ever talks about over here is "im going to amsterdaam to try the weed cafes!!" or "I'm moving ot humboldt county, california, and start growing my own"

I do need directions to Wundersex though, gotta get that free t-shirt
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6774|Leipzig/Germany
this remindes me of the dialog of jules and vincent from pulp fiction in which vinc tells from his time in the netherlands (whats a quarter pounder with chesse? a royal with cheese - and you can even buy a beer at mac donalds - and cops can't put you to jail for owning weed) *lol*
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6583|Cheshire, UK
Yes mate I've been to the Netherlands I was lucky enough to be asked to DJ over there a while ago, beautiful country and the folks there are friendly and welcoming... Even those really big fellas that ask you to buy dope on the street corners do so with a smile.

Last edited by SkoobyDu (2006-08-04 07:26:26)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6613|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Went for a week was brilliant, yes I got stoned but aside from the weed Amsterdam is a great city with plenty to do.  For me the best thing about my visit was the feeling of freedom, they are so laid back, it is such a liberal city, no one bats an eyelid.  Unfortunately I went with the GF so I never got to have a good look round the red light district , but I'm organising a lads do soon.
7331olme
Banned
+2|6498

Varegg wrote:

Been to Amsterdam, reminds me of Copenhagen, a real cosy town
What are you talking about, you get a free bag of weed when u enter

edit

goddamnit I quoted the wrong guy

Last edited by 7331olme (2006-08-04 07:09:57)

Sandriatinhi
+15|6669|Apeldoorn, Holland

|60|Cobalt wrote:

this remindes me of the dialog of jules and vincent from pulp fiction in which vinc tells from his time in the netherlands (whats a quarter pounder with chesse? a royal with cheese - and you can even buy a beer at mac donalds - and cops can't put you to jail for owning weed) *lol*
That's all made up. We do have Quarterpounders at the Mac! rofl
Beer at Mc?? Don't know, i only eat Flurry Rolo.
If you have more than 5 grams of weed, the cops will arrest you for being a dealer.

Ontopic: I like living in Holland. Politically it sucks balls here, but the houseparties/festivals compensate a lot!

Last edited by Sandriatinhi (2006-08-04 07:30:54)

BudyFX
+7|6569|Lost
I live in the netherlands HIHI
JahManRed
wank
+646|6650|IRELAND

Ive been 7 or 8 times. I'm not sure exactly as its all abit blurry. Beautiful country and ppl. The first few times I went we stuck to the tourist trail. I went will a party of 25 Brits 5 Ozzys and 8 Irish guys for a stag party. It was torture to say the least. All the English guys wanted to go was eat in English restaurants, drink in English bars, go to English clubs agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh stay in feckin england!!!! So a lead a breakaway party and I stumbled across an under ground club night, very similar to the ones I run in Ireland (very tribal, lots of drumming). I jumped on stage and grabbed a drum and went of in a weed/beer induced drum solo. The attitude changed towards us from Tourists to bee kept at a distance to friends. We ended up at a warehouse party outside Amsterdam that went on for 2 days, we missed our flights etc. But probably one of the best nights I have had in my life. That was 5 years ago and I still keep in contact with the ppl I met that night.

Unfortunately I haven't seen much of the country itself. The last time I went we decided not to smoke any weed the whole time to see if we could break out of the red light district of Amsterdam. So we drunk like only Irish men can. (BTW when I want a glass of beer I want it to the top ffs!!!!!You cant drink the head. My only complaint) My last memory was being moved on by the cops half way through a meaningful conversation with a crack head on "crack bridge"  down the red light area. Anyone familiar with the Dam's red light will know exactly were i'm talking about I realized I should stick with the weed next time.
Weed= stay away from the crazys.
Drink= Go talk with the crazys. Infact you are a crazy.
I like the dutch attitude of "as long as you are not directly harming anyone else, you can do what the hell you want in the comfort of your own home or licensed preemies" HOLLAND RULES!!!

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-08-04 07:42:12)

I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6505|denmark
for a period I used to visit the nederlands once a month. I live in Denmark, and I was a soldier in a danish NATO unit. and my coy had a dutch mother bataillion. so I received some training and education i maastricht..

and then I'm probably gonna walk the nijmeegen march (can't remember the spelling)..

either 40 kilometers with 10 kilo of weight or 50 kilometers and nothing on your bag - every day for 4 days in a row..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard