Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6486
the user has been on the server for less than a minute.

I was kicked for a high average ping of 225 about 6 second after spawning.
Madhadda1
+270|6553|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
i always get kicked from servers for high ping and i havnt even spawned...... welcome to the club
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6755|Minnesota, USA
yeah, i hate when that happens.  Hurts more because it takes forever to load and validate client data...
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6513|Melbourne, Australia
I hate it when my housemate starts-up his Bit-torrents without warning and I get a "kick" on my stats cos my 38ms just blew out to 600ms. It just happens. I do wish they wouldn't kick *after* you just loaded...but before you start. Annoying.

\\'
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6759|Chicago.
How about this? If your ping is too high, you can't join the server period?

Saves you from loading up, and you can find a server suitable to gameplay for you and everyone else connected to the server.

Edit: Spelling corrections.

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2006-08-02 19:16:10)

GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6486|San Diego, CA
Thats a good idea. Also they should allow the server admin to be able to set a range of pings that they allow on the server like 0-100.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6517|Los Angeles, California
Seriously, that would be a good idea.. Sometimes I'm done loading and a few seconds later I'm kicked because I just found out my dad wanted to watch movies and talk to his business partner in China over the internet, at the same time.
Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6486
It just seems ridiculous to me that a ping spike while connecting to the server (which is far from uncommon) should waste your 2 minutes of loading time, especially if you're being conservative and waiting the 30 seconds to automatically join while trying to avoid the "crash on hitting join game" bug.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6576
It's not a peak, the auto-admin takes several spikes and kicks due to them. And one reminder, there are 3600 servers out there, why do you connect to a server where you got a 200ms ping?

Search a server with a >50ms and have fun playing on it.
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6528|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
Patch 1.3 Fuck Up Number 1273
Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6486

fierce wrote:

It's not a peak, the auto-admin takes several spikes and kicks due to them. And one reminder, there are 3600 servers out there, why do you connect to a server where you got a 200ms ping?

I think you misunderstand me.  On a few servers (I dunno is this is to do with my ISP or region, but it's not at all specific to me and not at all consistent, which leads me to believe its server specific), upon joining I get an additional ping spike to go along with the obnoxious FPS drop for the first 10 or so seconds of play. 
After that it clears up, and I drop to comfortable double digits, but every so often when I join those servers, the punk buster kicks me for high average pings (these are servers that I pinged <100 in the browser, often very much under 100) even though I've been connected for around 15 seconds.
+3|6492|UK, wots up wiv my karma? O
i dotn usually ge tkicked for high ping...
†FW†Ravenwolf
+10|6664|Saskatchewan, Canada

Noobzorz wrote:

fierce wrote:

I think you misunderstand me.  On a few servers (I dunno is this is to do with my ISP or region, but it's not at all specific to me and not at all consistent, which leads me to believe its server specific), upon joining I get an additional ping spike to go along with the obnoxious FPS drop for the first 10 or so seconds of play. 
After that it clears up, and I drop to comfortable double digits, but every so often when I join those servers, the punk buster kicks me for high average pings (these are servers that I pinged <100 in the browser, often very much under 100) even though I've been connected for around 15 seconds.
Have you looked into your ISP?  There's got to be some reason for your packet loss .. I have a crappy cable connection, and I've learned to deal with some of the lag spikes.. My avg in our server is 60ish, but now and again i'll look and see it up at 240 once in a while.

Then again.. 1.3
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6556|USA bitches!
My ping is like 4, i don't have these problems. Fiber optic internet FTW!1

Last edited by Jenkinsbball (2006-08-04 07:30:17)

Zukabazuka
+23|6693
Never been kicked because of high ping, join servers with low ping and it will be fine
Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6486
Well, I mean, I've been kicked twice, and both in the first 10 seconds of play.  Both servers pinged around 80.  That's dumb.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard