YunDog
+6|6543
I know there are alot of air lovers out there

but face it - for anyone not in a jet - 90% of the other players - Air power but specifically Jets are wrecking BF2

I have lost count of how many servers Ive immediately left because you cant move or spawn even without getting bombed - or the AA is completely useless

games that wouldve been close contests - good games where your fighting it out with some guy man to man - and one or both of you get bombed

and this happens again and again and again - Sorry but Im not going to be 10 more kills adding to the 100s some bomber gets - without the skills to deserve it

another reason why Karkand is so popular - NO AIR

in my opinion players are fed up with spending the whole game looking at the spawn screen because some guy is bombing spawn points over and over and over

its not fun
its not challenging
it takes very little skill

and for those of you about to say - 'its war get over it' - NO - I CHECKED - ITS DEFINATELY A GAME

but there is a very simple and fair solution to this

Air units should be made to LAND to REARM.

Thats right you would actually have to be able to pilot a jet to get any decent usage out of it

this would have several flow on effects:

1. this would give the ground forces a break from 'bomb spamming' because its not the bombing thats the problem its the frequency

2. only people actually able to pilot the jets would get any kills with them

3. jets and helis would be vunerable to ground forces whilest on the tarmat

4. it would remove alot of the 'teen angst' that occurs anywhere air units spawn - because the pretend pilots arnt going to bother anymore if they cant statpad with them

5. It would be far more realistic having to land on the carrier that just do a fly by as rearming jets is very time consuming in real war

6. you would get to witness some spectacular smashes on botched landings - which is always good value

without this simple chnage - this game is dead

this is one rounds wouth of spawn kills some jet whore wont be getting anymore - even if that means only ever playing karkand

[/bored with air power]
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6542|UK

There is only one reason why this is a tad dumb

'Air units should be made to LAND to REARM'.

Good lord no, M-95 tk ta ta jet pilot, and in any case I bet, there will be a lot of pricks who just stay airborne, not re arming, and wasting the jet.  Plus the uber ace's wont take kindly to the random guy with his AT missile taking them out.

Still I see what your saying, though there is asaviour afoot, it's called infantry mode, hope that makes you feel better, just wait for patch 1.4.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6692|U.S

Bell wrote:

There is only one reason why this is a tad dumb

'Air units should be made to LAND to REARM'.

Good lord no, M-95 tk ta ta jet pilot, and in any case I bet, there will be a lot of pricks who just stay airborne, not re arming, and wasting the jet.  Plus the uber ace's wont take kindly to the random guy with his AT missile taking them out.

Still I see what your saying, though there is asaviour afoot, it's called infantry mode, hope that makes you feel better, just wait for patch 1.4.
Travisb05 know-how

Last edited by travisb05 (2006-08-01 18:30:57)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6700|67.222.138.85
I think it's a good idea, but only make them do a touch-and-go, and somehow make it nearly impossible for enemy jets to shoot them down while re-arming.
starkingdoms
+6|6764
infantry mode...can't wait.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6479|Melbourne

Or you could just be better at AA i took down two j10's a z10 and a PLA Transport chopper in one round all with a single AA site its not hard to shoot down Air units you just have to have the know how to do it. the best tip i can offer is stand next to the AA site wait for the jet to pass hop in and fire away, you will either make them return to base drop flares for another jet to own it, or the idiot will fly past again with out any repairs.  Learn to use AA and you can take down any air unit.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6635

YunDog wrote:

and for those of you about to say - 'its war get over it' - NO - I CHECKED - ITS DEFINATELY A GAME

YunDog wrote:

5. It would be far more realistic having to land on the carrier that just do a fly by as rearming jets is very time consuming in real war
First you say BF2 is just a game, and then you compare it to real war. ?.

This game wasn't designed to be a realism simulator, it was designed to only be an arcade game. If you want this game to be realistic, then play PRMM.

Last time I checked, BF isn't CS, so you can't expect no vehicles, infantry only mode will be out soon, so just play on that. And why should infantry be able to destroy jet's easily? IT'S A JET. Infantry aren't supposed to destroy it easily. Perhaps EA should just nerf jets and replace the Mg's with water pistols, and replace the bombs with water-balloons. I see more spawnkilling in karkand than in any of the other maps.

Last edited by [UK]Blazing.Armour (2006-08-01 18:56:51)

Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6642
GREAT!!!!! now i have more then 1 chance to M95 them out of the cockpit, if i dont get the plane, ill just wait for them to land and BOOM HEADSHOT
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6668|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
if u ask me there should be AAs at every main base with a diff shade of color as sort of a "no fly zone" where any unfriendly planes that fly into it will have AA's automatically shooting them. like two unmanned AA turrets at each MAIN, UNCAP base inside a sort of DMZ or no fly zone to eliminate spawn rapes and friendly planes being shot down while trying to repair or rearm. just my thoughts though. and like 100 of them on wake island on the carrier lol. no jet would ever make it to the carrier. wouldnt that be nice.
The_Fighting_69th
Combat medic
+6|6746
Ok, I'm tired of hearing people bitch about jets, I don't care for them ither but there here to stay., though I wish they couldn't reload bombs as fast as they do.  I hate getting bombed when I'm in an FAV, I mean come on use them on the tanks!  lol.

If I could change anything about it, I would take out the fixed AA positions and make a man portable stinger availiable to the AT kit.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6497|Melbourne, Australia

The_Fighting_69th wrote:

Ok, I'm tired of hearing people bitch about jets, I don't care for them ither but there here to stay., though I wish they couldn't reload bombs as fast as they do.  I hate getting bombed when I'm in an FAV, I mean come on use them on the tanks!  lol.

If I could change anything about it, I would take out the fixed AA positions and make a man portable stinger availiable to the AT kit.
I'm for that last one, but it'd be tricky.

If teams actually thought about tiered air dominance (maybe I should write a post explaining it) then it wouldn't be so bad.

I think a major step to fixing the problem would be to PUT THE FIXED-AA IN LESS RIDICULOUS PLACES!

Wake 2007. Arty-Island. If I was setting-up that Stinger site; three packs of C4 and no damn palm trees.
There are numerous other bad positions in Wake 2007 where a simple chainsaw or pack of C4 would make the AA doubly effective. Heck sometimes just moving the bastard ONE METRE would double the effectiveness.
Sharqi is a bit better but desperately needs the fixed AA on top of the TV Station.
Dragon Valley is alright, but again - give me a chainsaw or trees that aren't immune to C4.
Daqiq, Zatar etc - being able to TURN OFF those gas towers would be good.

Heck. The same is true for the TOW units. No self-respecting solder would set them up where they do. Usually they are just a couple of metres from the perfect spot.

But I have to agree that I hate it when a jet wastes good bombs just to harvest easy infantry kills while the tank rumbles over the bodies of their team-mates.

\\'

Last edited by Windrider_Melb (2006-08-02 19:29:01)

^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6479|"Near Det.", MI

Sgt_Stutta wrote:

if u ask me there should be AAs at every main base with a diff shade of color as sort of a "no fly zone" where any unfriendly planes that fly into it will have AA's automatically shooting them. like two unmanned AA turrets at each MAIN, UNCAP base inside a sort of DMZ or no fly zone to eliminate spawn rapes and friendly planes being shot down while trying to repair or rearm. just my thoughts though. and like 100 of them on wake island on the carrier lol. no jet would ever make it to the carrier. wouldnt that be nice.
The best idea I've heard so far...+1
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6502|Minnesota eh
play SF, no jets, nuff said
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6471|San Diego, CA
The only problem with landing is that its probably hard to take off again since the runways are just airstrips. Unless I'm doing it wrong, its hard to turn a full 180 degrees to start taking off again, unless you are in the F-35.
maestrium
+13|6478|Arizona
its a war game get over it
buttered noodle
+16|6638|ohio

starkingdoms wrote:

infantry mode...can't wait.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6612
don't like jets/ helis/ tanks/ apcs???? go play cs or america's army. we need to get rid of whiners in order to fix the game
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6498|Alabama, United States
I can honestly agree with you here.
I've played PRMM and even though I'm a pretty good chopper/jet pilot, I PREFER being vulnerable while re-arming my jet.  It actually makes you have to be good to get your kills... and it makes dog fighting all the more important, because if you don't take out enemy jets before you land, you get raped while you re-arm...
Anyway, I think it also adds some more strategic value to air fields, since not only must they stay under your
control, now they have to actually be DEFENDED from infantry.
                                                       ^^^^^<<<Not a word that most BF2 12 year olds have in their vocab =\

*Edit* I'd also like to say that ground AA needs a buff.  I am sick and freaking tired of AA missles flying THROUGH planes. I mean, WTF is that? It goes all the way to the plane, decides it doesn't want to kill it and instead feels like slamming a friendly jet across the map =\  Nothing huge, Maybe just making missle detection... somehow better?  Portable AA would also be nice... Not even anything big, Just like a one shot, portable stinger engineers could maybe get... Not enough to actually kill a full hp jet, but enough to scare it off, or finish one off.

Last edited by Hellfire(Fish) (2006-08-03 19:44:17)

HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6573

R3v4n wrote:

Or you could just be better at AA i took down two j10's a z10 and a PLA Transport chopper in one round all with a single AA site its not hard to shoot down Air units you just have to have the know how to do it. the best tip i can offer is stand next to the AA site wait for the jet to pass hop in and fire away, you will either make them return to base drop flares for another jet to own it, or the idiot will fly past again with out any repairs.  Learn to use AA and you can take down any air unit.
Wow, so you got 5, maybe 6 kills with the AA that round?  Damn, screw jet whoring, watch out for the new whores now, AA whores!!
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6497|Melbourne, Australia

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Wow, so you got 5, maybe 6 kills with the AA that round?  Damn, screw jet whoring, watch out for the new whores now, AA whores!!
But how many tickets did he save his team by downing those two jets? How many more did he save because the pilots now started thinking about AA instead of focussing entirely on ground attack? And how many tickets did he save by taking down a chopper that was probably off to cap an undefended flag?

I like that someone, somewhere is thinking about playing a team game rather than just concentrating on how many kills and points they can make in a round.

\\'
K0rnifIcati0N
+2|6470

YunDog wrote:

without this simple chnage - this game is dead
Well I checked. And this game is very much alive. Alive and kicking, what, 2 years after its release? Heck, people still play bf:1942. And they probably will until the end of time.
vjs
+19|6764
I know there are alot of air lovers out there some people like jets as much as I like taking it up the ...

but face it you can only come once... - for anyone not in a jet - 90% of the other players just take the tub stake and suck the big one

- Air power and good player but specifically ones with large Jets are wrecking havoc on my ass-ettes

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Edited for content
sure and tanks shouldn't be able to shoot ground troops, and and aa should lock on and and and and and and YOU SUCK...

sorry but I've spent hours on both the ground and in the air, what's happening is people who are good in planes are keeping them in the air. But if you get a decent player on the otherside who can fly the jet... the bomber becomes alot less effective.

Next time spawn on the island and don't loose all the bases, man an aa once in a while...

Oh and learn how to post your stats so we can see exactly how much time you spent in aa and how much you whore a tank....
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6635

vjs wrote:

Oh and learn how to post your stats so we can see exactly how much time you spent in aa and how much you whore a tank....
Here are YunDog's stats just in case some people wanted to know...And it looks like he does like to armour whore in Karkand. I'm guessing this is just another, "I'm getting killed to much by ______! Please nerf it!" thread.
spray_and_pray
+52|6484|Perth. Western Australia
LOL look at his plane stats 0 kills 7 deaths
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6678|Hell's prison
Owned?  Anyone?  Aww screw it i tried.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard