iCePepper
+1|6471
UBAR list of Requirements:

* Score: 200,000
    * Notes: Highest rank of the month

However the 'Highest rank of the month' requirement is a little vague. A playing buddy got the 4 star rank on July 1st. It is a bit mysterious to me because after looking at his and my stats for the month of June, I had more points than he in June. He will even say he has no clue how he achieved the rank of 4 star general.

Is there anybody outside of EA's staff who knows how a 3 star becomes a 4 star? Forum searches here and at EA are filled with speculation but no definitive answer.

ps. At the time of this post I counted 34 generals with 4 stars and the lowest global rank of any 4 star was 55.

---------EDIT - September 1, 2006
I'm fairly certain that the highest rank of the month requirement is satisfied if you are in the Top 50 (Global Score) at the end of the month. NuShadow was the first in thread to mention the Top 50 requirement. I'm just adding the 'end of the month' part.

* Score: 200,000
    * Notes: Be in the Top 50 (Global Score) at the end of the month (Midnight Pacific Time)

---------END EDIT

Last edited by iCePepper (2006-09-01 02:10:55)

iCePepper
+1|6471
57 views - no response...

I imagine the lack of responses are two-fold
1) Since not many people are close to this rank - who cares? right
2) EAs criteria for earining the 4th star is mysterious and cryptic.

Anyone from the BF2S staff care to comment?
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6563|England
ask them, send em an email.
iCePepper
+1|6471

JohnnyBlanco wrote:

lol, like they are even going to look at it before 2142 comes out. But if they did, what would that email address be?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

you are put in line behind all others that meet that requirement, and they just go down the line every month
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6797|Portland, OR, USA

iCePepper wrote:

456 people have over 200,000 points, including many people here on this forum. I'd hardly call that few people, but maybe that's just me.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
iCePepper
+1|6471
Can anyone from the BF2S staff comment on this topic?

Anyone, anyone..... Bueller?

Last edited by iCePepper (2006-08-07 14:57:39)

NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6475|woodbridge, VA
be a lieutenant general in the top 50
iCePepper
+1|6471

NuShadow wrote:

Good guess but there are 4 star Generals at spots 56, 57 and 58

Thats why I am hoping someone from the BF2S staff reads this thread and comments.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

iCePepper wrote:

NuShadow wrote:

Thats why I am hoping someone from the BF2S staff reads this thread and comments.
the staff doesnt know any more than the rest of us. as i said before, you are put into line behind everyone else that meets the requirements, and then they just get to you eventually
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center

iCePepper wrote:

NuShadow wrote:

Not everyone in the top 50 is a Lieutenant General.  Look at Blazin for instance.  Even though he has more points than mostly everyone, he won't be a General.

First you need to be a Lieutenant general.  Then you need to rank in the top50 Lieutenant Generals for each month.
kuntpunch_37
Banned
+7|6485|Little Rock, Arkansas bitches

Viper007Bond wrote:

iCePepper wrote:

456 people have over 200,000 points, including many people here on this forum. I'd hardly call that few people, but maybe that's just me.
But a shitload of those people aren't generals because they can't get vet helicopter or vet aviator.  I'm also curious as to exactly how it's awarded, but I assume it's the 3 star general with the highest score from month to month.
Spytech
+7|6550

JohnnyBlanco wrote:

Might work?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6519|Belgium

iCePepper wrote:

NuShadow wrote:

It is the top 50 of lieutenant generals (not LG's in the top 50 but the 50 best LGs). As to why there are also generals at spots 56 etc...

a) at least 10 people in the top 50 are not lieutenant general
b) at least 10 people in the top 50 are not active anymore
(c) or maybe general also has a time requirement)?
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6835|Waikato, Aotearoa
Hmmz kinda makes me wonder if the reqs for SMOTC are the same for the General..........
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6577|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
You have to have the points, the time, and then hold Lt. General for at least a month to get general.  I think thats why all the generals rank up on the first of each month.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6687|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
be in the top 50 Lt generals that have met reqs for 4 star
Altophish
+8|6492
They paint all the names of the 3 stars on the backs of turtles and have round robbin drag races in the back hall.  The top 10 finishers are your new 4 stars.
Simple.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6659|Sydney, Australia

Altophish wrote:

They paint all the names of the 3 stars on the backs of turtles and have round robbin drag races in the back hall.  The top 10 finishers are your new 4 stars.
Simple.
It all makes sense now.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

be in the top 50 Lt generals that have met reqs for 4 star
That's what I thought.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
iCePepper
+1|6471
Quotes from above:

1. Arguing on forums is like running a race in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

2. They paint all the names of the 3 stars on the backs of turtles and have round robbin drag races in the back hall.  The top 10 finishers are your new 4 stars.
Simple.
LMFAO

Last edited by iCePepper (2006-08-08 19:59:03)

MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6649|San Francisco, CA
Send EA Money. Lots of it....maybe even sexual acts.
Ranger0405
+3|6740|Cali, USA
I used search to find this topic and I was wondering the same thing what are the real Req. for General . Iam getting close in points but not hrs . But I think it would be good to know.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
I believe its 1440h.
Ranger0405
+3|6740|Cali, USA
Requirements:

Score: 200,000
Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime  < See thats for 3 star

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard