ChyneseGUY
+20|6500
Today i found i shot down a black hawk full of people and one cobra with the PKM. In the case of the black hawk it was hovering above me and i just sprayed at it and after about 60% of the clip was used it exploded. Mind you it wasnt smoking or anything and i didnt see any other copters or airplanes shooting at it. In the cobra case its side was facing me cuz it was shooting at something i coulndt see behind the next building. Again i just sprayed and eventually it blew up. This one was smoking though. So is shooting down copters with MGs a viable method or did i just get lucky? Also this turned out to be a great way to improve my accuracy stat for mgs lol. It went from 13% to 15% after getting 200+ hits on both of them.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6665
sounds like fun. however, i prefer the TOW. 1 hit and theyre gone. i had fun my friend and some gunner kept attacking the market place (on dragon valley) and i shot them both down in the tow at least 5 times. not to mention the other 2 that happened at vista point. TOW vs. choppers FTW
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6721|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Not really a great way to do damage on them, MAYBE with the PKM, but I do know that the M95 does serious damage to Jets, if you miss the pilot, and I think it is around 10-15 shots on an attack helicopter with M95 to take them down
Brasso
+1,549|6646

Yep it is a viable method.  Try to use the PKM, if not, use the MG36.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6505|Kamloops, BC Canada
Hmmm funny story about the TOW vs. helicopters.

Today on Sharqi I was at the hotel spawn point and an attack helicopter came at me from the water. The helicopter was smoking. So... I shot the TOW missile and hit it right in the windshield.

The weird thing was that it didn't die. Instead... the missle killed the pilot, but not the passenger.

The helicopter then started to rise up and spin really fast. Then the blades stopped spinning and it came crashing down, thus killing the passenger.

I couldn't stop laughing but at the same time mad that I didn't get the kill for the passenger.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6665

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

Today on Sharqi I was at the hotel spawn point and an attack helicopter came at me from the water. The helicopter was smoking. So... I shot the TOW missile and hit it right in the windshield.

The weird thing was that it didn't die. Instead... the missle killed the pilot, but not the passenger.

The helicopter then started to rise up and spin really fast. Then the blades stopped spinning and it came crashing down, thus killing the passenger.

I couldn't stop laughing but at the same time mad that I didn't get the kill for the passenger.
thats weird, in all my TOW vs. chopper melees the TOW always kills the chopper in 1 hit, regardless of damage.
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6768|Leipzig/Germany
some days ago i killed a flying jet with the M95 and even better an attackheli with the jackhammer
ok, both where burning - but so what?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

its alot easier to kill helos with a TV missile.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6635|Manitowoc, WI

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

thats weird, in all my TOW vs. chopper melees the TOW always kills the chopper in 1 hit, regardless of damage.
just a glitch, ive been shot out of the chopper by SRAWs wtihout the chopper taking any damage.  same idea with the tow/tank shells/tv missils/anything really
ChyneseGUY
+20|6500
is it possible to aim a TOW straight up? i never tried. Cuz i shot the Black Hawk from directly under.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6697|Disaster Free Zone

ChyneseGUY wrote:

Also this turned out to be a great way to improve my accuracy stat for mgs lol. It went from 13% to 15% after getting 200+ hits on both of them.
you haven't used that gun much then have you?

Also 15% accuracy is shocking for the PKM.

EDIT: is this you http://bf2s.com/player/75058745/ ??

Doesnt look good man, I'd start about thinking of improving that KD ratio.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-07-31 23:07:49)

Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6700|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i know with the M95 its 4-5 hits to the cockpit to blow it up 2-3 to make it smoke
i have done the plenty of times its funny, i was playing sharqi and i was auto sniping after seeing the pwnage movie and i blow up a white smoke vodnik with 1 shot i was like WTF maybe someone else was shooting and i what ever u know what i mean lol
ChyneseGUY
+20|6500
well yea ive only been playing for a week. Plus i need more RAM lol (im playing wiht 512mb). my framerate is so low i dont know ive been killed until like 10 seconds had elasped on the respawn counter.
Defiance
+438|6687

I shoot down helis with AT kthxbye.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6503
Uhhh PKM takes forever to take out the helo. Jump in a car and use the mounted machine gun, it'll go from full health to dead w/ 50 rounds. Much quicker than the PKM.

Considering the PKM is the same gun as the mounted MG's in the cars it's amazing that they do totally different amount of damage, but that's EA for you! 
Defiance
+438|6687

Greenspan wrote:

Uhhh PKM takes forever to take out the helo. Jump in a car and use the mounted machine gun, it'll go from full health to dead w/ 50 rounds. Much quicker than the PKM.

Considering the PKM is the same gun as the mounted MG's in the cars it's amazing that they do totally different amount of damage, but that's EA for you! 
Err no?

The MMGs in the cars are .50 machine guns.

A PKM isn't a .50 round, it's a 7.62x54.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-08-01 00:12:07)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6689|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im stating the obvious here but if for eg on Sharqui two of you in a sqd are PKM'd up, as they say then you can keep the chopper on its toes and not let it settle and rape.  Try and coax it into the Survelance Post and then whack it with the Anti - Ground thingy they got there.
Jim_Bred
+15|6518

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

i've seen this happen as well, just the pilot dies or just the gunner
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6581|Area 51

DrunkFace wrote:

ChyneseGUY wrote:

Also this turned out to be a great way to improve my accuracy stat for mgs lol. It went from 13% to 15% after getting 200+ hits on both of them.
you haven't used that gun much then have you?

Also 15% accuracy is shocking for the PKM.

EDIT: is this you http://bf2s.com/player/75058745/ ??

Doesnt look good man, I'd start about thinking of improving that KD ratio.
his accuracy was 15% right?
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6645|Tasmania
My favourite is seeing a smoking chopper and nailing it with a pistol... I've got a lot of chopper kills that way.

And yes, my mate [SASR] DarkStevros loves his support kit and uses it to take down choppers all the time.
Noken
Banned - Noken Impersonator
+3|6525
i have been the gunner when the pilot has been killed

i'm going wtf? fly steady you idiot

before crashing to the ground and realising he wasn't there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard