.44 Mag/ .44 Special6%6% - 16
.45 Colt20%20% - 49
Other, Explain.11%11% - 28
Total: 241
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

BallisticallyYours wrote:

The 9mm is good in only a few situations 1. it has no recoil 2. it has a low penetration rate (won't pass through walls well *aka* into the neighbors house) 3. higher cap mags..... but you'll need three times the ammo to incapacitate, thus the problem. At least use the .40.
Mmm, not all true at all, but it is your opinion I guess.  Yes the .45 has more stopping power, but "you'll need three times the ammo to incapacitate" cmon....

It has a higher penetration rate... with FMJ bullets and JHP even when compared to .45 FMJ in some cases.........so.......
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

stryyker wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Most police agencies use .40 S&W.......
in my area, they use 9mm semiautomatics
Well yes, maybe in your area, but more than 85% of Police agencies in the U.S. use .40 S&W as a main service firearm cartridge.
if the LAPD was smart, they would use .40+ caliber rounds

all the 9mm does to a shot up gangster is makes him mad.
SealXo
+309|6544
I say .45 all the way 9mm is german and im not to cool with the nazis.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
9mm is a junk peice of shit round to use against anybody.  cant wait till the army goes back to the M1911 (it could happen)
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

Not so my .45  is a nice clip to about 25 yards 2-3 inch groups.
What??  "my .45 is a nice clip"
SealXo
+309|6544
hahah. LAPD uses 9mm hollows though. pisses them off with some shattered intestines
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

cant wait till the army goes back to the M1911 (it could happen)
SOCOM is already looking for a JCP (Joint Combat Pistol) that is eventually going to replace the M9...... hopefully.
InnerMonkey
+62|6726
It's just stating my opinion, no sort of gospel.  Take it as you will, but keep the 12 year old comments to yourself please.

Despite carrying a .45ACP myself (Ruger P90), I still voted for the ol' 38.  You'd be hard pressed to find a larger caliber gun in such a small package that offers all the same benefits.  A person can get a nice snub-nosed revolver on the cheap.  Ammo is cheap.  The gun is accurate in close quarters.  Hell....recoil isn't even bad.  If you're in a situation where you need more ammo, you're in bad shape.  5-6 shots should be enough to save your ass.  If think it isn't, take a class and learn how to shoot more intelligently (note I didn't say accurately).

Yes, I know the issues with 38 and 357 velocity and stopping power.  In close counter self defense (that's what I topic the topic as), it's plenty.

Yes, I know you can get tiny little .40 caliber handguns on the cheap (like a KAR or some such).  Problem is, these guns aren't that great to shoot.  It's hard to practice a lot with a gun that pounds the shit out of your hand every time you fire it.  My wife shot the little KAR once, and she won't touch it again.  She likes shooting, so to me, that says a lot.  Taking that as a generalization, that's a whole gender this type of gun doesn't fit well.  Speaking of fit, bigger guns like my P90 are a little too big for me (although I could bludgeon someone to death with it), much less a woman's smaller hands.  The 38 is small enough for most anyone to handle easily.

For emergency self defense, a revolver is sweet and simple.  No jams, no slide, hell no exposed hammer if that's what you want.  It may be considered old school, but the old school saying still holds true....you can always trust a revolver to fire when you pull the trigger.  A person that keeps semi-auto in good working condition and uses an ammo the gun likes will nary have a problem, but for general c&c, a revolver is better for the average joe/jane.

All this being said, a .40 caliber semi-auto will most likely be my next gun purchase.
SealXo
+309|6544
Whats it matter about there Handguns anyways. If they needed to shoot theyd pull out the loaded Spaz-12 12 guageout of the back and blow you away
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
Handguns suck anyways. might as well carry a bolt and crossbow.....jk. but Im not a fan of handguns.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-07-31 20:33:37)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6681|Houston, Texas
I enjoy my .40 S&W in my Glock 27 Compact. Since it's a small "backup" gun, the .40 still gives good knock down power, but with manageable recoil. Though if you run the normal run of the mill 180 grain's through it, it is a bit rough. Better with the 165's, and super with the 140 grains in that regard.

.45 is great, but you cant fit as many in a mag. Also they cost more per round then say 9mm. That was another major deciding factor for me to go with the .40, cost to shoot it.

Last edited by alien-DSW-Gen (2006-07-31 20:40:57)

BallisticallyYours
+23|6639|Chicago, IL

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

It means "shot" how old are you... just curious, I'm sorry if my termanology is ancient.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6526|Montucky
my department uses .45 ACP (1911's FTW!!!), The Highway Patrol uses 40 S & W..

but on the SRT team, i use my Beretta 92FS 9MM
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

.45 is great, but you cant fit as many in a clip.
Magazine.  Don't even try to argue....please I'm done with that issue.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

It means "shot" how old are you... just curious, I'm sorry if my termanology is ancient.
Hmmm I'm 21,

never heard that something is a nice clip unless someone is mistakingly calling a magazine a clip.

How old are you!?
InnerMonkey
+62|6726

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

I enjoy my .40 S&W in my Glock 27 Compact. Since it's a small "backup" gun, the .40 still gives good knock down power, but with manageable recoil.

.45 is great, but you cant fit as many in a clip. Also they cost more per round then say a 9mm or .40.
I like the S&W too.  I keep looking at them, just haven't bought one yet.

In my .45, I have 8 shot mags.  ....wish it held more   I have a couple 10 shot mags, but they're pretty crappy (and they stick out too far).

Last edited by InnerMonkey (2006-07-31 20:39:25)

BallisticallyYours
+23|6639|Chicago, IL
27. Its ok, I'm just a .45 die hard had one since I was 12, and a 9mm since I turned 18. I've never called a mag a clip before *heh*

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-07-31 20:40:51)

SealXo
+309|6544
In technical terms wouldnt you call a "clip like a rifle magazine?

I dont thin kyou can technically call a pistols mag a clip? can you? Never heard that before

Ive heard "yo toss a ak clip" but not "toss a m9 clip man"
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

InnerMonkey wrote:

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

I enjoy my .40 S&W in my Glock 27 Compact. Since it's a small "backup" gun, the .40 still gives good knock down power, but with manageable recoil.

.45 is great, but you cant fit as many in a clip. Also they cost more per round then say a 9mm or .40.
I like the S&W too.  I keep looking at them, just haven't bought one yet.

In my .45, I have 8 shot mags.  ....wish it held more   I have a couple 10 shot mags, but they're pretty crappy (and they stick out too far).
Oooh you changed it just in time.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA
Ok...here we go

https://www3.telus.net/nws_stuff/clip_versus_mag.jpg

MAGAZINE
https://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/mag1911.gif

Clips:

https://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/rifle/M1_garand_clip.gif

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MGR-343.jpg

If you don't believe, do some research on a FIREARM related website that isn't retarded.  I'm so sick of explaining this.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-07-31 20:44:52)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6526|Montucky

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

.45 is great, but you cant fit as many in a clip.
Magazine.  Don't even try to argue....please I'm done with that issue.
i'm tired of arguing about the whole clip/magazine issue aswell.. they are goddamn magazines.

Clips were used in the M-1 Garand.

*EDIT* damn you beat me to it........

Last edited by [1FR]S3v3N (2006-07-31 20:45:45)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
to get more technical, a gun is a peice of artillery.  so when we say" hey thats a nice a gun" you are saying "hey, thats nice artillery peice"

unless you are saying HANDGUN or MACHINE GUN

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-07-31 20:47:00)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6652|Seattle, WA

[1FR]S3v3N wrote:

*EDIT* damn you beat me to it........
Hehe, also stripper clips for fixed magazine well bolt action and semi-auto rifles, etc.

En bloc for the Garand.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

I have the .40 S&W.  I liked it because I felt it was the best compromise. The knockdown power between, magazine capacity, and controlability all fall between that of the 9mm and .45 ACP.
[JiF]Timmay!
+0|6705

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

.45 is great, but you cant fit as many in a mag. Also they cost more per round then say 9mm. That was another major deciding factor for me to go with the .40, cost to shoot it.
Does how many you can stuff into a mag really mean much any more? I thought they had banned the making of new high-cap mags years ago (in the US, at least) and pre-ban mags are insanely expensive.. OTOH, if you've got the money, you can still find 15 round mags that'll fit in a .45 Glock 21. It's heavy but will get pretty much any job done.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard