Duramen1
+0|6752|wa,usa
anyone ever feel bad after a round where your team takes all the waypoints except the one that can't be taken?  Then your entire team circles the last point and just takes aim on anything that moves?  I was part of this tonight and it got so bad i got out with  my knife and pistol and still got 5 or so kills and only died once. i almost quit the round cause it felt pathetic but I ended the round with the second most kills 19 the top was 20 and the most team points of 17 got a gold star but kinda hated myself for doing it.

So has anyone else ever been part of this and did you feel cheap?
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6752|Derby, England
I think circling the base at a distance without entering it is OK, basically giving the enemy a sporting chance to break out. Going into the base and shredding everything that appears on a spawn point, thats just asking to be kicked.

I've been on the receiving end quite a few times, and it isnt enjoyable. This includes servers that said anyone base raping will be kicked, but the clan who owned the servers were doing exactly that. I must admit I try to stay out of it as there is quite a high potential for being kicked / banned and losing all your points.

I once chased a helicopter back to the carrier on Gulf of Omar. I blew up the helicopter, but the anti air locked on me, so I blew that up as well. A few seconds later I got kicked.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra

Thanatos247 wrote:

I think circling the base at a distance without entering it is OK, basically giving the enemy a sporting chance to break out. Going into the base and shredding everything that appears on a spawn point, thats just asking to be kicked.

I've been on the receiving end quite a few times, and it isnt enjoyable. This includes servers that said anyone base raping will be kicked, but the clan who owned the servers were doing exactly that. I must admit I try to stay out of it as there is quite a high potential for being kicked / banned and losing all your points.

I once chased a helicopter back to the carrier on Gulf of Omar. I blew up the helicopter, but the anti air locked on me, so I blew that up as well. A few seconds later I got kicked.
i dont think any server will kick your whole team for containing the enemy in there only base, isn the point of the game to get all the cp's you can?
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6752|Derby, England
I agree containment is quite acceptable, and is the only way to try to stop the control points being taken back.

However, there's a difference between sitting on the outskirts of a base, and having ten tanks sitting next to all the spawn points shredding people as the appear.

If a server admin is on the receiving end of that, he wil soon get angry and start kicking people. In humble opinion of course!
perfarms2
+0|6775
If your team is bad enough to allow this situation to happen, you deserve to loose the round, quickly.
It takes just a small amount of teamwork and/or power of observation to prevent it.

It would be great if EA added an option to "Vote Surrender".  That is by majority vote, a team in this situation could spare themselves the misery of a slaughter, and end the round early.
Kriznik
+0|6773
welll base raping ... as someone wrote in this forum "there isnt such a thing as base raping" ... when your team is uselles and cant do anything for capturing other flags it is your fault, enemy wouldn wait for you at capturable flags!!! ....

what you guys thinking? one team want to win and when there aren any chance to meet enemy on "capturable" point they will go to your main base

i totaly agree with this style of battle... they are better, so DEFEND or do something .... not only shout "base rape" ....
Kriznik
+0|6773
It would be great if EA added an option to "Vote Surrender".  That is by majority vote, a team in this situation could spare themselves the misery of a slaughter, and end the round early.
nooo ... i like beating this kind of teams to ZERO!
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6755
Spawncamping has been part of pretty much every FPS, especially uncap spawns in other games.

You either need a way to deter people from doing that, and that needs to be hard coded in game some how, some solution, or you leave it as is, and just deal with it every now and again.

The reason you are on your team is to be a help secure a win, if your actions aren't helping the team win, in some way or form, then why play. If the best way to do that is base raping, spawn camping. Then do it.

All's fair in love and war.
pinky_81
+1|6791|Denmark
Baseraping (being in the middle of a base blasting spawning people to hell - often with violent weapons of mass destruction) uncapturable CPs is not fair - no matter how bad the other team is you should stay away... At least give people a sporting chance to spawn and take cover before you blast them with apc's helicopters and tanks... There is a reason why you cannot capture it and it is NOT so you can base rape
If you can capture the last enemy CP you should make a go for it instead of racking up easy kills or as above back off if you don't want to...

If the enemy has more than one base just kill the suckers that spawn there... I often camp the Bridge CP in Kubra Dam from up the little building because I'm often a lone medic on foot and cant capture it alone as there is always 1-3 Anti-Tank guys down there... At least I can make their short lives hell until I receive backup or I get bored...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
its  a war game.....who ever said war was fair?
pinky_81
+1|6791|Denmark
It's a warGAME... It's supposed to be FUN for all players

I can take it when people "use the game's possibilities" and I get a shell before I can pull the trigger, but It isn't nearly as being surrounded and duking it out to see if I can get past the enemy...
ReaperUK
+0|6754

the_heart_attack wrote:

its  a war game.....who ever said war was fair?
Indeed, the aim is to win by any means possible.
pinky_81
+1|6791|Denmark
true - and that is why base raping is prohibited on Ea Official Servers??

EDIT: Btw It really doesn't happen that often?? I don't think it is a real big problem...

Last edited by pinky_81 (2005-11-03 02:56:25)

HG_TheTank
+2|6767

Thanatos247 wrote:

I agree 100%
Rather loose with honor then win by such means!
But I do have personal guidelines:
You are in your base and not participating in the fight you are off limits.
If you participate you are a fair target, even if you sit in your base.
If you leave the base you are a fair target.
If I do enter a base it is to destroy something, be they statics (artillery, radar) or unoccipied tanks/planes.
I do not steal tanks or planes. Jeeps are ok imho and only to leave.
This is not real war but a game.

The other person paid money to have fun as well.
It is called integrity.

The heli in your example was a fair target even if he retreats.

'Indeed, the aim is to win by any means possible.'
So cheating is ok?
It includes 'any means'...
Good to know that some support cheating.

It is, promarily, a game.
Though I am not suprised some would justify their acts simply by claiming it is a 'war' game.
Runs right along with justifications for genocide, torture, murder...
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6755

HG_TheTank wrote:

'Indeed, the aim is to win by any means possible.'
So cheating is ok?
It includes 'any means'...
Good to know that some support cheating.

It is, promarily, a game.
Though I am not suprised some would justify their acts simply by claiming it is a 'war' game.
Runs right along with justifications for genocide, torture, murder...
Don't put words in someone elses mouth. Cheating is not what we are talking about here, get off your high horse of "some support cheating".  Any means possible that is already a part of the game, part of any FPS or game where people spawn is killing those people as soon as possible before they pose a threat. Cheating uses an exploit or a program that alters the game. The game as is, has no deterence not to camp a uncap base or any base really.

And don't take it into the justifications for genocide, torture and murder. Those are real world crimes and completely and totally different from what we are talking about here. It is a game in a war setting, and as such many things are unfair in war.

The goal of my team is too win, the ways to win is to keep the enemy dead, a good way to do that is to kill them as they spawn, which also can put you in quite a bit of danger. The other problem is that the uncap base is usually a hotspot for enemy assets, including aircraft and tanks. Ideally there should be an alternate spawn point to use besides that base, like on Sharqi the one flag has like 3 spawn points, and 3 uncaps make it harder to camp all 3 bases at once.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard