Microwave
_
+515|6665|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Firstly:

I think this is the right section as it is related to bf2.

Secondly:

I have searched!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Right, I am getting a joystick for bf2 to 'enrich my gaming experience'!

I am stuck between the Logitech Force 3D Pro and the Saitek Cyborg Evo.

I am fine with the Logitech but it seems abit...'plasticy' wheres the Saitek features some nice metalwork!

Also does the Saitek have force feedback?

Aswell as that I'm just looking for general opinions and/or comparisons.

Any help would be apprieciated 

~JameS~
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

saitek does not have feedback. It's gay. Seriously, try to find a microsoft sidewinder force feedback. It's the best joystick I've ever used.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
Saitek x52 ftw
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6753|Topside

King_County_Downy wrote:

saitek does not have feedback. It's gay. Seriously, try to find a microsoft sidewinder force feedback. It's the best joystick I've ever used.
Saitek DO have force feedback.
I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo and it's a real nice stick,not force feedback but I don't need that crap anyway.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

K, maybe they do but not the one I have. I should've been a little more specific. All I know is my sidewinder is smooth, feels like you're really flying, has a heavy base so in a panic maneuver, it stays on the table. The Pepsi challenge came back 100% sidewinder FTW
Microwave
_
Thanks for everyones input. What does the Saitek Cyborg Evo feel like to use? Well put together?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

If I may... It's spring is to tight. It weighs about 3 ounces so you have to put downward pressure on it to keep the base steady (or hold it down with your other hand). It feels like I'm fighting with it. I don't like the thumb buttons, the lower 3 stick out too far for me.
Dr0pped
+8|6765|Ontario, Canada

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Saitek x52 ftw
What he said.... I have used logitech. microsoft and the Saitek evo...the x52 is the system that I prefer. I kinda prefer the two-handed approach
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6837|Lithuania
Logitech extreme 3d pro, because I have the highest K-D in a jet out of all of them.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Microwave
_

King_County_Downy wrote:

If I may... It's spring is to tight. It weighs about 3 ounces so you have to put downward pressure on it to keep the base steady (or hold it down with your other hand). It feels like I'm fighting with it. I don't like the thumb buttons, the lower 3 stick out too far for me.
Thanks, thats important, it would annoy me holding it down. I guess you stopped using it then? (you switched to the sidewinder?)

Dr0pped wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Saitek x52 ftw
What he said.... I have used logitech. microsoft and the Saitek evo...the x52 is the system that I prefer. I kinda prefer the two-handed approach
Nah, two-handed isnt my style, too much hassle, i'm just deciding between those two really; single stickage.
Thanks though.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6666|Lancaster Ohio, USA
I personally use an XBOX 360 controller...it's comfortable to hold and ya can program it to do everything ya need to do in an aircraft...it's real nice...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

I just  inherited (sad story) a new computer and it came with the saitek. My roomate (who still plays on the Downy account) uses the microsoft stick cuz he sucks at flying anyways. As soon as I can find another Microsoft stick, I'm going to buy it.

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-07-30 13:43:53)

dontfeedthenerd
+38|6558
I use the Saitek Cyborg Evo, it's decent... Only bitch I have about the logitech is that it seems to have a lifespan of .... 3 months give or take. My friend uses one, for Flight sims,  and he's had to replace it quite a bit.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

I use the Saitek Cyborg Evo, it's decent... Only bitch I have about the logitech is that it seems to have a lifespan of .... 3 months give or take. My friend uses one, for Flight sims,  and he's had to replace it quite a bit.
I've had mine for like 5 or more years. I can't remember when I bought it but I've never had any problems with mine. I think I got it when Flight Sim 2000 came out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard