One of my friends (who plays WoW) says that games like Battlefield 2 are just propaganda to encourage young people to go to war. I just laughed and laughed! What person would want to go to a battlefield where people kill you as soon as you get there? Where people hack and cheat? I mean BF2 as propaganda? It could look a lot more glamorous. Although it doesn't even have blood, so? Anyways what do you think?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6590|UK

Slap him for daring to have an opinion.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6747|Antarctica
America's Army is propaganda, games like BF2 are not.

Bell wrote:

I was just wondering where the line is drawn. I sort of agree with his comments.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6781
Tell your friend to watch the video in this link and let him know that WOW is teaching players to be Wankers.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35078
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6591|CH/BR - in UK

Seeing as BF2 is so unrealistic in many ways, and obviously not a sim, I think it's idiocy to think of it as propaganda... Perhaps he overlooked the fact that you don't respawn after 15 seconds if you are killed in a real war...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6761|California

too bad for the terrorists i will be diving all around and yelling at the people in my LAV to "Bail Out!"
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6683|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
i'll prone spam so those terrorists complain of me hacking.. then the war will end with 300 tickets remaining.. i wont die once.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6686|Ohio
well when ever wow players talk to me i just yell "Theres a Level 60 Gnome Warlock behind you!" Usually that distracts them long enough to get away.
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6717
I don't think you can use h4x in a real war
spawnofthemist
Banned

xstax981 wrote:

want a bet?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6570|Global Command
The Arguement is that violent video games ( don't carry on about how bf2 isn't violent I played Postal 2 and loved it! )    desensitizes people to be more accustomed to killing.
     In that way, if thats the governments desires, to have you driving a tank and killing thy neighbor for fighter-bombers, sure its propaganda.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6591|CH/BR - in UK

how bout the tking for the J-10?
lol
zombiguy
+1|6531

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

America's Army is propaganda, games like BF2 are not.
Was thinking that exact thing when reading the topic...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6716|Canberra, AUS
OMG the secret is released - the US army has been developing aimbots for its DAO-12's!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6591|CH/BR - in UK

you need aimbots for those? If anything, develope one for the m95; I can't hit half the things I could hit with the m24 with it...
zombiguy
+1|6531

Konfusion0 wrote:

you need aimbots for those? If anything, develope one for the m95; I can't hit half the things I could hit with the m24 with it...
they should put the Barret m107 in the game!
that would be FUN!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6716|Canberra, AUS

Konfusion0 wrote:

No, I mean a special aimbot which makes all 8 shells hit the target from 10000m.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6591|CH/BR - in UK

wow...I want one!!! DAAADDYYYYY!!!!
NeoCommander
Banned
+15|6685|USA

Bell wrote:

LOL
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6670|Mexifornia, USA
Postal 2... Classic.
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6717
Dang it, I heard in REAL there are better graphics and FPS. But I heard there are no respawns either. If you get shot, you're dead man dead!!!

spawnofthemist wrote:

xstax981 wrote:

want a bet?
Yup, I use aimbot and chamz all the time in Iraq.
spawnofthemist
Banned

xstax981 wrote:

Dang it, I heard in REAL there are better graphics and FPS. But I heard there are no respawns either. If you get shot, you're dead man dead!!!

spawnofthemist wrote:

xstax981 wrote:

want a bet?
Yup, I use aimbot and chamz all the time in Iraq.
hmmm.. to bitch at you for ruining a classic FPS Doug moment.. or to praise you for quoting it?..

choices...
Defiance
+438|6712

Where FPSDoug came off as "classic" is a mystery to me.
spawnofthemist
Banned

Defiance wrote:

Where FPSDoug came off as "classic" is a mystery to me.
it was in episode 5.. current episode is 11.. and i like it.. therefore.. in my opinion.. it is classic.

end.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard