dshak
+4|6812
okay,

just the other day for the first time ever I was sure I was hacked (regardless of the some of the crackpot theories I heard to explain the grenade throwing chopper and the indestructable artillery cannon). Tonight was the worst night I've had playing this game.

If you check my stats you'll see I don't suck. I'm not phenominal but I'm far from a noob (ps, I hate that word, I feel 11 years old when I use it).

Anyway, tonight I was commanding, and my UAV and Sat Scan were exploding for no reason with nobody within miles of them. Then when I would try to drop supplies on them I'd click it, it would show the supply meter reloading (as if they were dropped) but alas, no supply crate came down.

I reigned artillery down on top of a squad of 8 guys who were spawn camping us, standing in the middle of the road, and none of them died. I quit commanding and decided to run around and try to fight, only to find that every single bullet that hit me, EVERY ONE, killed me! It was head shot heaven apparently. I know people are good, but I took 8 deaths in a row without any damage, just pure one shot kills. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT!

Worst part was, I point it out... the supply thing, oh, and the fact that the other team's artillery is coming down every 9 seconds or so... and all these jackasses on the other team start taunting me saying "only the shitty players complain about hacking." So I say screw it. The second game begins and I figure I'll give it one more try, INSTANTLY there are bad guys all over the place in the US base (kubra) and I can't move... literally.... I'm stuck and they're just runing up knifing me. I respawn. can't move. knife.

It was the most ludacris thing I've ever experienced. Worst part is, there aren't really "screen shots" for much of what was going on. I think BF is close to being ruined, or well on its way.

Gunnery Srgnt. Dshak may retire soon.

On a side note, earlier I had a round of 85 and my first ever good conduct medal... My team won by like 90 tickets... end of the round the scoresheet is completely blank and it just says "round was a draw." no points, no medal! ANYONE ever hear of this before!?!?

blah.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-02 17:00:58)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-
What server were you playing on?
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6779|Northern VA
Same thing happened to me last weekend. Must a new exploit out.
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6809|Canberra, Australia
Mate, that all sounds very bloody sus to me.

There's a few times that I've been one shot killed by guys who just round a corner.. makes you wonder. The fact is that there ARE hacks out there and Punkbuster really just seems to be for decoration.
shaunboulton
+1|6763
personally i dont think i have ever experienced hacking, though i do question some things, but thats just cos i get angry lol. but i had experience artillery problems.
when i gets destroyed, it turns yellow indicating it needs repairing, i look to my horror it is repaired and it looks like an american gun. i thought to myself 'WHAT THE F**K IS GOIN ON HERE*, so i asked around and people say its a glich, is this true??, it was on wake island, the chinese artillery guns.
has anyone else experienced dodgy artillery guns??
Kynon
+0|6757
I've also experienced the whip-'round-the-corner-headshot, but the only time I've ever been sure some shit was going on was when a snazzy new heli appeared on the pad in Mashtuur, we had just cleared the spawn point (UAV confirmed this), I took off and was C4'd in mid-air 20 seconds later.
Sometimes a Spec Ops will C4 a chopper and blow it up a while after you get into the air for kicks, but the base was clear and the chopper had just spawned.
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6762|Austin TX

shaunboulton wrote:

personally i dont think i have ever experienced hacking, though i do question some things, but thats just cos i get angry lol. but i had experience artillery problems.
when i gets destroyed, it turns yellow indicating it needs repairing, i look to my horror it is repaired and it looks like an american gun. i thought to myself 'WHAT THE F**K IS GOIN ON HERE*, so i asked around and people say its a glich, is this true??, it was on wake island, the chinese artillery guns.
has anyone else experienced dodgy artillery guns??
i believe 'dont quote me' that after 1.03 you can steal enemy arty.  i.e.-wake> when USMC controls airfield, they control chinese arty.  thus if you c4 it 'team vehicle damage'
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6765|Trondheim, Norway
yet to seen an obvious hack ingame, and most of the talk i hear about hacks is just to far fetched to be pulled off without re-endering the game unplayable tho the hacker and the hack'e Game glitch and bugs suddenly become hacks and what not.

Really dont se any problems with BF2 and hackers *shrugs*
chickenmuncher
+2|6750| U.S.A.

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
HAHAHA! Lewis Black, he is the best stand-up comic of all time.
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6765|Trondheim, Norway

chickenmuncher wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
HAHAHA! Lewis Black, he is the best stand-up comic of all time.
Amen to that, he's just plain wrong somtimes.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-
Way to derail the thread guys

lol, back on topic.
pfcilng
+0|6766|Northern Illinois University
I did hear about a hack on a thread here a few weeks ago that will let you drop artillery without having to wait for the reload time.  But all the rest seems new to me - was this on a ranked server?
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6780|Charleston SC - USA
Around the corner your opponent comes jumping like they have rocket power in the ass. Split second later your dead with a headshot.

You hear the M95/M24 bullet crack through the fog and you’re dead! HEAD SHOT! BOOM!

You’re a commander and place deliveries to your team and the cursor is ¼” on 1x off to the Southeast.

You are one frustrated Mofo. I have a sneaking suspicion...

---Link Removed---

Last edited by misfire00 (2005-12-14 07:07:43)

dshak
+4|6812
can't remember the server name, but I'll recognize it if I see it again. Next time I'm on I'll check. I looked on that site linked above and sure enough those hacks explain at least SOME of the odd things i saw going on. Also, I use a logitech gamepad to play most of the time, so when I was "frozen" and being knifed I thought maybe it was an issue with the pad, but the keyboard didn't work either.

I don't claim to know or understand enough about gaming and programing to know if some of the things described were or weren't hacks. All I can do is recount what happened. I will say at least a few of the "hacking symptoms" I experienced are all over that msxsecurity web site.

little rat bastards...

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-02 19:40:45)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

cmdwedge wrote:

Punkbuster really just seems to be for decoration.
From what I know of the Punkbuster tech (which I admit isn't much), it's a bit like virus scanners, or pandemic flu vaccines - the hack/exploit/virus/pendemic strain has to exist and be studied in the lab before they can create the cure for it.
cmdwedge
If you read the MSX forums, especially the BF2 post -- it seems that it's 100% PB safe, or close enough.

The question is - why do I bother playing, if I simply cannot kill someone fair and square? Who here wouldn't give $1000 just to beat the shit out of one of these 14 year old kids who ruin the game for everyone else, then scream 'get over it noob LOL'?

If you read through the posts, these kids are continuously going on about how they're pwning noobs on public servers. They truly do not believe that they have no skills - they believe that they're fanstastic at the game! Incredible!

Also.. about the 8th or 9th page, someone has a animated GIF in his signature - looks exactly like the animated GIF of one of the regular forum members here. Coincidence?
cmdwedge
... and it just dawned on me - FRAPS record every single battle you ever have. If you suspect cheating, submit the video to EA. Get their CD-keys banned, and hopefully, it'll cost them so much to keep buying the game over and over that they'll go back to CS.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

cmdwedge wrote:

Also.. about the 8th or 9th page, someone has a animated GIF in his signature - looks exactly like the animated GIF of one of the regular forum members here. Coincidence?
Hmm... So it does... So are 'jimmya' and 'CMDR_Dave' the same person ?

His stats wouldn't seem to suggest so, but maybe 'CMDR_Dave' is just his non-cheaty account ?

Of course, it could just be coincidence...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-11-02 20:32:41)

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6754
Yes, sadly BF2 is now painfully exploited. In te beginning the only hax available for the game were based on some Direct3d exploits, hence the no fog/chams effect hax etc & why people were banned from servers for wall hacking even when the game had just come out. However over the last Month/2 Months since these hax have been 'defunked' new ones have taken their place. I'm afraid all you can do is stick with safe servers you know have admin on who dont tolerate that sort of thing, since punkbuster doesnt look for memory strings or alike, only the hax it knows to exist.

Coincedently if you know of hackers doing wrong on (& I stress this) Ranked Servers (Not unranked ones) that you should email EA with the web link to that site & the players ID. Im sure wth enough emails regarding known hackers & their hacks the problem can be dealt with.

In the meantime... Dont get Mad... Dont Get even... Get a thesaurus & insult them in new & interesting ways!
cmdwedge
I have once been called out for 'OMGHAX' when I shottied a guy coming at me. His mate behind him (squaddie) killed me a second later. It was a lucky shot, to the head, approx 15m away. No hacks at all. It was quite the compliment!

I don't even bother with cheats in any games I own. Play the game properly, if you cheat, you might as well just watch a movie. No challenge for the lose.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6779|Northern VA
When playing single player in any game I have no problem with cheats, hell they sure make GTA more fun- but in BF2- or any game where I'm pitted against other people I don't see the point. I'm coming from Ultima Online where I used EasyUO to script just about every aspect of the game except PvP. Fighting monsters- boring, script it. Gotta gather a million ingots- boring, script it. But not PvP.
In BF2 I have gained actual skill, real hand eye coordination. I've learned to use the interface, learned to anticipate moves and develop strategy. I've learned to use the kits better and I've learned how to work in a team. That's what I'm proud of. My medals and ribbons they came naturally. I didn't make it a point to get them. Maybe I'm crazy but I play this game for my own reasons, and using exploits- it just goes against every reason I have.
Yeah, it pisses me off the others use exploits, and I think it's stupid that these kids are so jacked up about 'owning' people when the only skill they have is downloading- but for me it just doesn't make any sense, I can't get my brain around it. I do not see the joy that could come from playing multiplayer with hacks. I don't know- maybe it's something that goes away with puberty; that would explain a lot.
I'm on a single-player kick right now- after last weekend I'd rather kill bots than go online. Fuck 'em.

Last edited by Omnimalice (2005-11-02 20:58:14)

dshak
+4|6812
holy crap man,

I just read some of that forum on that hacker site... what a bunch of jackasses. I can't believe they go on and on about how they "own" BF2 without the hacks and they use them just to keep the game interesting. are you f****ing kidding me!?!

firstly, the very existence of that sight pretty much means all my worst fears realized. Secondly, these people to me represent the very worst kind of cheaters. They are the self righteous who seem to think its okay and don't have any appreciation that they RUIN the game for all of us who love it... when its on a FAIR PLAYING FIELD.

The truth is that they either suck too bad to play without hacking, or they are too lazy to learn how to do it effectively without it.

I'm frustrated. After what happened to me tonight and what I just read I'm just completely disgruntled with the whole experience. Some of you may have noticed my posts in the 'praise' section, and if you did read them you know I get supreme enjoyment out of this game and also talking about it with you all... but this just leaves a bad, bad taste in my mouth.

In the 'real world' I am a college soccer coach (which should explain why I have so much time for BF2 and BF2 forums), I thrive on competition. I have no tolerence for cheating or for cheaters.  To me, any victory earned outside the rules of the competition is a defeat, because the second you step outside the even field you've already conceded that your opponent is the better competitor.

I'm looking for my thesarus right now... but there's no word brutal enough for how I feel about these cheaters.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-02 21:26:00)

CBRad929
+1|6783
Dshak:

Competition is good.  However only take is so far, because you'll get an aneurism.  (I'm a competitor as well, 5x National AAU champion and 3x USAKF champion when I was actively competing).

I find when I start getting frustrated, its better to turn the game off and go play something else for a while or watch a movie.

I've delt with cheaters/glitchers and kiddie-scripters since TFC and CS 1.1.  A lot of times its really really hard to tell a cheater from a good player if the cheater knows how to hide their "tracks" but that doesnt mean to say that the cheaters are not out there.

Im tired of waiting for PB or any anti-cheat software to be pro-active and prevent people from playing.  The only real way to deal with the problem is to find a server that is actively administered and policed.  Sometimes its a bit too far and gets to be gestapo, but sometimes its worth it.

Based on EA's current support model and patching promises, Im not hopeful that the issue will be resolved quickly or efficently if at all.

I guess the bottom line of what Im trying to say is:  BF2 is a good and fun game, but its not a great game.  Dont get yourself sick over jerks that need to cheat to win.  Find a fun server with good admins and you'll forget about having to police cheaters.

Edit:  Also the artillery not taking damage isnt a crackpot theory...It was a proven glitch.

Last edited by CBRad929 (2005-11-03 13:37:29)

j00han
+0|6808|netherlands
I don't get this one to the person in the score list above me has 10 points to but no kills and no teamwork to he aint commander
but he still has 10 points. Is this a hack or a glitch??
https://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2928/screen0225ab.th.png

His stats don look weird

Last edited by j00han (2005-11-03 15:08:21)

NATRONIS
+0|6759
i have had the blank end screen calling the game a draw, robbing me of my gold medal, valorous ribbon, and meritous ribbon. and now the game will not acknowledge that i gained these ribbons, but it wont allow me to regain these ribbons even though ive met the criteria many times after. i dont think this is a hack, its just a really lousy glitch.
ive gotten nailed with the team vehicle damage c4ing the enemies artillery, but only on wake island. i think this is only a glitch, too.
as for other hacks, you know some people will slip through the cracks and exploit the situation to their likings. my best advise is to just jump onto a new server. i dont have time for cheaters and i would rather not give them an opportunity to kill me.
https://bf2s.com/player/36150622/awards.jpg

Last edited by NATRONIS (2005-11-03 17:15:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard