stef10
+173|6452|Denmark
Today i experienced something, that i call very unmoral. While i was driving my tank i got hit by a missile, and had to repair the vehicle immediately. Then I drove away from the rest of my team to ensure security from struggles. Them my gunner took the vehicle, while i was repairing and drove away. Then I asked why he did that? He answered, that I was out and just took the opportunity while after he began laughing. Well i really had not seen this before, but then I do not drive so much in vehicles. Tell me what you think about this incident, and have you experienced something that you would call wrong.
seaweedspit13
Banned
+23|6452|doncaster uk
i wud have done the same thing im affraid ur ment to work as a team one drives n guner repairs
stef10
+173|6452|Denmark
Well he was in my squad. I forgot to mention that.
In some way I see that as stealing.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-07-29 10:34:02)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

oh yeah its wrong and it happens - but since you took damage to your tank u should have hustled back to the spawn point of the tank bc it would have been just a short time before that tank was destroied
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I think that thats what happens in BF2,take a lesson from me and get away from enemys AND friendly's before repairing.

Oh and were are you from stef?
stef10
+173|6452|Denmark
I am from Denmark. You know the land by the North Sea. It is not that far away from England.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-07-29 10:36:53)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Yeah i know were Denmark is...I was just asking.
stef10
+173|6452|Denmark
Well i just see that a lot of people do not know where the country is.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-07-29 10:39:02)

ekki82
+1|6661|Germany

stef10 wrote:

mmmh Denmark? Never heard of it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

ekki82 wrote:

stef10 wrote:

mmmh Denmark? Never heard of it.
the sarcasm is funny itself
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Thats why you TK your gunner before you start to repair.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

BabySpinach13 wrote:

Thats why you TK your gunner before you start to repair.
i've started doing that.. especially on warlord where it happened 4 times yesterday.

once was when the tank was at main base.. it'd been the target of one c4charge and i was repairing it.. someone spawned and started to drive off.. so i hopped in the gunner seat and spammed "bail out" and was met with "no way" then "you were repairing it for me asshole"

so i hopped in the TOW at SAS base and blew the shit out of him.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
you snooz you lose
spawnofthemist
Banned

THA wrote:

you snooz you lose
dare i correct THA's spelling?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

stef10 wrote:

Today i experienced something, that i call very unmoral. While i was driving my tank i got hit by a missile, and had to repair the vehicle immediately. Then I drove away from the rest of my team to ensure security from struggles. Them my gunner took the vehicle, while i was repairing and drove away. Then I asked why he did that? He answered, that I was out and just took the opportunity while after he began laughing. Well i really had not seen this before, but then I do not drive so much in vehicles. Tell me what you think about this incident, and have you experienced something that you would call wrong.
Yup ... happened a couple of times but never again.  I'll die in that tank before I'll get out to repair if there is another friendly around, particularly my "buddy" gunner.

Now, if I have a gunner I'll retreat to a safe place and request repair and crates.  If something comes, great.  If nothing comes, then the gunner usually bails and heads to the action ... I then will get out and repair. 
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore
Welcome to BF2.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Just go into game with the mindset that you are the only intelligent, moral, considerate, and generous player in the game.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
I think to get rid of this that problem that dice should add a self destruct device that only engineers can plant and it will make a tank self destruct in 20 seconds after they leave!
Crawdaddy79
+27|6507
There's no way around it - it's something  you should just expect to happen every time you try to repair a vehicle.  If someone takes it, it's best to just let it roll off your back and go a different route.

I don't do it to other people..  I have jumped in the tank as it was getting repairs so that the engineer gets a repair point and I can watch for incoming APCs, etc.. , but when it's done to full armor I switch to gunner or jump out and let him have it back.

Has someone taken the tank from me?  Yes.  Once.  After that  I've always either not repaired it or taken it a distance away from others so I can repair it without worrying about losing it.  I always watch for blue dots closing in on my on the minimap as I repair... if they get close I jump in regardless of how much repair I've done.
spawnofthemist
Banned

Crawdaddy79 wrote:

There's no way around it - it's something  you should just expect to happen every time you try to repair a vehicle.  If someone takes it, it's best to just let it roll off your back and go a different route.

I don't do it to other people..  I have jumped in the tank as it was getting repairs so that the engineer gets a repair point and I can watch for incoming APCs, etc.. , but when it's done to full armor I switch to gunner or jump out and let him have it back.

Has someone taken the tank from me?  Yes.  Once.  After that  I've always either not repaired it or taken it a distance away from others so I can repair it without worrying about losing it.  I always watch for blue dots closing in on my on the minimap as I repair... if they get close I jump in regardless of how much repair I've done.
agreed on the last part..

if JaM3z reads this he'll confirm how god damn protective of my armor i am.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6563|Lexington, Kentucky

seaweedspit13 wrote:

i wud have done the same thing im affraid ur ment to work as a team one drives n guner repairs
Problem with your statement is the Engineer drives. He drives because he can repair anything around him from the driver seat. Basic strat. is to have two engineers in armour, repairing each other. Gunners to my knowledge can't repair anything from the gun seat. Gunners are also sitting ducks. Stealing a tank from the driver is by far one of the most asshat moves one can do in BF2, and many many admins kick for doing such. (I know I would)

As a Teamwork player, and as a Grammer Nazi, I am offended by you.
As an aside, I'm wishing we had Negitive Karma back, just for this reason.
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6473

seaweedspit13 wrote:

noob.

theres nothing worse than when you're repairing your tank and some nob comes and steals it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard