souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K
I for one think that maybe some icons showing the position of ground troops attacking enemy bases could be a good idea , not just the radar icons but some visual ones too . I been kicked for TK,s far to many times now because i just cannot see them next to so many other markers on the radar hud . Also maybe a little less punishment going on for the fly boys trying to help you guys out .

It ain't that easy trying to pick of them tanks when your all trying to hide by them !

Last edited by souljar (2006-07-29 03:03:48)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6781|Comber, Northern Ireland
yea i agree its especially bad on maps with bombers
souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K

david363 wrote:

yea i agree its especially bad on maps with bombers
Yeah i know what ya mean , it,s been the cause of many kicks for me .

It,s not easy with the clusters but so sweet when they only got one base left on a big server BOOOOOOM .

Last edited by souljar (2006-07-29 10:48:15)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6811|Human Meat Shield
Uh... look for the RED Dots, not the BLUE ones. Usually pilots don't care about friendly ground troops anyway.
Madhadda1
+270|6587|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
wow "imdead" why did you even post you havnt even tryed to fly or bomb anything its not so easy so how about you stop making stupid usless post and go tank whore somewhere... if you can even aim and shoot i mean it takes so much skill i dont even think i could do it....

any way back on topic i think that would be a good idea +1

Last edited by Madhadda1 (2006-07-29 11:30:48)

souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K

imdead wrote:

Uh... look for the RED Dots, not the BLUE ones. Usually pilots don't care about friendly ground troops anyway.
Yes another flamer shows his stupidity by posting yet another ridiculous comment .

I mean do you think i fly around looking for friendly targets to bomb , (TIP) try reading posts and understanding them before trying to flame them .

Get a clue buddy !
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6572|Boston, MA

Madhadda1 wrote:

wow "imdead" why did you even post you havnt even tryed to fly or bomb anything its not so easy so how about you stop making stupid usless post and go tank whore somewhere... if you can even aim and shoot i mean it takes so much skill i dont even think i could do it....

I know that was a stupid comment but why must you assume everybody that disagrees with you tankwhores? I can't even find his stats anywhere, how do you know he doesn't have an expert aviator badge or something?

Anyways, it's in there for realism. The same reason why they don't allow you to have auto fire on all guns, because they don't make it that way.
souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

I know that was a stupid comment but why must you assume everybody that disagrees with you tankwhores? I can't even find his stats anywhere, how do you know he doesn't have an expert aviator badge or something?

Anyways, it's in there for realism. The same reason why they don't allow you to have auto fire on all guns, because they don't make it that way.
There's also allot of other aspects of the game that a far from realistic though so why not ?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6572|Boston, MA
Well I'm just saying why they don't have it, to keep it realistic.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6758

souljar wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

There's also allot of other aspects of the game that a far from realistic though so why not ?
if bf2 became realistic... then it will be completely different, soldiers wear ID tagged equipment, so friendly know theyre there.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6627|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
Squad leaders should be able to, say, request an air strike, like they request repairs, or demolitions.  A colored smoke puff should come up, visible to pilots, marking where to bomb.  I kno some pilots are good at bombing looking only at a UAV, but I usually miss huge clumps of troops.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6720|Middle of nowhere
i think this is a great idea!!

i'd be a better pilot if whenever i get in a plane, my Teammates would spot people for me.  Most of the time, i just fly around randomly bombing places because there's no UAV, or noone is spotting anything, that's part of the reason i hate flying.  I bet if i had a good commander, i would like it more.

I'd also probably like it better if i was better at dog fights (once i get someone on my tail, i'm dead... even if i'm in a J-10... yes i suck)
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6591|UK

Dear God no, why should the fly boy's be given extra things like that, they all ready have an edge in game, tk's are one of their few draw backs, with this then......

JESUS NOOOOOO WAY
souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K

Bell wrote:

Dear God no, why should the fly boy's be given extra things like that, they all ready have an edge in game, tk's are one of their few draw backs, with this then......

JESUS NOOOOOO WAY
With this then........... ?

You know it makes sence , dont be an ass !
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6591|UK

If it's a majour problem for you then you suck at flying, practise on single player, then come back and you wont need it.

I've always held the belief, no vehicle user should be given 'extra' tool's to help them, your in a vehicle, you already have an edge, why add do it?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6811|Human Meat Shield

Madhadda1 wrote:

Funtime again!

WE OWN a WAKE.. I know what goes on.. If you would have looked further below you would have noticed a "64 Wake" server we own. Again, me, personally find it easy to drop the payload, and really if you are decent pilot you would know your maps and AA, other than that look for the red dots, its that freaking easy, I don't fly that much, I find it better and more competition on the ground, you see, IM not all about points, If I were I would fly constantly and only go to 16 man servers.  Am I a great Pilot? NO Am I decent? YES Do I fly alot ? NO. I needed competition so I dogfight only, but at first my 3 hrs of gameplay when I bought this game I dropped payloads and racked up points, now I dogfight, and its alot better than dropping bombs, its actually quite competitive and I see more and more experienced pilots just dogfighting.

Im tired of people judging off stats. but to be honest with you guys... this is great proof of how wrong you are.

TIME:Total 1150:49:47

Armor 48:17:48 3,186 904 3.7765

% in vehicles: 13%

Bite me.

Last edited by imdead (2006-07-30 07:03:02)

souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K

Bell wrote:

If it's a majour problem for you then you suck at flying, practise on single player, then come back and you wont need it.

I've always held the belief, no vehicle user should be given 'extra' tool's to help them, your in a vehicle, you already have an edge, why add do it?
Who said anything about major problems for anybody you fool , this is the bf2 improvements ideas section is it not . Stop trying to flame my topics with pathetic crap that you have not thought through properly . Do you really think i have that many points in the aviator class that i suck at it . Do you think i got them sitting in the plane and not bombing nothing , 19000 kills 3000 deaths , read it and weep idiot .

(TIP) Check spell checking out . You live up to your name well bell .

Last edited by souljar (2006-07-30 07:53:21)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6672|Washington, DC

IRL planes can't detect friendly infantry with IFF so the realism thing goes out the window. It should be added in because it just takes some ease off the pilot's back. It's not my fucking fault a medic decides to run up to fuck the enemy T-90's tailpipe.

If thisg ame were realistic, there wouldn't be any of that stray missile bullshit (Identification Friendly or Foe, but right now it's I Fuck-Up Friendlies), the F-35 would be one of the best planes in the game, etc.
souljar
+8|6527|Liverpool U.K

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

IRL planes can't detect friendly infantry with IFF so the realism thing goes out the window. It should be added in because it just takes some ease off the pilot's back. It's not my fucking fault a medic decides to run up to fuck the enemy T-90's tailpipe.

If thisg ame were realistic, there wouldn't be any of that stray missile bullshit (Identification Friendly or Foe, but right now it's I Fuck-Up Friendlies), the F-35 would be one of the best planes in the game, etc.
Well said buddy , glad to see some more people with intellect on these forums and not just more bell-ends .
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6759|Veenendaal, The Netherlands

souljar wrote:

I for one think that maybe some icons showing the position of ground troops attacking enemy bases could be a good idea , not just the radar icons but some visual ones too . I been kicked for TK,s far to many times now because i just cannot see them next to so many other markers on the radar hud . Also maybe a little less punishment going on for the fly boys trying to help you guys out .

It ain't that easy trying to pick of them tanks when your all trying to hide by them !
I give you my full support, yesterday i've got a "punish-streak" thanks of the noobs who run in front the enemy tanks when i drop my bombs, on Smoke Screen

Last edited by masterHouse (2006-08-08 11:32:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard