Tarthkin
+-1|6733
Ive noticed that no-one on the servers i play with understand the concept of picking up a medic's kit from a dead medic so that he can revive the fallen squad.  I thought that this would be something simple to do and would save alot of time and resources as well as really help out the squad.  Maybe its too much to ask for someone to give up their favorite kit in order to help the greater cause, but dont you think that more understanding of the "g" button would benefit servers all over the world?

Just an observation
-DS-Carbon
+0|6732|New Hampshire
Yeah I do it all the time, sometimes I loose my original gear but oh well.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6750|Northern VA
I dig, it's tricky to pull off though, and when the medic is revived he gets your gear, then you're stuck being a medic. I play AT and medic so it's usually not a problem to go from AT to medic, but most people would probably rather stick to the kit they chose while waiting to spawn.

It's a completly different world when you look up at it from the ground.
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6730|The Netherlands
I think ppl know that, but just 2 lazy to do it lol
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

Do ppl know what the "g" button does?
Yes, my 'g' key moves my player backwards.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Do ppl know what the "g" button does?
Yes, my 'g' key moves my player backwards.
Freak
FLaXCarnage
+1|6757|Florida
Mine throws monkey fieces at people but that might just be me.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6785|englewood FL.
nope mine does the same..lmao
Kommando
+0|6723|Brisbane Australia
sometimes it takes a short while to recognise what kit a downed player has.
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6733|Austin TX
i hate when you try to get the medics kit, and you grab the spec ops of the guy next to him. then youre running around pointing straight down and BOOM. ur dead.
chickenmuncher
+2|6721| U.S.A.
What I do when I go to my friends house, he has two computers side by side set up with BF2. we usualy join the same server and lock ourselfs in a 2 person squad. One of us is a medic and the other anti-tank. If one of us goes down no matter what we are right next to each other to get revived and if i'm no the leader I spawn on him, if dies he unlocks the squad and rejoins makin me the leader, I quickly lock it and he can spwan on me. If you don't have side by side computers try x-fire (xfire.com) or call a friend its a great way to play clean and get easy revenge on ome one that just killed you.     Also ( having the unlockable anti-tank shot gun and medic L85 really helps a ton)
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6726

Use Teamspeak or Ventrilo...it works wonders for two people working together and sounds so much better than the BF2 VoIP
Galen1066
+1|6730|Colo. Springs
I did that once, revied the medic and became the medic and then went on to revive a support guy and got killed, so he does the same for me I get his kit which had the PKM? unloack and he gets pissed and TK's me so he can get his kit back, little did he know he opened a can of whoop-ass then cause i changed sides after round went back to sniper and popped him at least 5x, so got even i guess
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6798|Australia
i hate nothing more than being a medic and someone using my kit to revive me. thats were all of my suicides come from.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6723
using the medics own kit to revive...if its a two man squad working with communication, its a good thing. if i got the medic upgrade, and somebody comes along and swipes it, leaving me with his un-upgraded gun, it bothers me. unless your a medic, i dont expect you to rez me.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6732

Tarthkin wrote:

Ive noticed that no-one on the servers i play with understand the concept of picking up a medic's kit from a dead medic so that he can revive the fallen squad.  I thought that this would be something simple to do and would save alot of time and resources as well as really help out the squad.  Maybe its too much to ask for someone to give up their favorite kit in order to help the greater cause, but dont you think that more understanding of the "g" button would benefit servers all over the world?

Just an observation
I do that all the time.
<eN>Madcat
+2|6811
revived a fallen medic using his kit, we also got to trade back because there was a falen kit lying beside us
SNIPMIKE
Fire In The Hole!!!!!!
+1|6720|Orlando, FL
I've had a medic revive me and take my spec op kit at the same time.
dsb
+0|6748

Kr3G wrote:

i hate when you try to get the medics kit, and you grab the spec ops of the guy next to him. then youre running around pointing straight down and BOOM. ur dead.
*silence*

uhhh...yeah me too...
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6740|New York
the only hard part to this is, that you cant tell if the kit is medic or not, i always try to do it, but most of the time, he's a spec ops, or a support..
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6733

Usually, if you manage to revive with a fallen medic's kit, there is an enemy kit lying around nearby. You can use that to make a 3 way switch.

I do it sometimes, but only when we're in the heat of battle, perhaps capping a flag, and we are in need of numbers, not necessarily firepower. Otherwise, I can see why people would find it annoying, especially when the fallen medic is already trying to figure out if he needs to come back with another kit.

Besides, when you spawn with a kit different than your own, it can take a while to register the differences (such as picking up a pkm kit with 10 rounds left on the clip arghhh) and might make you more likely to die. Just depends on the situation I guess.
BeforeGod
+0|6785|British Columbia
I did it once on a full  32 player server. With the exception of that 2-3 seconds I played as a medic to get that one revive I was an engineer for the whole round. Somehow at the end of the game I had the most revives.

I have to say that was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in BF2.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

BeforeGod wrote:

I did it once on a full  32 player server. With the exception of that 2-3 seconds I played as a medic to get that one revive I was an engineer for the whole round. Somehow at the end of the game I had the most revives.

I have to say that was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in BF2.
that makes me laff all the time - I see my name on the top scores list with 1 or 2 'whatevers' and I was only a 'whatever' for like 1 minute... Often it's heals or revives... Often I've picked up the medic kit from fallen comrade/enemy...
Skirv
+0|6717
Yea, I try to revive medic with their pack all the time, the only time I don't is if I know their are enemies nearby and I fear for my life.  I wish the packs were different color or something cause it's so hard to see the kit type when it's going through the corpse.
McCullough
+7|6809
I use the kits of fallen soldiers all the time, sniperkits to put the vlaymores in the path of the enemy, medickits to revive my comrades, Engikits to fix vehicles or place AT mines, After i used the claymores or whatever i always tries to swap back to old kit again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard