Gatehouse12%12% - 24
Cement Factory4%4% - 9
Warehouse3%3% - 7
Factory33%33% - 66
Market (32 player)6%6% - 12
Total: 196
MorbidFetus
+76|6552|Ohio
Ok, we've been round and round about why Karkand sucks and why it is the best map and why people rush to the Hotel only to get mowed down like soft butter and how many times you can noob tube in the alleys but never have I seen one in poll format. And if one does exist in some deep, dark crevice of BF2S then it is hereby negated as this, hopefully, will become the definitive Karkand thread and everyone will rejoice for yay the day of the Karkand threads hath thou come to a pass and we shalt be free to discuss high quality maps such as Mashtuur: The Karkand That Never Was, Sharqi Peninsula: Karkand, But With Helocopters, and Jalalabad: Karkand's Little Brother Who Let His Family Down. So, in the words of that Diet Pepsi commercial, "Choose, but choose wisely."

And for those who do vote, I will throw in a fancy Karkand image I lifted off t3h in0rnets as a special bonus.

And for those who do not vote, I hope you suffer the same fate as this man. (P.S. I read he died from exposure to excessive stank breath)
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6491|Ann Arbor, MI
Square.  Access to vehicles and my favorite part of Karkand....the ramp!!!!
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6752|the middle of nowhere
Factory. That's where all the armor spawns.

MorbidFetus wrote:

we shalt be free to discuss high quality maps such as Mashtuur: The Karkand That Never Was, Sharqi Peninsula: Karkand, But With Helocopters, and Jalalabad: Karkand's Little Brother Who Let His Family Down. So, in the words of that Diet Pepsi commercial, "Choose, but choose wisely."
ROFL
MorbidFetus
+76|6552|Ohio
No one say Gas Station!!!!

It doesn't exist!!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

karkand has spawn points? the answer is no, the hotel is where all the fighting is
MorbidFetus
+76|6552|Ohio
Goddamn I spelled helicopters wrong and it was Diet Coke, not Diet Pepsi.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Whoever votes anything than Factory is a Karkand nub.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
i picked the chinese carrier.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6506|Melbourne, Australia
Gatehouse.

Easily defendable flag with good strategic control of the major river crossing. If you have this spawn point you have a better chance of controlling the 3 other spawn points on that side of the river. You can blow the bridge easily, limiting armoured access to the ford (ancient word for a shallow river-crossing point, NOT a car company in this case) which makes crossing the river very difficult in the face of determined defenders, as you are completely exposed.

I have often found that control of the Gatehouse, destruction of the bridge and subsequent defence of the bridge and the ford has meant the difference between a narrow victory for MEC and a complete overrun by USMC.

\\'
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

64 Karkand map size nubs. Gatehouse is the key.
Amish_electrition22
+9|6638|Minneapolis-MN
suburb for me. Its a huge foothold for the usmc.  i was just plaing this map and every time the usmc got it early they won.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6506|Melbourne, Australia

Amish_electrition22 wrote:

suburb for me. Its a huge foothold for the usmc.  i was just plaing this map and every time the usmc got it early they won.
My second choice.

If just 1 MEC will spawn here at the start, as Engineer, they can have a huge influence on the outcome. Mine the "southern" approaches just flag-side of the crests and then hide in the MG nest on top of the building. If you hear the boom, hop onto the MG and finish-off the survivors - this MG has a remarkably good field of fire - if there are too many, stay low and blow the head off anyone who ventures up the ladder. If they go around the back to lob grenades, lob them first. If they cap the flag without realising you are even there, crawl to the front left corner of the sadbags and re-cap (or resist the capping) from there. Even just delaying them can be enough. Don't mine the "eastern" approaches (from the Train Accident) as this is where (intelligent) reinforcements are likely to come from (after making sure the bridge is still secure).

But I could be talking total shit.

\\'
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
OMFG I HATE SUBURB

Its so far away from all the action, and theres that small squad of sargents who take a humvee over the hills way way west of the fighting, capture it, and then leave it cause NO ONE goes there.  But you HAVE to go capture it because if you dont then tons of assholes will spawn there and capture all of the back points and the game is over 198-0 tickets totally taking the piss.

But I voted for Market... very central.. IMO its the heart of the map (since I only really play 32 player karkand :\) becuase you can attack vital flags on the map... and suburb...

Last edited by Cursed You (2006-07-28 00:12:42)

Mista Smokes
+5|6607
Airfield Ftw!!!!!!
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Gamearena 25

Once you play that, you tell me where the most important spawn point is, hotel is capped within 3-5 mins, or atleast when Im on!

Lol, Im writing the ultimate guide to karkand, and its 800 words in and thats only the beginning! and I have like, 3 500 word assignments due soon,

Now thats when you play BF2 too much, when writing guides becomes priority over school work

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-07-28 00:51:47)

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6691|The Netherlands
As the poll sais, factory is the most important one, simply because it holds key to all MEC vehicles, and, it's exactly the other side of the map so you can push the MEC back from those 2 points.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
Factory and Gatehouse are the critical points. Someone has to bring the armor to the frontlines (Hotel) and defend the chokepoint.
Chao2
+8|6716|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Definitley the Factory, If it gets capped and you notice your the only MEC trying to get it back you know your team sucks.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6825|St. Louis, MO
The factory 64 player and the gatehouse 32 player size.Obviously since their your capable main bases.Once captured your fighting a war on two fronts with destroyed  command assets.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway
IMO the mec`s lose if USMC cap a flag early so i think the hotel is the most important because they have to defend the front lines. Only the commander should stay back at the base. Most of the time the commander can defend the base with some mines because the usmc rarely put any effort to take it before they lay under with 100 tickets. I once got myself 20+ AT mine kills as commander while defending the base alone in a 64 server.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6542|Doncaster UK
suburb just from the point of view from USMC it gives you a quick route down to the gatehouse and also allows you to trap the mec at the square/hotel because you can rush them from two fronts.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6605|Cambridge UK
As much as i hate to say it, i picked the Hotel... I know its frowned upon, but it's still the only cp on the map that (if used properly!) can keep the US out of the city - for the whole round.
MorbidFetus
+76|6552|Ohio

Kontrolfreq wrote:

As much as i hate to say it, i picked the Hotel... I know its frowned upon, but it's still the only cp on the map that (if used properly!) can keep the US out of the city - for the whole round.
You don't even have to get close to the Hotel to bypass it.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6605|Cambridge UK

MorbidFetus wrote:

Kontrolfreq wrote:

You don't even have to get close to the Hotel to bypass it.
I know, but the people defending don't always spawn that close to it either... from there you can defend the whole front line, not the flag itself.
Jim_Bred
+15|6503

Sarrk wrote:

Gamearena 25

Once you play that, you tell me where the most important spawn point is, hotel is capped within 3-5 mins, or atleast when Im on!

Lol, Im writing the ultimate guide to karkand, and its 800 words in and thats only the beginning! and I have like, 3 500 word assignments due soon,

Now thats when you play BF2 too much, when writing guides becomes priority over school work
your writing a guide on how to play Karkand, with 59 hours played on it only....something not right there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard