R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

I see alot of us stating our ideas for the BF2S Au server i.e. Map sequences Types to run etc.

So i thought creating a topic for this would be a good idea, so post away!
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
R3v4n
+433|6488|Melbourne

Well since there been no replys yet ill post an idea of mine:
Mabey have a Friday night Mod night like once a month, i havent seen many if any BF2 mod servers running BF2 Australian forces (supprising i know) but i think things like this would mix it up a bit and keep people interested.  What do you all think?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6761|Perth, Western Australia
Big map rotation
Operation Clean Sweep
Zatar Wetlands
Fushe Pass
Operation Smoke Screen
Operation Harvest

Inf map rotation
Great Wall
Midnight Sun
Songhua Stalemate
Mashtuur City
Sharqi Peninsula
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6539|Internetfitlerland

Personally, i would remove the EF maps.  Purely because not many people have it, and the server population would half (IMO) and we are after numbers are we not?
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia
I say keep the server as normal and SF battlefield 2, but thats just my opinion.
I would really like to see a map rotation that included Shongua Stalemate, Daqing Oilfields and Sharqi Peninsula and Fushe Pass, but obviously not only these. Maybe 2 rounds a map, and POSSIBLY swap the teams every round....

Just putting it out there
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6506|Melbourne, Australia
I'd like to see all BF2 and SF maps.

But I'd also like at least 3 rounds per map - the first round of a map I'm usually late to start because it takes so long to verify... 3 rounds would mean less time (for me) wasted loading and verifying. In fact that's the only reason I play one-map servers; to get rid of that verifying time.

If you can also get the map-voting thing to work (I've never seen it happen) then unpopular maps can be bypassed without taking them out of the rotation completely - i.e. there will still be a chance that people can play the night SF maps if they want to.

I hate the team swapping every round. Maybe every 4 rounds. If you go for swapping every 2 rounds, with 2 rounds per map, you can stagger the team swapping and map rotation.

When I'm playing with friends I like to be able to keep playing with them.

Sorry, garbled ranting.

\\'
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

32 on 16

Nuff said

When it comes out, We'll see what types of things get the most people

A friday night mod night would be good, I'd play it, make it every fortnight though
R3v4n
+433|6488|Melbourne

Sarrk wrote:

32 on 16

Nuff said

A friday night mod night would be good, I'd play it, make it every fortnight though
Yep Fortnightly is a good idea.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

Even I'd play!
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6525|Australia
i'll be there. Even if i hate bf2, i get to own the shit out of all my bf2s aussie friends.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sarrk wrote:

32 on 16

Nuff said

I can make that. Keep the map rotation to BF2 and SF... I don't have AF or EF.

3 rounds per map is also great for me.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Flecco wrote:

Keep the map rotation to BF2 and SF... I don't have AF or EF.
Hopefully we will have a SF night/day.

Flecco wrote:

3 rounds per map is also great for me.
It is.
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6532|Sydney, in 1978
how about karkand (64) and wake (64) as the map rotation 5 rounds per map?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Hmmm, have to find out the days for SF as I don't own the expansion.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6721|Melbourne, Australia
i agree that we should play all the maps an not just the old WAKE , KARKAND , SHARQI AND JALALA over and over again
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
24/7 Wake Island, Carrier rape Allowed.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

LT.Victim wrote:

slight objection, but then again the carrier has a massive anti-air gun, so it sorta evens it out.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center

some_random_panda wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

slight objection, but then again the carrier has a massive anti-air gun, so it sorta evens it out.
Two, actually.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

I.M.I Militant wrote:

i agree that we should play all the maps an not just the old WAKE , KARKAND , SHARQI AND JALALA over and over again
Yeah, as Sarrk said, 32 on 16 is a great map size/player ratio for many of the maps anyway. Except Iron Gator, that just gets plain freaky with 32 on 16. Maybe make the rounds longer by adding more tickets.

I am really hoping to see Daqing Oilfields 16 player size on the server. I like everything about that map except for how hard it is to find a server running it.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
Some good ideas, maybe city-large-city-large map rotation??? Keep everyone on their toes....
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Thanks for the ideas guys.  These will be taken into consideration and discussed at our next meeting.
YunDog
+6|6551
I would like to suggest dropping Wake Is from the map run on this server. The map is probably the most uncompetitive in the game and tends to encourage a stat padding mentality. It also tends to generate a fair amount of animosity both between teams because one teams feels they are pretty much just adding to some J10 or chopper pilots kill stats, and competition for said J10s within the team.

Jet spamming is a problem on almost all the maps - and with complete fantasy reloading and repairing with no landing or skill required  - but on this map its an institution.

I was playing on the server the other day with low player numbers - I got to the island after being killed 10 times trying and when I finally neutralised a flag - I was hit with chopper TV and rockets, j-10s, AND ARTILLARY (continuously)- a bit of over kill for 1 man - even if it was YunDog

With so few men I didnt even consider it warranted a commander

its this sort of uncompetitive game that has me searching for another server - because one sided games are boring and lame - even if your on the winning side

and players who play this style of spawn raping - jet spamming - are cowards IMO

do we want to encourage this type of player from GameArena to the BF2s server

the funniest thing is looking at their numbers at the end of the round and there getting like low 20s - LOL hardly worth spamming for numbers like that - better to go back to the noob packed GA server they came from - easy and plentiful padding there
R3v4n
+433|6488|Melbourne

Wake is an awsum map, if you work as a team US can take the whole map in under 3 minutes.  GA style play wont be happening on this server as admins will be present a good deal of the time.  Also the infantry battles are far Superior to Karkand.  As far i i think, the map should stay, and u dont see an empty Wake server to offen.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-11-22 21:33:05)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Ok I have changed the map from Mashtuur to Dragon Valley and I'm joining now if anyones up for it.
R3v4n
+433|6488|Melbourne

Damn i wish my net was working properly, a technition is coming out after 5 tonight to check it out and fix it so fingers crossed ill be on before 7, (he said i should be)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard