[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6766
Ok, I was playing Wake, and this guy tks me.  I forgive him (I always do unless it's a blatant tk or unless the other guy is being an idiot) and ask what happened.  He said that it was the red text bug, that my name was in red.  Ok, understandable.  About 2 min later, he tks me again.  I forgive.  Then, in the next 8 min, he tks me 3-4 times, pretty much all of them getting shot from behind or the side.  I started getting pretty ticked, and just started punishing him.  I mean is it so hard to look at a name before you shoot someone in the back?
shiftygirl
+0|6764|Sacramento, CA
usually you can't read the name, and i'm quick to fire when i see red. i did that to someone once and apologized profusely after i killed him teh second time. but my feelings are that if you know that you have the red bug you should log out and sign back in to fix it. *at least i think thats what you need to do to fix it* whenever that happens thats what i do.

Last edited by shiftygirl (2005-11-01 11:18:53)

[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6766

shiftygirl wrote:

usually you can't read the name, and i'm quick to fire when i see red. i did that to someone once and apologized profusely after i killed him teh second time. but my feelings are that if you know that you have the red bug you should log out and sign back in to fix it. *at least i think thats what you need to do to fix it* whenever that happens thats what i do.
I do understand that, there was one of my allies who was red to me, and I only tked him once.  I just looked at the name, I didn't see that it was that hard.  I guess you ahve a point, some people have a quick mouse finger, but still, he tked me like 5 or 6 times.  That's just ridiculous.
shiftygirl
+0|6764|Sacramento, CA

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

I guess you ahve a point, some people have a quick mouse finger, but still, he tked me like 5 or 6 times.  That's just ridiculous.
kay.. 5 or 6 times is a LITTLE much... especially if he saw you spawn in the base and stuff... but whenever that happens the only thing that you can do is just switch out... and i found out that it sometimes hapens when you are about to team switch. or maybe that was just a coincidence... but anywho... kay.
thinner44
+1|6814

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

shiftygirl wrote:

I do understand that, there was one of my allies who was red to me, and I only tked him once.  I just looked at the name, I didn't see that it was that hard.  I guess you ahve a point, some people have a quick mouse finger, but still, he tked me like 5 or 6 times.  That's just ridiculous.
If he TKd you 5 or 6 times, then are you sure he's seeing you as a RED and not just being stupid. The fact is, you'll probably never know

As shiftygirl said  "but my feelings are that if you know that you have the red bug you should log out and sign back in to fix it. *at least i think thats what you need to do to fix it* whenever that happens thats what i do."

Is the only real way to solve the RED glitch for that session
ReaperUK
+0|6757
ea should fix the frickin bug, it shouldn't be down to us to find solutions
pinky_81
+1|6794|Denmark
Can you make the bug dissapear if you switch team (even if you are autobalanced back) ??
dan500
+57|6852
If its a blue name the name will come up sooner than a red name, so if the name dont show, i hit them, knifed a teammate befor..
McPwned
Canadian Ops
+0|6848|Canada
That happened to me once.  This guy killed me twice, so I asked what's up.  Red name glitch.  So, I tell him to stop shotting me and tell him where I'm coming from.  The guy, obviously an idiot, keeps killing me.  I find the best solution for the Red Name glitch is to simply leave, annoying as it may be.
Goose1123
I hate stupid people.
+0|6785|Illinois
I had the red name bug before and I just switched teams and it fixed itself.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6791|Florida
I never had this problem i had  a worse bug ok i was fixing to spawn on Kubra dam it showed usmc so i spawn at the airstrip and somewhere in the little period of me choosin the spawn point and spawnin it changed me to MEC....but it stilled spawned me at the usmc airfield.So i was like "holy hell whats goin on" so i start unloadin on people with my dao kill like 8 people cause they never shot back for some reason i got 8 kills then finally someone was like z0mg wtf and killed me.So i spawned back at the MEC airfield and everyone asked wtf i did. it was so 1337.

Last edited by FLaXCarnage (2005-11-03 05:03:49)

ayb
+0|6760|Orlando, FL
if you stop to try and read the name, you're dead 9 times out of ten. if the distance is enough that i can't identify on the basis of uniform then i wait for the name to pop. the instant a red name comes up i let it rip. when it results in a tk i apologize and explain but i do not and will not make excuses. besides, most times all you need to do is look up in the top-right corner at a little thing i like to call the minimap.
kranky
+1|6798|uk
i played a game last night wher some ones name was red and when i pressed tab to see wich side he was on .he was on the other side to me but i was getting team  damage and he was spawning from are side i was he was in a mec uniform with a usmc gun but my bro sed that on his comp he was showing up as a mec
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6766

kranky wrote:

i played a game last night wher some ones name was red and when i pressed tab to see wich side he was on .he was on the other side to me but i was getting team  damage and he was spawning from are side i was he was in a mec uniform with a usmc gun but my bro sed that on his comp he was showing up as a mec
Yea, something similar happened in the same game as the one from my original post.  Between being tked by this guy, I was defending the North Base outpost from an MEC assault (you know how can be on Wake, everyone is in that part between the airfield and the base).  Anyway, saw a teammate of mine quite a ways a head of me (I was in the base, he was up on the first hill there) and then he got killed and I saw that the game had marked it as a tk.  Seemed as if everything that goes wrong related to the red name bug happened in this one round.
wensleydale8
+81|6774|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
a similar thing happend to me once first i studied his kit it was a friendly so i just left him.
but i have tked before due to this bug.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
ospi
+0|6782|Finland, Espoo
Seen this bug a dozen times. What should be done about it until it's sorted out?

Never punish for the 1st time one of your teammates blows you away. Always ask for an excuse, as this bug is present and it's the case, they will probably tell you that you're shown as red. ( I always inform players if they are possessed by the red-name-bug). And anyway 99% of all TKs i've encountered are purely accidents. Telling the difference from a intentional and accidental TK's is pretty easy.

Do not whine about being killed a thousand times by your teammates if you're "possessed". Especially in fast paced situation (flag cap, lots of enemies & frendlies around) there's no time to think about the color of their uniform but blow them away the second you see much as a toe sticking out from a corner  and there's no blue name tag above it. So forgive TKs, even if it inhibits you from getting those precious 2 points for the coming capture.

On other situations it's very common to see a single surviving enemy trying to run for cover or he's lurking in dark corner midst friendlies (not trying to kill anyone, as he doesn't want to attract attention). So you might as well get picked by your teammate in a more peacuful situation. Forgive TK

Is it too hard to see the name who you're shooting? Yes it is, as friendly soldiers have blue name tags all the time when they're withing 30 meters or something. The red name tag pops up after few seconds of targeting the enemy. So the only thing to distinguish you from enemies is the uniform, as even in the scoreboard you're shown as enemy. Conclusion, no name tag -> SHOOT!

If you're ridden by the red-name-bug, RECONNECT. Even if it's a full server, if you disconnect and reconnect quickly, you'll have a good chance of landing your player slot back + it saves a ton of teamwork points for your team.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6762|Longueuil
Lol i was playing on USMC in Gulf of Oman and it switched me so i spawned on the MEC airfield but i was still a USMC and i could spawn on alll MEC Spawn points anyway when i spawned on the airfield i found out i was an enemy quick enought since all MEC surrounded me before i even understand i was still usmc and got killed lol so i left and came back to fix it...never appened again.
Goose1123
I hate stupid people.
+0|6785|Illinois
Try to pay attention this one is confusing. I was playing a round as usmc. In the tab menu, there was a player on our team. This player's name above him was also blue. He was in a mec uniform, with mec weapons. He killed me, and it was a normal kill for him (blahblah kills Goose1123). I was confused because his name was blue. It happend again. Next time I saw him, I shot him. I got a teamkill (Goose1123 teamkills blahblah). Next time I see him, I don't shot him. He shoots me (blahblah kills Goose1123). No teamkill. I was very confused. I have never seen anything like this before.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

I've had a bit of trouble with this bug. The funniest occurence was on Gulf of Oman when both me and my brother in arms got it at the same time. We were working together, covering each other, doing fairly well in the staying alive department, when we caught each other. We looked at each other for a while, and both killed each other. He was red and I got a bloody shock so shot him. By his quick response I can only assume that I was red too.

And Goose, he was a cheater. Same thing happned to me with some dickhead called Skyline. Couldn't even get him kicked.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-05 15:07:35)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818
NO SHIT. I mean cant they just look at uniform... I've had 90% of my deaths as TKs on Wake sometimes...
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6760|NH - USA
I was driving a tank once and saw another tank just about ram me from behind only to drive past me. I saw his red name and rank and figured, huh, he must have the name glitch...he went right by me! Then he took his head out of the clouds, turned his big gun around and ...uh...uh-ho...nailed my ass to the wall!  lol

Wake I have seen quite a few red team players. This one guy kept wailing "cant you guys see the uniform?!?!" Once I noticed that I saw him in the field and despite instinct, I assumed it was him as he didnt shoot at me, but I still ran away not knowing for sure.

I hate that glitch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard