Meggido
+7|6647
Helo soloing in itself is not a bad thing. What is bad is when you do it with plenty of gunners on the ground.

I will solo whenever the chopper is available and there is not a readily available gunner, which varies a lot from map to map. I even turn back after take off if someone yells for a pick up. Soloing is not replacement for a proper gunner.

Now, if your gunner sucks, just play as if he was not there. The dumb rockets are good enough for a decent pilot to wreak havoc, and any lucky shots the gunner gets will still be good for you.

Now with the fix added where choppers with no pilot will go down, the soloing cannot be abused as easily, so the more reason why I think it is not something people should consider an issue.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6570|Austin , TX
I admit I'm not a fan of solo'ing yet you can do it it hasnt been phazed out so.....live with it. As far as skill it doesnt take much just some practice. On my setup one button on my joystick takes me from the pilot seat straight to tv guided position, then one of my pov hats puts me back in pilots seat. So its that easy for me one button, guide, one button back in seat. Now sad part is i suck horribly at it I mean baaaaaadddd. Hence you rarely find me with out a gunner. And unless i have some ass-hat solo-pilot as my gunner i usually receive thanks and a new buddy from lining up a guy for some really good kills. Also when piloting against a solo -guy just watch him carefully dodge the tv guided that come at you, and keep elevating, after his first or second shot you should have elevation on him and your gunner should have his way with the filthy non-team player. Its really that simple , unless the guy is a god with tv-guided i rarely lose and I'm not even that good......
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

your just mad because someone doesnt want you as their gunner
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6829|Denver colorado
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SWITCH AND SHOOT. look. ghost, its not an exploit. if you think it is KEEP CRYING, because meybe your tears will help do something constructive. like make a pretty flower grow.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6567|Oxford

s()mtingWong wrote:

Why do you hate solo helo'ers?, Is it because they kill you alot?, is it because you dont have the skills to be a solo helo'er, or maybe you see that there score or stats is real high while ingame or on a website. People that complain and dice screwups is the reason why we have patches.
Amen! Get in those Helo's and practise..
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6532|Denmizzark!!
Its not an exploit but it grinds my gears when people fly of alone..
1hawaii50
+5|6705
I will be the first to pick up a gunner if somebody asks, but I sure am getting tired of having an idiot gunner who just has to keep firing the machine gun just to hear himself make noise.  The idiots don't understand that all they're doing is telling everybody on the map (aa included) where we are.  Then when I line them up for a perfect tank/linebacker/apc tv missile shot, the moron starts shooting the machine gun at the armor. Typically, we are then rather quickly shot down.  I am a much better pilot solo, then when I have a retard as a gunner.

Last edited by 1hawaii50 (2006-07-26 05:55:22)

eldiablo10
+2|6634|New Jersey

ghostgr wrote:

Ok I know they "fixed" this in last patch but it still happens! What they need to do is that the damn helio needs to freaking fall like a damn ton of steel! That way you don't get homo exploiters. Either that or make it spin ALOT faster.

Let me know what you think........and if you do solo shut your mouth cuz no one wants to hear from a game exploiter. lol ok not really go ahead and say what you want but soloing is just stupid.
Screw that. This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. It takes skill to solo helo man. If you can't don't ruin it for us.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

ahhh another 'zomg h4x nerf it' thead, just shut up and go learn how to shoot choppers down for the love of fucking christ. If its so easy and such an 'exploit' (inferring that they get an unfair advantage) go try it yourself, shoot them down and stfu. i sware i could swing for the pussies that 'play' this game sometimes, sry but whining isnt a game tactic, try improving your own game instead of trying to drag ppl down to your level. End.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6829|Denver colorado
i do fly with a gunner when i CAN. but i learned soloing because sometimes you dont have a gunner.
Leln
+1|6580
a good solo-gunner is always better than 2 people in a heli. A solo-gunner do not have to wait for the gunner to fire the tvg missile. At the time(1 sek) it takes the pilot to spot the opposing heli, the soloheli-player have already fired the tvg. If you are good at solo-flying, you do not miss whit the tvg. A solo-player can also use the mg to take down cars and inf. The only time 2 persons is better in a chopper is, after my opinion, is raping  when the other team only have one flag left. Plz do not make the gamer any easier. Let the skies belong to the good soloflyers.
Amen.  (sorry for my imperfect English)
Meggido
+7|6647

Leln wrote:

a good solo-gunner is always better than 2 people in a heli. A solo-gunner do not have to wait for the gunner to fire the tvg missile. At the time(1 sek) it takes the pilot to spot the opposing heli, the soloheli-player have already fired the tvg. If you are good at solo-flying, you do not miss whit the tvg. A solo-player can also use the mg to take down cars and inf. The only time 2 persons is better in a chopper is, after my opinion, is raping  when the other team only have one flag left. Plz do not make the gamer any easier. Let the skies belong to the good soloflyers.
Amen.  (sorry for my imperfect English)
I think you are absolutely wrong. It might be that  you are playing in the wrong servers or with the wrong people. Perhaps you are not playing with the latest patches (now the chopper won't fly without a pilot).

In any case, a good pilot with a good gunner will ALWAYS be better than a top-notch soloer. Find some friends or look for a gunner that uses VOIP or Teamspeak (worse come to worse you can always use MSN or a similar comm tool for two people).

I take it you might have not played SF a lot. There, piloting is very hard due to the amount of buildings, trees, height variations etc... It ain't sharqui. Not having a gunner makes it extremely difficult to get proper kills and soloing is hard because you are very likely to crash against something.

Don't get me wrong, I do soloing (see my post above) but only when I cannot find ANY gunner at all.

By the same token, though a different thing, I will always strive to get a gunner for the bombers. A good gunner/bomber pair in airplanes are a killer combo.

Last edited by Meggido (2006-07-26 13:20:53)

Chorcai
+49|6647|Ireland
hhhmmmmm....you would hate me then on gluf MEC side seems no one wants the chopper on the MEC side, so what do I do... I go alone, why you ask  ?? Well we (the MEC side) dont get the chopper robbed, and yes I ask if anyone wants a ride...but no all waiting for the jets...so off I go and I jump to the gunner seat and OMFG I use the gun...so not only do I use the TV on my own I use the GUN...now is that bad...no well for you ya; cause you died, but really I would much rather me in the chopper on my own rather than you having robbed it. Anyway it only works well with MEC chopper lots o lots o lots of splash damage.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6486|Melbourne

Try soloing in a Sea Hawk or a PLA/MEC Transport.  People in AA just dont seem to care.  I love soloing in a Sea Hawk but only if none want a ride its good fun.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Leln
+1|6580

Meggido wrote:

I think you are absolutely wrong. It might be that  you are playing in the wrong servers or with the wrong people. Perhaps you are not playing with the latest patches (now the chopper won't fly without a pilot).

In any case, a good pilot with a good gunner will ALWAYS be better than a top-notch soloer. Find some friends or look for a gunner that uses VOIP or Teamspeak (worse come to worse you can always use MSN or a similar comm tool for two people).

I take it you might have not played SF a lot. There, piloting is very hard due to the amount of buildings, trees, height variations etc... It ain't sharqui. Not having a gunner makes it extremely difficult to get proper kills and soloing is hard because you are very likely to crash against something.

Don't get me wrong, I do soloing (see my post above) but only when I cannot find ANY gunner at all.

By the same token, though a different thing, I will always strive to get a gunner for the bombers. A good gunner/bomber pair in airplanes are a killer combo.
I believe I am right:P I mostly play on Norwegian servers, and clan servers. I think you is the one who play with the wrong people. I play with clan players for the mostly. Almost all clans, mine included, play clan fights with 1 solo-pilot. This is because this gives them one more player one the grown. A good solo-pilot uses tvg, and mg.

Crashing into things when you are using the mg, is not a problem. I have practiced solo flying on local servers(about 50 hours) and know exactly where all the pipes, tall buildings, and dangerous trees are(almost as goo as there own pocket). So I can avoid them and still be able to solo-mg. If you do not believe me, watch the "Duck and Cower"- movie by Codeseven.Redux. He will show you how solo piloting really works. The frags from this film is only taken for clan matches with the top world clans.

I haven't played sf so much that I can make a statement about the choppers there. But i have noticed that they are different form the choppers in bf2.

Solo flying is still possible in patch 1.3(haven't tried 1.4 so I don't know i there are any change) the only thing is that the chopper begins to drop after 5 sek in the gunner seat. This is now problem since you normally don't need 5 sek in the gunner seat.

My main point is that a god solo pilot is better because he don't get the delay when he spot a target. A normal pilot needs to spot the target and tell the gunner that he must shoot. Believe me, a have practiced alot on solo piloting.

I always want to fly solo, if I can, but if a guy jumps in. I will try to make his job as gunner easy as possible.

I do not think we will agree, :)but i wright this post so you can see what I mean. All my arguments is taken from clan matches, public-playing on the other hand is different. Because you have jets, 2 persons in the chopper is the best way in public 64 player maps.

Be sure to visit my clan on: www.viscera.no (It is in Norwegian)

vC]Leln
(again sorry for my imperfect English)
ReGmAn78
+16|6645|Alberta, Canada
It does suck in a way cause most of the heli pilots are doing this now, cause they cant fight worth shit with rockets, ill admit ive done it a few times only when i see someone else doing it..gotta fight fire with fire.  Just fly low and fast and get everyone to spot the heli cause 9 times outta ten once u get close enough the bitches have no idea what to do and actually its quite funny watching them spin around trying to get u with tv while close up..i still get a kick out of it while im pounding them down with rockets, then they always say ur SOOO LUCKY lmfao real skill is learning to fire and hit with the hellfires.  Or jus get in a jet and use guns if they piss u off enough cause usually there high up and easy to hit when going under them....
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6486|Melbourne

Thats for sure..... dam i love just diving up at helis high up with mg's blaring o so fun...
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
schakl
+21|6688

s()mtingWong wrote:

Why do you hate solo helo'ers?, Is it because they kill you alot?, is it because you dont have the skills to be a solo helo'er, or maybe you see that there score or stats is real high while ingame or on a website. People that complain and dice screwups is the reason why we have patches.
I hate solo flyers, because it is hard to get a helo without TK (what I never do). If there are 2 seats the chance to get a chopper is much higher and then more players have 'chopper fun'.
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6638|Calgary,AB,Canada
If you can solo chopper then good job. What most people need to do is just find a way to take them down.

IMPROVISE.ADAPT.OVERCOME.

A few .50cal bullets should do the trick
T0rr3nt
+54|6576|Michigan

ghostgr wrote:

Since it was discovered. In many servers if you are caught you can be banned........but in my clans it is a few warnings then a kick.
youre an idiot, go eat a bowl of dicks you noob.

soloing is a skill. not a exploit.
schakl
+21|6688

T0rr3nt wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

Since it was discovered. In many servers if you are caught you can be banned........but in my clans it is a few warnings then a kick.
youre an idiot, go eat a bowl of dicks you noob.

and super egoistic behaviour like TK for helos or planes
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6694|South Africa

T0rr3nt wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you b!tch and moan about it, you obviously not good at it.

and as mentioned earlier

adapt or die.
LowTEC.HaX
+0|6484
Solo'ing takes quite a bit of skill, give them some credit.
schakl
+21|6688

Phatso wrote:

T0rr3nt wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you b!tch and moan about it, you obviously not good at it.

and as mentioned earlier

adapt or die.
The problem is not being shot by a solo pilot, but being kicked out by one.
I adapt ! (I shoot them in pieces, both enemy and friendly)
T0rr3nt
+54|6576|Michigan
i will never tk anyone out of the chopper. if i get it i get it, if i get stuck witha noob gunner i just do a bajillion circles at 200mph until i crash.

jk

but seriously if i get a gunner i team play with them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard